What is GWXUX? GWXUX is a mild progression that lets your computer upgrade to Windows 10 from its predecessor. It is a Windows 10 and is pre-installed automatically by a Windows Update, commonly known as KB3035583. Thus, you must know how to fix GWXUX Has Stopped Working error.
If you encounter the “GWXUX.exe Application” error on Windows 10, try running an SFC Scan, executing DISM, editing your Windows Registry, checking for viruses on your computer, or reinstalling Windows.
Microsoft has installed the “GWXUX.exe” in their OS to reduce time and effort. To repair GWXUX, users can edit the registry by navigating to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftGwx” and selecting New by right-clicking on an empty area in the right pane. If something goes wrong, users can use Import. If you’re dealing with GWXUX Has Stopped Working, don’t waste time on Windows Update. Try these two solutions instead.
Table of Contents
Fix GWXUX Has Stopped Working
Use the following methods if your gwxux has stopped working and solve the issue right away:
- Hit the Windows key, click the Start button, and type Troubleshooting in the search box.
- Under “System and Security,” you will find “Fix Problem with Windows Update,” click on it.
- You might get an option “Next,” click on that, and the troubleshooter will start detecting the problem and fix it.
Hopefully, this should fix your problem; if it does not, there is an alternate way.
Uninstall the GWXUX.exe
- Navigate to the Control Panel and type “Windows Update” in the search box on the top-right corner of the screen.
- The “View Installed Updates” option is on the next page. Click on that to proceed further to “Programs and Features.”
- Scroll down to locate KB3035583, double-click on that, and it will get uninstalled.
Once uninstalled, the computer will reboot. So, wait for it to turn on, and then you can change the Update Settings to Manual rather than set it to Automatic; this will prevent you from getting further error notifications.
What does gwxux do?
GWXUX is a simple application that detects whether the apps or software downloaded in the future will work on Windows 10.
How do you fix a program that has stopped working?
If a program stops working unexpectedly, you can try uninstalling and installing again. If that doesn’t work, you can restart or reboot your device.
Why does gwxux stop working?
The program may stop working due to errors occurring in software and hardware parameters
What can I do if my Gwxux stops working?
If your gwxux stops working unexpectedly, you can try the troubleshooting method, which is available in Windows’ System and Security.
These hassle-free ways to fix the ‘GWXUX has stopped working error. Keep visiting us for more guides and solutions! Also, let us know about your experience in the comment section.