In this fast-moving world, it has become necessary to get every piece of information on tips of hand and reserve them under comprehensive insurance. May it be any photos, documents, or critical files; they need to be preserved under complete surveillance and made available anytime, anywhere. One such most ethical and prominent sermon is ‘Google Drive.’
It allows you to store files and also to save files online, and create, share and manage records. It includes documents, spreadsheets which are digital assets, presentations, forms, and more. Windows Explorer, File Explorer or Explorer is a GUI element that allows users to manage data, files, and folders on their PC and access it as and when required. We will learn how to attach google drive to file explorer in this article. Read this article, if you want to know more about best file managers.
Once you add Google Drive to file explorer, you are at ease in accessing your cloud files. You don’t have to bother and invest your time browsing again and again. So here are some tactics for providing you with aid in the same.
- 1 What Is Google Drive?
- 2 Working On Google Drive
- 3 How To Use Google Drive?
- 4 Google Drive For Mobile Devices
- 5 Google Drive For Desktop
- 6 What Is The Role Of The File Explorer?
- 7 How To Append Google Drive To File Explorer?
- 8 How To Manage Google Drive Sync Settings?
- 9 How To Manage Google Drive On Windows Explorer?
- 10 FAQs
- 11 Conclusion
What Is Google Drive?
It is a cloud-based service allowing you to reserve your confidential data and access it all around the globe. Drive terminates the use of a USB Drive for saving any file, and its sharing feature adds spice to its features.
Working On Google Drive
Drive serves as a backup option as it cleans your device and sets up free space. One of its unique attributes is its integrity with Google’s office suite. There are several Google drive applications, like Google Docs (one of the best essay writing software in 2022), Google Forms, Google Sheets, Google Drawings, Google Slides, etc.
Each allows you to create and edit your data accordingly to store it in Drive. It is encrypted with the transport layer security(TLS) standard before uploading your data to Google’s Cloud and gives users a minimum of 15GB of free storage space, which can even be increased by upgrading the Google One account. It even features recognition of scanned documents.
How To Use Google Drive?
It is easy to use google drive, it just requires a few steps to be followed accurately.
- You will first need a Google Account to use Google Drive. If you have a Gmail address, you don’t have to bother about creating a Google Account.
- You can access Google Drive by browsing its official site.
- You can also get started by selecting the grid icon at the top right corner and clicking on Drive.
After creating an account, you need to manage your Google Drive if you want to organize your files on your desktop. Users can even share their files and folders with others for this; you need to right-click on it and select the “share” option from the context menu.
In addition to using Drive in your browsers, you can even access it from your mobile devices, web, or desktop.
Google Drive For Mobile Devices
It is handy for iOS and Android.
It lets users view, upload, create and edit their documents and spreadsheets.
Download: Google Drive For Mobile
Google Drive For Desktop
You first have to download the Google Drive desktop app to your PC; it’s handy for Windows and OS X, making uploading files much more accessible.
After you see the Google Drive folder on the desktop, you can move any files into this to upload them to your Drive.
Download: Google Drive For Desktop
What Is The Role Of The File Explorer?
It is a file manager application that provides a graphical user interface to access the files and their management and also facilitates the creation of folders within the library, SkyDrive integration, etc. It has been found in every version of Microsoft Windows Operating System since Windows 95. And is similar in appearance and objectives to its predecessor, Windows Explorer. Users can access their files using many ways in explorer-like :
- By the use of the address bar from the folder pane, forwards and backward buttons, and also by the use of the search function.
- Using Windows Explorer, you can copy a file, move a file, rename it, delete it, create a shortcut, etc.
And so also to manage, upload new files, and download existing ones, this is possible once you add Google Drive to File explorer. After this, you can view, change and even delete without using the browser.
How To Append Google Drive To File Explorer?
Steps to follow to easily append google drive to the file explorer are-
- To start and launch a browser, you need to open your Google Drive download page.
- After this, you must click “Download Drive for Desktop” to download it.
- After downloading is done, you need to double-click the Google Drive Setup.exe to run the installer.
- Furthermore, choose yes from the “User Account Control” prompt which appears.
- On the Drive’s installation wizard, click on install; if you want to add Drive and Google docs, sheets, and slides shortcuts to the desktop.
- After this installation, click “sign in with browser” on the “Sign in to Google Drive” window.
- When your default browser launches, you must sign in with your Google account.
- And here’s a successful sign-in message that appears on your screen.
- This explains how to get Google Drive in file explorer.
- Now You can view Google drive in the file explorer’s sidebar and under This PC.
- Click it to access your cloud files in your desired app.
How To Manage Google Drive Sync Settings?
There are a couple of ways to ensure your data’s security and ensure your access to the files needed.
The first is the ‘Stream’ method, which lets users manually download files from Google Drive to their PC. An alternative is the ‘Mirror’ method, which downloads a copy of all your cloud files to your PC.
- To manage Google Drive sync, you need to:
- First, click the Google Drive icon in the lower right corner.
- Then click on Settings in the top-right corner and choose Preferences.
- After this, you need to click on ‘Google Drive on the left sidebar
- And select either ‘stream files’ or ‘ mirror files’ from the right pane
6. And this will sync your cloud files.
This answers well how to get Google Drive to show up in file explorer.
How To Manage Google Drive On Windows Explorer?
You should follow below-mentioned steps to manage your google drive on window explorer
- After adding Google Drive to file explorer, and opening your Google Drive from explorer, you will see that your files have been successfully synced, as a green tick will be visible.
- The red cross can easily recognize the deleted files in explorer and can quickly be restored from Backup And Sync.
Can you list some distinct benefits of Google Drive?
There are many like it, it's compatible with MS Office, you can store, share videos, PDFs, photos, etc., it also shows close relations with dozens of Google Drive apps which allows it to edit photos, view pdfs, etc.
Is there a difference between My Drive and Google Drive?
Google Drive is the one that consists of My drive and also a related service like shared devices. My Drive is like personal storage for files; only you can access it.
For how long does a file stay in Google Drive?
There are many notices; if any file is on the verge of deletion, your consent will be considered. It will be eligible only after two years or so for deletion.
Every user desires to keep their files and documents safer, so we have addressed this cause here in this writing. Google Drive is one of the most trusted apps in this case for storing personalized information. So we have enlisted distinct ways to help users access google drive from file explorer.
It provides users with a centralized location to access their data more quickly. So also need to learn to add Google Drive to file explorer more efficiently. Lastly, we have tried to answer all your queries in this regard and sincerely hope this will be of great use to you.