Music cheers you up and relieves you from all kinds of stress you face in a day or at a particular time. Music preferences vary from person to person, with some preferring romantic tunes and others favoring party hits. Our music taste can reveal a lot about our personality, and music has the power to soothe and calm us. And when it comes to music, Spotify does come to our minds. But this post is about how to delete your Spotify account.
- To create a Spotify account, access the website on your mobile or desktop web browser.
- Once on the site, navigate to the top and select the “Support” option.
- You’ll be taken to the “Account help” section from there.
- To manage your account settings, click the “Account settings” tab.
- Lastly, if you need to close your account and delete your data, select the option.
Musicians aim to create enjoyable music for all listeners, regardless of the genre or mood. Music consumption has evolved as people’s tastes change. While radio and TV were once popular, people now have many different ways to listen to music. Nowadays, many music streaming apps are found, and they have grown quite popular, and now everyone has a music streaming app installed on their smartphones. Radio sets are pretty unpopular, and apps have become popular.
Table of Contents
What is Spotify?
Spotify is one of the apps growing seriously and reaching everyone worldwide. It has evolved enormously, and it is the best music streaming app right now.
Spotify is available across various countries and also available in different languages. It has reached many people, and people love it for the kind of music it provides, the quality of music, and also various options to stream their favorite songs.
Spotify has a basic version in which people can only stream their favorite songs and create playlists of their favorite songs. But they need to signup with an account and create a Spotify account even for the basic version. Spotify allows its premium users to download songs and gives various options, i.e., it allows its users to download the song in HD quality and much more.
So as Spotify has many advantages, it also has some disadvantages noticed by people, and people often tend to delete their Spotify account due to some issues. Deleting your Spotify account is not easy, and your account doesn’t get deleted by just pressing a single button as you don’t have any such option. You need to contact the customer care officer to delete a Spotify account.
Learn how to close a Spotify account with the steps below.
Steps To Delete Your Spotify Account
- Open Spotify from your browser and click About on the bottom left-hand side of the page.
- Then click “contact us” in customer service and support.
- After that, login into your account by entering your email-id and password.
- Then all you gotta do is tap on select “account” from the bottom left-hand side of the page.
- Now in the “Can you tell us more“section, you must select “I want to close my Spotify account permanently“.
- Then a warning/confirmation appears on the screen regarding closing your Spotify account, and then click “Close account.”
- Soon you will get an email from Spotify regarding the closure of your account, and if you have made up your mind to close your account, then you may neglect the email. Your Spotify account will be deleted forever, and you will no longer be able to access the account after deletion.
These were simple steps to delete a Spotify account. You need to stop paying to delete your premium Spotify account, and your account automatically gets deleted.
- Facebook: Login to your Facebook account and then go to applications. Then, from the app sections, select Spotify and click the cross button beside it. Here you go; you have Spotify delete account.
- Twitter: Login to your Twitter account and then click on applications. Then check for Spotify in the list and then click Revoke access. And then your Spotify account gets deleted.
- Google+: Login to your Google+ account, click on settings, and select connected apps. Then click manage apps and then search for Spotify. And revoke access to the account, and your account was deleted.
- Yahoo: Login to your account and then click on account info. You may have to enter your password to verify your account. And then click on account information. In account information, you need to select manage apps and website connections. And then, select Spotify to delete your Spotify account. After that, you may remove it to revoke its access, and that’s it. You have deleted your Spotify account.
- LinkedIn: Login to your LinkedIn account and then go to account settings. And then click on Groups, companies, and Applications. And in the application, you need to search for Spotify and remove it to delete your account.
This answers how to delete a Spotify account from social media. Now you can also delete your account by filling out a form. You have first to select “remove/cancel the account.” And in the second field, you must select “I want to close my account.” And in the third field, you need to specify the reason for leaving, and your account may get deleted.
You can also send an email to email@example.com. Provide your username, date of birth, and postal code. And they will delete your Spotify account.
How To Delete My Spotify Premium Account
A Premium account has various features, including HD quality, ad-free music, and the ability to take your music offline. To delete a Premium account, you must cancel your subscription and revert it to a free one.
After this, you can either retain or permanently delete the free account.
- Log in to your Spotify account by inserting valid credentials.
- Locate your name in the upper right corner and click on it. Click again on Account.
- Once redirected to the account page, locate Subscription at the bottom of the left tab.
- When the page displaying your subscription and payment details has loaded, click the link to cancel your subscription.
- Spotify will ask you to ask you the reason for cancellation after you click on the link. After choosing the appropriate option, select Cancel My Subscription at the bottom of the page it directs you to.
- Type in your password to confirm your cancellation.
- Once you have canceled your subscription, your account is accessible without the benefits of premium membership.
- Now you can delete your account as we have previously stated.
However, if you want to regain those benefits, subscribe to get a premium membership from the account.
Here are a few FAQs asked regarding deleting a Spotify account.
How Do You Delete A Spotify Account Permanently?
Please scroll up to read our in-depth guide with easy-to-follow steps to delete your Spotify account.
How Do I Cancel My Subscription To My Spotify Premium Paid Account?
Please scroll up to access our complete guide with easy-to-follow steps to cancel your subscription.
These were some simple steps to delete your Spotify account. We hope this article has helped you gain clarity if you have ever asked the question: How to delete my Spotify account?