Have you ever pondered over how your device’s router network is probably at the mercy of hackers? This brings up the obvious question: what can you do to keep your data secure? The answer is: changing the settings on your device.
The key to changing your device’s setting lies in something called a web interface. It’s the place where you can independently make changes to the settings of your device to enhance its security. You can access your web interface only through specific IP addresses.
An IP address or Internet Protocol address is a unique identification number that’s assigned to all hardware devices that are necessary for networks. The IP address 192.168.100.1 is an Internet Protocol address associated with your router.
Now, you probably know that various types of routers use different Internet Protocol addresses- for example, 192.168.1.1- and each has a set of steps for you to follow to log in to the address and proceed. Here, you’re about to read all that you need to know about the Internet Protocol address 192.168.100.1.
- 1 A Brief Information About 192.168.100.1
- 2 How to Log In in 192.168.100.1 Admin Panel
- 3 What to Do When You Have Lost the Router’s Details
- 4 Things to do with the IP Address 192.168.100.1
- 5 How to Change your IP Address from 192.168.100.1 to a Different One
A Brief Information About 192.168.100.1
First, you need to be aware of a few key facts. This IP address is different from the Internet Protocol address 192.168.1.100- although they both seem very similar, the latter address belongs to a separate home-based broadband router.
Next, you should be aware of the fact that the 192.168.100.1 IP address can be assigned to any device, not just routers, although routers are common. It can be assigned to any hardware as long as the device falls within the address range, meaning you might find it to be assigned to phones, computers, laptops and so on.
Also, you should keep in mind that this IP address is a private network address, of the IPv4 category. This means that you can’t log in or access this Internet Protocol address from a system that is outside the network of your home. This IP address only means something when it falls in the range of a LAN or local area network. You should also avoid chaos by not assigning the 192.168.100.1 number to more than one device in the house.
How to Log In in 192.168.100.1 Admin Panel
- First, you must open your most trusted web browser.
- In the navigation or address bar, you must type http:// followed by 192.168.100.1
- Once you have typed this, the browser directs you to a page that asks for your admin password and username. This is a sign that you have made it to your router’s administration panel portal.
What to Do When You Have Lost the Router’s Details
There’s a good chance that you have lost track of the router’s administration panel details.
- First, you must check if you still have your default admin username and password. In order to find your username and password, you could try reading the manual, checking the back of the router for a sticker with all the admin information, or trying “admin” as both username and password.
- If you simply can’t seem to be able to use the default admin details, you have no choice but to reset your router’s settings. You will find a tiny button on the bottom or top surface of your router. The moment you press it, you will discover that the router would have been reset to the default username and password.
Things to do with the IP Address 192.168.100.1
As you have read before, this Internet Protocol address is used to access your router’s web interface. But what does one do with the web interface once they have logged in to the administration panel?
Discover Other Connected Devices
You might want to keep track of the various devices connected to your router’s network, for simple security reasons. You can view the client’s list by going to the general status page of your router settings, where you will find an option that indicates a list of devices connected to your network. One can also find details of their WAN Connection status, such as Wireless options or external Internet Protocol address.
You should be aware of the fact that routers, by default, tend to block out traffic. To enable your router to accept incoming connections, you can forward ports or use a UPnP, which is a means to let options forward their ports. You can also use a DMZ. A demilitarized zone sends all incoming links to a single system, automatically.
Improve your WiFi and Network
You will be delighted to know that you can improve the chances of obtaining better WiFi speed by modifying the Wireless network settings. WiFi channel is the option associated with WiFi speed. You can also extend your WiFi network to make it cover a greater area, by connecting your router to a larger main network.
How to Change your IP Address from 192.168.100.1 to a Different One
You might be in a situation where you will want to change your router’s IP address. This could be to avoid the confusion of having several devices with the same IP address, to deal with the accidental set up of a static address that doesn’t fall in the right numeric range, or just to feel safer. You can simply log in to your router settings panel and change the IP address from your web interface settings. Save the changes and voila, you have changed your router IP.
These are the steps to access the 192.168.100.1 IP address and understand the web interface information. While the actual IP doesn’t have any unique features, it’s useful to know what you can do to protect your web interface.