What is GWXUX? GWXUX is a mild progression that lets your computer upgrade to Windows 10 from its predecessor. It is a Windows 10 and is pre-installed in it automatically by a Windows Update, commonly known as KB3035583. Thus, you must know how to fix GWXUX Has Stopped Working error.
Now imagine a situation when you have to go to the official Microsoft site to check if there is an update and then download it. How time-killing that would be. Therefore, Microsoft has decidedly installed the “GWXUX.exe” in their OS to reduce your time and effort.
But, there is an issue that you might face, GWXUX Has Stopped Working. To fix this problem, we have listed the two ways so that you can utilize your time doing some other fruitful work rather than wasting your time on checking Windows Update.
Fix GWXUX Has Stopped Working
Use the following methods if your gwxux has stopped working and solve the issue right away:
- Hit the Windows key or click on the Start button and type Troubleshooting in the search box.
- Under “System and Security,” you will find “Fix Problem with Windows Update,” click on it.
- You might get an option “Next,” click on that, and the troubleshooter will start detecting the problem and fix it.
Hopefully, this should fix your problem, and in case it does not, there is an alternate way to fix this.
See also: – Top 5 Methods to Improve Internet Experience
Uninstall the GWXUX.exe
- Navigate to the Control Panel and type “Windows Update” in the search box on the top-right corner of the screen.
- On the next page, you will find the “View Installed Updates” option. Click on that to proceed further to “Programs and Features.”
- Scroll down to locate KB3035583, double-click on that, and it will get uninstalled.
Once uninstalled, the computer will reboot. So, wait for it to turn on, and then you can change the Update Settings to Manual rather than setting it to Automatic; this will prevent you from getting any further error notification.
See also: Ways To Fix Ares Wizard Not Working
These were some of the hassle-free ways to fix, ‘GWXUX has stopped working error. Keep visiting us for more guides and solutions! Also, let us know about your experience in the comment section.