Error 5 is an issue that the Windows 10 users face a lot. The error restricts you from installing any software as well as from using and modifying data in your computer. It is also known as “Access Denied” problem. No technical issue causes this error; it is related to your user account. If your account is not an Administrative account, then it merely implies that you have got no authority to make any changes to the computer. Once you switch to the Administrative account, you might not see this error again.
Anyway, there are ways by which you can fix this error, and in this article, we will let you know how to treat this problem.
Solve Error 5 Access is Denied Error
- You can fix by changing the security permission in the Temp folder of your computer
- Click on the “Start” button or press the Window key and type “%appdata%\..\Local,” this will take you to the Local folder.
- Scroll down to the Temp folder and right click on that to go to the properties.
- Click on Security and further to Advanced.
- Click to ‘Tick’ on the option stating “Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object.”
- Select any entry that is not inherited from “C:\Users\[Username]\” folder and click on Remove.
- Apply the changes and then click OK.
2. As mentioned above, you can change you’re your account to Administrator. For doing this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press Windows+R and type “netplwiz” followed by entering.
- Select the User account to make it administrator and click on the Properties.
- Go to Group Membership Tab, click on Administrator and Apply changes followed by OK.
3. You can also enable the built-in Administrative account of your computer.
- Press Windows+R and go to Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type “net user” and Enter.
The above two mentioned steps will help you in getting access to data or installing any software on your computer. The built-in Administrator account has the authority to act as a user Administrative account, and that’s what helps you to get through the “Error 5 Access is Denied” issue.
4. The easiest way to install a program on your computer is to make them “Run as Administrator.” You can do that by a right click on the icon of the program or the setup file and then click on the Run as Administrator.