GWXUX is a mild progression that lets your computer to upgrade to Windows 10 from its predecessor. It is a component of Windows 10 and is pre-installed in it automatically by a Windows Update, commonly known as KB3035583.
Now imagine a situation when every time you have to go to the official Microsoft’s site for checking if there is an update or not and then download it. How time-killing that would be. Therefore, to reduce your time and effort, Microsoft has decidedly installed the “GWXUX.exe” in their OS.
But, there is an issue that you might face, GWXUX Has Stopped Working. To fix this problem, we have listed the two ways so that you can utilize your time doing some other fruitful work rather than wasting your time on checking Windows Update.
Fix GWXUX Has Stopped Working
- Hit Windows key or click on the Start button and type Troubleshooting in the search box.
- Under “System and Security” you will find “Fix Problem with Windows Update,” click on it.
- You might get an option “Next,” click on that and troubleshooter will start detecting the problem and fix it.
Hopefully, this should fix your problem, and in case it does not, there is an alternate way to fix this.
Uninstall the GWXUX.exe
- Navigate to the Control Panel and type “Windows Update” in the search box on the top-right corner of the screen.
- In the next page, you will find “View Installed Updates” option, click on that to proceed further to “Programs and Features.”
- Scroll down to locate KB3035583, double-click on that, and it will get uninstalled.
Once it gets uninstalled, the computer will reboot. So, wait for it to get turned on, and then you can change the Update Settings to Manual rather than setting it to Automatic; this will prevent from getting any further error notification.