The Akamai NetSession Interface is an application that you can install on your computer. The software is a secure platform that enhances the speed, reliability, and efficiency of applications downloads media and files at a faster rate from the internet, and also let you enjoy online streams and videos without any buffer or pause.
The Akamai Interface is used by many media companies so that they can give you a seamless experience. The software runs in the background while you are doing some other work, but it occupies very less amount of your RAM.
Akamai NetSession Client
- NetSession has got its Console through which you can monitor and control the Settings. If you are using Windows, then go to the Control Panel and click on the link or icon of Akamai to change the settings. And, if you are a Mac user, then go to Others > Akamai of the System Preferences pane, there you can find the Akamai icon.
- Coming to your safety and security issues, it does not harm your computer, neither it pries into your device and uses your data or transmit it to some unknown devices without your permission. It doesn’t contain any virus or malware. Its main aim is to give you a better experience in every possible way while using your computer.
- As the software runs in the background and uses a tiny amount of your RAM, it does not affect your upload or download speed when you are on the internet. But, there are some rare cases where it has affected the speed. If you are doubtful about it, then you can disable the upload from the Control panel/System Preferences.
- It might find the Akamai Interface uploading some files even though you are not uploading anything; this is because when you request a stream or video from the media publisher, NetSession downloads the data for you from the server. Therefore, it has to send back some feedback or acknowledgment about successfully receiving the packet. Hence, it sends back the feedback.
- If you are facing any trouble using the NetSession, you can solve it by running a troubleshooting report. For running the troubleshooting, you have to go to the Control Panel or the System Preferences and click on “Support.” A report will be created and look after some repeatable solutions to your problem. It will probably solve your problem, and in case it doesn’t, you can talk to their customer care services as they will assist you to get through the problem.
- You can also stop NetSession temporarily. Simply go to the Control Panel or System Preferences and then go to “Preferences,” there you will find a “Stop” button simply click on that.
These were the things that you might want to know about Akamai NetSession Interface. We hope that we have been able to give you some brief and useful information regarding its description and functionalities that the software performs. So, go ahead and start using the app. This is a great application or your computer.