The CTF Loader program, or ctfmon.exe, is a critical process in Windows 10. Because it handles numerous vital tasks in Windows, the CTF Loader process is commonly running in the background. But what if you want to turn it off?
An essential Windows process called CTF Loader, also known as the Collaborative Translation Framework Loader, makes ensuring that some Windows components are always connected and may communicate with one another. Windows provides text support for alternative user input programs through the CTF Loader.
To disable the CTF loader process on your PC, use settings like Task Manager and Task Scheduler. While the loader works well for most users, those complaining about high CPU usage can find this article helpful.
Table of Contents
What Is CTF Loader?
CTF Loader, also known as the Collaborative Translation Framework, is a background process in Windows 10 that manages and supports Task Manager. This process is known as CTF Loader or ctfmon.exe.
Furthermore, it provides text support such as keyboard translation and speech recognition and allows users to switch between input languages.
The process is not harmful, but it can occasionally cause issues that cause system performance to slow down or display various errors and high CPU usage.
Disabling The CTF Loader | Is It Safe?
The CTF Loader is a critical process in Windows 10. However, you can safely turn it off without losing essential Windows 10 features. If you disable the CTF Loader, the following Windows update may restore this process to its original state.
Also, if you come across something that immediately stops working after you disable the CTF Loader, the chances are that turning off the Windows 10 CTF loader is to blame. It would help if you reactivated it.
Disabling CTF Loader In Windows 10.
In such cases, it is better to disable the CTF Loader. Here are some ways to shut down the CTF Loader process.
Shutting Down CTF Loader Using Task Manager
Sometimes, when users do not want to permanently remove the CTF Loader process in Windows 10, they can terminate it. Users can do it in Windows 10 by using the Task Manager.
Please follow the simple steps outlined below:
- To begin, press Windows Key + X on your keyboard and select Task Manager.
- Then, after clicking More Details, navigate to the Processes tab to see a list of all the processes currently running on your computer.
- After that, you can select it by clicking on CTF Loader and then clicking on End Task, which will end this process.
You can turn off the function by following these steps in the CTF Loader task manager section. But sometimes, an antivirus may detect the CTF Loader as a potential virus and not allow you to perform these steps.
In that case, follow the steps to turn off the CTF Loader process.
- To begin, press Windows Key + E on your keyboard to launch Windows Explorer.
- Then, navigate to C: WindowsSystem32 and search for the exe file.
- Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Then, go to the Details tab and double-check that it says Microsoft Corporation. If it says otherwise, it is most likely a virus process that must be removed from your computer using antivirus software.
Shutting Down CTF Loader Using Task Scheduler
Another helpful utility to shut down the CTF Loader, discovered in Windows 10, is Task Scheduler. It allows you to schedule various tasks in Windows. As a result, you can modify the startup settings of multiple processes on your computer.
You can also use this to change CTF Loader settings, allowing you to turn it off. If you want to disable CTF Loader in Windows 10 using Task Scheduler, do the following to complete the CTF loader process:
- To run Task Scheduler as an administrator on your computer, please use Windows Search.
- Navigate to Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows- > TextServicesFramework from the left side panel menu.
- Select MsCtfMonitor and select the Disable option from the right-side panel menu within Windows 10’s Task Scheduler.
- After that, please restart your computer, which will disable the CTF Loader on your computer.
Shutting Down The CTF Loader Process Using Services Utility
The services utility allows you to modify various settings and options for all services running in your Windows 10 PC background. It will enable you to search for startup type, start or stop services, etc.
Users can also modify the properties and settings of ctfmon.exe, the CTF Loader process name. That is, if you want to disable CTF Loader in Windows 10, you can do so by using Services, as shown here:
- Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard to launch Run in Windows 10. Type msc and press Enter to open the Services utility in Windows.
- Look for the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service in the Services list when you’re in Services. After that, you must right-click on it and select Open.
- Within its properties, navigate to the General tab and select Disabled from the drop-down menu next to Startup type before clicking OK to save your settings.
- Finally, it would be best if you restart your computer. The CTF Loader will be successfully disabled and not launched unless you manually execute it.
Shutting CTF Loader Using AdvancedSystemCare
If you did not turn off ctfmon.exe on Windows 10, it is necessary and beneficial to use AdvancedSystemCare Startup Manager. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do so.
- Download AdvancedSystemCare.
- In AdvancedSystemCare, navigate to the Toolbox tab and select Startup Manager.
- Find and set ctfmon.exe to Disabled in IObit Startup Manager under the tab Services.
These are how users can disable the CTF Loader 32-bit on their PC and manage the CTF loader process.
Is CTF LOADER a virus?
No, CTF LOADER is an entirely open file. Check the file location by pressing ctrl+alt+del to see if the system is infected with the ctfmon.exe virus or not. Because CTF LOADER is a legitimate file, malware programmers spread the infection by renaming a virus program as ctfmon.exe to appear legitimate to users.
What exactly is Ctfmon.exe in Windows XP?
The Microsoft process CTFmon manages Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It is how you can control the computer using speech, a pen tablet, or the onscreen keyboard inputs for Asian languages.
CTF LOADER is one of Windows’ very own software and hence, completely legit. Users can quickly turn it off using any of the ways mentioned in today’s article whenever it starts using up lots of potentials the CPU. Hopefully, we have cleared the CTF Loader process for you.