Built a new computer and want to compare it to the others? Want to check how tall your computer stands today? There is only one answer: Benchmark. CPU Benchmark Software can even be used professionally to test the stability of overclocked computers.
They can also be used to check how your system performs under stress. But which one to use is the big question.
- 1 List of Best Benchmark Software
- 2 Don’t Forget These Tips Before Running a Benchmark
- 3 Conclusion
List of Best Benchmark Software
So, here we have listed some of the best paid and free benchmark software available to benchmark your system. Just make sure that your system is in the idle state and has proper cooling. Also, check that no applications are running in the background to get a fair result. Here is the list.
It is easy to use, best benchmarking software. Its speed is actually very fast.Be it a laptop or a desktop, this cpu benchmark software compares your system with systems configured similarly. Some of its prominent features are listed below.
- Provides overall scorings on completion of the test.
- It has a huge database.
- Offers wide range of CPU checks with multiple CPUs.
- Analyse the 3D graphics and performance.
- Using advance tests it allows us create your own standard possibilities.
If you are of opinion to purchase this software then go ahead. You will get a free trial of 30 days and you will have to purchase it.
Visit: Performance Test
With this superposition GPU benchmarking, softest the stability of your hardware. The software was made keeping in mind the commercial and non commercial purposes.
- More than 900 interactive objects.
- Tool with free exploration modes with its mini games.
- Comparison of scores online with integrated global leaderboard
CPU-Z is a free benchmark software providing more information about the PC framework. The insights of this benchmark software concerning the main board of the CPU and chipset are accessible via the device assistance program.
Besides, the features of this software are memory type, size, timings, and module functionality. To get an outline of the network with no additional equipment, it uses HWMonitor to screen your network surroundings like the voltage, and temperature.
Visit : CPU-Z
UserBenchmark can be used to test the system as well as for comparison with others having the same component. CPU tests for these CPU benchmark software. This includes floating, string and an integer.
- Evaluates GPU’s 3D speed.
- Free from adds
- Provides easy user interface.
- It’s a free GPU benchmark software available for windows.
Speecy helps you to analyze the functioning of your PC. For example, it provides all the data related to motherboard, CPU, RAM, and card designing. You can easily examine the temperature of the essential parts of the PC, and simultaneously know the issues regarding it.
However, the outcome of every software in PC might vary, such as the interpretation of an XML or a book document. All of these features make it one of the leading and best pc benchmark software.
Visit : Speecy
It’s a graphics card application. Along with enhancing your gaming and working experience, it helps to overlock the performance of given system. A comprehensive outline of hardware performance is provided by this software.
It helps to
- Increases GPU clock speed. Thus you can create a apt balance between performance and temperature.
- Evaluation of hardware performance by providing details like usage, clock speed, voltage etc.
- The software is best choice for amateur users.
You can get this for free.
Visit: MSI Afterburner
SiSoftware Sandra Lite
This benchmark software provides free services to calculate the issues in your PC by collecting particular problem analysis. With the help of this benchmark software, you can obtain necessary information about CPU, chipset, memory, video connector, window internals, USB connection, Fireware, and a lot more things.
It can also collect the issues from an online assessment, which helps you to discuss further upon if the redesigning would support your PC or not. This benchmark software is more suitable for the ones who have in-depth knowledge of the internal activities and performances of the PC. Also, it is useful for the NGOs or the public to help organizations that point out investigation from different PCs.
Visit : SiSoftware Sandra Lite
Searching for benchmark which lets you know about the strength of your windows system? Your search is over . Geekbench gives you all these facilities. In order to measure your computer system’s power, it uses of various tools.
- Checks power of multi-core and single processors.
- ML(Machine Learning) and AR(Augmented Reality) performance is also checked by this software.
- Provide support for CUDA, OpenCL, Vulkan, etc along with it monitors GPU’s performance.
The tool models real world task or application. Patterns of memory access and their complexity pushes your system to limit. And, this particular software gives the required result to us. And you are able to know how efficient systems are.
It is another best benchmarking software that one must try. It has four tests relating to image editing, video encoding, open CL, and multitasking. Here, you can transfer your research to a real bench site, for comparing where you stand among other benchmarked software equipment.
The outstanding part of this benchmark software is its customary course loads, and no pressure to test the CPU, though testing remains to be the additional feature of this benchmark software.
Visit : RealBench
Here again, comes powerful benchmarking tool which is absolutely free. It provides us with the hardware performance of the system with ease. And best p is that the program works with all major types of platform.
- 3D outlook generated is photorealistic.
- Provides performance report of all processor cores available.
- The performance is analysed in OpenGL Mode.
- This is available for free.
NovaBench is one of the most popular free benchmarking software. It is a quick and straightforward tool for the job. NovaBench can not only be used to benchmark your PC but to tune or repair it based on your results. It is a two-minute test that tests your computer’s performance and compares it online.
The latest version includes modern tests for your computer, including compute and graphics tests. You can compare your PC with others using the instant comparison charts that it provides.
If you head to the official NovaBench website, you can check the Top Results. The results are divided into categories. By looking at the results, you can even upgrade your PC based on the configurations of the top PCs.
The results also represent the scores, which are dependent on the performance of the system. You can even create a new account on the website to submit your scores.
Visit : NovaBench
FRAPS is another popular free benchmark software. Even though FRAPS is made to record DirectX output, its inbuilt benchmark option has made it a popular software for comparing specifications. Thus, it is also used as a benchmark software. It’s available as a free download with in-app purchase for the full version.
However, you don’t need to buy it if your primary objective for using FRAPS is to benchmark. It is the go-to software if you want to record gameplay on your PC.
FRAPS weighs only 2.2 MB. Keep it in mind that FRAPS only test the graphics performance of your system. You also need to be running a massive 3D application or game to be able to benchmark.
FRAPS is used to test the performance of graphics cards within games. It measures the FPS or frames per second that your graphics unit can squeeze under real-time load.
Visit : FRAPS
This free benchmark software helps one to know the performance of the system hardware. Conditions of the system such as voltage, fans etc.is done by this one.
- You get the summary of power level and heat level of system.
- Its lightweight.
- Stats for system performance is shown in detail.
- No need to install. Execute from .EXE file.
You get this software for free.
Visit: HW Monitor
Futuremark in itself is not a benchmark software but a company that makes benchmark software. It provides various software for benchmarking your system. The free version, 3DMark Basic Edition is available on the site and steam. This version provides you with the basic tests.
See Also : 14 Best Free CAD Software For Windows
However, to unlock all the benchmarks and additional features like stress tests, you will need to upgrade. You can upgrade to the Advanced Edition by making a one time purchase on the site or steam.
Visit : Futuremark
Dubbed the Gamer’s benchmark, this is something to consider if you want a benchmark software to check the gaming performance.
It’s the perfect fit if you’re going to check the gaming performance of a desktop PC or notebook. It includes a benchmark that is specially designed for your hardware.
Visit : 3Dmark
PCMark is a the benchmark software to consider if you want to check the performance of your machine in handling the real world tasks performed in the modern office. It can be used on all types of PCs, from tablets to desktops.
Visit : PCMark
The Virtual Reality Benchmark. This is the software to consider if you want to check whether your PC can handle virtual reality. Virtual reality is one of the most performance hungry tasks for a PC and this software has design to test how your PC will handle virtual reality.
All of the above benchmark software is by Futuremark are available to download or purchase from their official website.
Just select the one which fits your requirements from the page. You can even download the demos for the software from steam to see if the particular app meets your needs.
Visit : VRMark
Don’t Forget These Tips Before Running a Benchmark
While running a benchmark, make sure that you follow these recommendations for best results:
- Make sure the device is in connection to a safe voltage regulator.
- Close all the apps running in the background. You will get the best results on a fresh windows installation.
- Update all your drivers before running any benchmark software.
- Make sure you have the appropriate cooling solution installed in your cabinet to prevent the hardware from overheating during the stress tests.
- Disable unnecessary program that launches them during the startup. They not only compromise the performance of the system but also increase the boot up time. To disable the useless applications, follow these steps:
1. Right-click anywhere on the taskbar.
2. Select Task Manager.
3. Click on the Startup tab.
4. Click on the programs that you think might not be useful running in the background at startup. DO NOT disable any apps that you do not know about. They may be a part of a driver or any other core system software.
5. Press the Disable button on the bottom corner.
6. Restart your computer.
These were some of the best benchmark software available for Windows 10. If you downloaded any of the above benchmark software, then let us know in the comment section. Do not forget to visit us for more articles!