Today, in this post we are going to discuss on the mostly faced issues in Android phones. Most of us will opt for the android phones for use due to its user-friendly interface. It has various advanced features which help the android mobile phones to run smoothly. Though android works better, some issues are continuously being faced by the android users. Draining of the battery immediately, the shutdown of apps, issues with GPS, Bluetooth, etc. are some of the issues with Android OS if it works for a longer time. There are several errors that may pop up on the screen, if you have faced such problem it’s a time to get rid of the errors immediately. One such major error is “Unfortunately the Process.com.android.phone has stopped”.
This problem may arise due to various reasons. Some of the reason behind this message is a problem with Sim Toolkit application or issues with the external downloaded applications, if you have installed new ROM or the latest version of Android Software or if you have recently restored data or your firmware update failed your mobile may face the above problem.
Since the reasons for this problem may vary, there are various solutions to solve this problem in your Android Phones. Here I have listed some solutions to get rid of the issue “Unfortunately the Process.com.android.phone has stopped”.
Methods to Fix “Unfortunately the Process.com.android.phone has stopped”:
Erase Cache and Data of Phone App
This is one of the most recommended options to get rid of this problem.
To do this, tailgate the steps given below.
- First Go to Settings and then select Apps (This may be mentioned as Application manager or Apps manager in some devices).
- Then Tap the All Tab so that all the apps of your device will be displayed in a column.
- There find the Phone Application and tap on it.
- Select the Clear Cache option and Clear data option.
- Then Restart your mobile to do theabove action.
Wipe Cache Partition
Turn off your android device by long pressing the following keys to do this action:
- Power On/Off button
- Volume button
- Home button
Press it for a long time till your phone vibrates once, and the release the Power button, while holding other two keys. This must be done until you see a menu on the screen.
There you may see various options in which you can use the Volume up/ down key to select.
In that select “Wipe Cache Partition.” Confirm the option by pressing the Power key.
This will delete your cache. Then finally finish the process with Reboot your phone.
Stop Automatic Updates
This is one of the options which have worked in many mobiles. It is the simplest one so you can try it. In this, you have to just stop the Automatic Update in both your mobile settings and in your Google Play Store. This option will also help you to speed the internet in your device.
Clear Cache and Data in Sim Toolkit
- To do this action First Go to the Settings option.
- Then Select the Application Manager.
- Next Tap on the All Tab option and then scroll down to select SIM Toolkit option.
- Then tap on the SIM toolkit option and click on the ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data’ option.
- Next Reboot your device and the process will be finished.
Use Custom Recovery
Fixing the problem with Custom Recovery is yet another option you can perform.
To do this follow the below steps:
- First, download the latest version of AROMA file manager.
- Then move the downloaded file in your SD card.
- Then Boot your phone into recovery mode.
- After that, your phone gets the custom recovery, in this choose Install.zip and then choose .zip form.
- Then search and click on the AROMA file manager to install it.
- Now you can find the AROMA file in your phone menu.
- Then go to the Settings option.
- In that find the option Mount Config > Check Automount all devices on start option.
- Then click on Done to save the changes.
- Next move to the data/data folder.
- Then delete the folders which contain cache sub folders from phone.
- Next, tap on the AROMA file manager menu and then click EXIT.
- Then restart your phone to the above steps to be performed.
- Follow the same steps for SIM Toolkit app.
Uninstall recently downloaded Apps
To perform this option, you have to Boot your phone into Safe Mode The Safe mode will show if the apps have the problem At that time you have uninstalled the recently added apps from your mobile.
- To perform this action first Go to the Settings option.
- Then select Application Manager.
- Next Tap Downloaded and remove the apps installed recently.
- Click on the recent apps and tap Uninstall.
Factory or Hard Reset
The above solutions will work. If the above approach does not work, there is a final solution to get rid of the “Unfortunately the Process.com.android.phone has stopped” problem in your mobile. In this, you have done a factory reset which will erase all your third party apps and your files.
But before performing this option, you have backup all your files.
Go to setting and tap on Backup & Reset option and select on Factory Data Reset it.
The above-listed methods will help you to get rid of the problem “Unfortunately the Process.com.android.phone has stopped”. You can use any one of the above methods to run your mobile phone smoothly.