At times, while surfing the internet using Chrome we all have seen the message reading “Err Connection Timed Out” while trying to load a website. This problem might arise only while trying to load a particular website or a few websites. This problem does not arise at the same time for all the websites. This is a very common problem that almost all Chrome users have faced at least once. This error is very irritating when it suddenly pops up while you are doing something important or trying to load an important website. This can ruin your mood and the work that you have been doing.
However, you do not need to be too stressed up with this problem as this is a very common and easy to solve the problem. There are many ways of getting this problem fixed. Some of the common and useful ways to fix this problem of “Err Connection Timed Out” are mentioned below.
Fix “Err Connection Timed Out” Error
Managing DNS Settings
Follow these steps for managing DNS settings.
- Click on the network icon in the right-bottom of your screen.
- Click on open network and sharing.
- Tap on Local area connection/ Ethernet 4
- Click on properties from the pop-up.
- Double click on IPv4
- Tick on “Use the following DNS server address” and enter the following values –
Preferred DNS server 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS server 220.127.116.11
- Click on validate settings and restart your computer.
Clear Browsing Data
Sometimes, too much cache files, app data, extensions and browsing data might be the reason for the interruption in your internet usage. Over the time the browser stores so many caches that it sometimes becomes too much.
Clearing the browsing data and removing unwanted extensions from your browser might solve the problem of “Err Connection Timed Out”.
For clearing your browsing data in Chrome, follow these steps.
- Press “control + N”. History tab will open.
- Tap on clear browsing data and select cache files to delete them too.
- Restart your computer after doing this.
Renew DNS and IP
Right click on the windows icon on the lower-left of your screen or press Windows + R and run command prompt admin.
Type the following commands and press Enter after each command.
- Netsh winsock reset.
Do not forget to press enter after each command. Restart your computer after completing this.
Edit Windows Host File
This is a rather long and confusing process if you don’t know what you are doing.
Just follow these steps, and you can edit Windows host file easily and quickly.
- Right click on notepad and run as administrator.
- Click on File > Open > Local disk C > Windows > System 32 > Drivers > etc folder.
- Select “All files” from the drop down menu.
Now you will be able to see the host files. Once the host file is open, go to the bottom of the screen and delete any website or IP address after the last #. Once this is done, click on file and then save. Restart your computer after this process.
Uncheck Proxy Option
- Press Windows+R, type inetcpl.cpl and press enter.
- Go to connections tab
- Select LAN settings
- Un-tick “use a proxy server for your LAN” and tick ‘Automatically detect settings.”
- Click OK and then apply.
- Restart your computer.
These are some of the most well-known and efficient troubleshooting methods used for fixing the issue of “Err Connection Timed Out” In case, the difficulty continues even after trying all the above-mentioned tricks; you should contact your internet service provider immediately.