Discord is a free voice chat platform for Gamers on which you can find several other people to interact with as per your interest. It has a variety of servers ranging from gaming to social media. You can easily create a discord account and join any of the existing servers, or you can create a new server. Discord is one of the fastest-growing chat services for games with more than 250 million users. Discord has all sorts of servers where you can interact with people around the globe or a specific region. Now before we learn how to add a bot to discord, let us learn how to create a discord server. Setting up a discord server is very easy, you just have to follow a few steps, and your discord server will be ready. If you want to know about how to cross out text in discord, click here.
Let’s find out How to Add a Bot to Discord
For a first time user, you need to create a discord account first. If you already have a discord account, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open discord on your browser and log in to your discord account
- Now click on the ‘+’ icon displayed on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click on create a server
- Enter the name which you want to give to your server and select a region for it
- Now click on the create button. Once you have filled the required fields
- Your server is now successfully created
Now, as you have created a server, you can add a bot to it. To add a bot you first need to decide which bot you want to add to the server. There are a large number of bots sources on the internet, out of which we have enlisted three of them.
You can click on any of the sources mentioned above. You will be redirected to the site where you will find a variety of bots. Based on your interest, you can select which bot you want to add to your server. Depending on the source of the bot, there are different techniques to add it to your server.
Top 4 Ways to Add a Bot to Discord Server
Below there’s a list of Top 4 ways to add a bot to your discord server based on the sources that we have mentioned in our article above. Let us see steps to add a bot.
Steps to add a bot to Discord Server
- Click on the above article or directly visit carbonitex website and go to the discord section, where you will be able to find the bots
- Now you have to select the bot which you want to add on your server
- Now click on ‘add bot to server’ option displayed in green color on the right-hand side of that bots information section
- A pop-up box will request you to select the name of the server on which you want to add a bot
- Now click on ‘authorize’
- The screen will display authorized, which means your bot is now added to the server successfully
Steps to add a bot to Discord Server:
- Click on discordbot source mentioned above the article or directly visit discordbots website, where you will be able to find the bots
- Select the bot which you want to add your server based on your interest
- Click on the invite option displayed on the screen under the information category of your bot
- A pop-up box will request you to select the server on which you want to add that bot
- Select the server and click on authorize
- If ‘authorized’ is displayed on the screen, then the bot is added successfully
If you have an iOS device and you want to add a bot to discord via iOS, you have to follow the steps mentioned below to add a bot to Discord Server
- Launch the Safari browser of your iOS device
- Search for any bot sources and finalize the bot which you want to add to your server
- Now click on ‘invite’ or ‘add bot to server’ option displayed on the screen under the information section of the bot with you are adding
- A page will appear which will ask for the login credentials of your discord account. Now enter the login credentials of discord and log in
- Now select the server on which you want that bot to be added and click on authorize
- Once ‘authorized’ is displayed on the screen, your bot is added successfully. You can now exit the Safari browser and open your discord app and check the added bot in your server.
If you want to add a Bot through your smartphone, then you have to follow the steps below to add a bot to Discord Server
- Open the Web browser/Chrome browser of your mobile phone
- Visit the carbonitex website and select the bot which you want to add to your server
- Click on ‘Add bot to server’ option which will be displayed on the screen
- Now automatically discord app will open, and a pop-up will appear which will ask you to select the server on which you want that bot to add
- Select the server and then give the required permissions, after giving required permissions, click on ‘authorize’
- The screen will display ‘authorized’ which will mean that the bot has been added successfully to your server
In this article, we have discussed a few techniques that will help you to add a bot to Discord Server. You can follow any of the approaches mentioned above to add the bot depending on your comfort.
You can even create a bot by yourself, but for that, you will require some special skills and knowledge so until you acquire such skills and knowledge you can enjoy a bot that is created by skilled developers for you from the sources mentioned above. We hope you like the article about adding bots to Discord.