If you’re planning on expanding your following on Twitter or, better yet, turn Twitter into a platform where you can promote and market your business, then you’re most likely to want to use an appropriate Twitter username. Additionally, to boost your business’s social media presence, a large Twitter following is ideal. So, if you’re looking to buy more Twitter follows, HowSociable has a list of the best places to do so. That being said, a Twitter username or handle, as most people call it, is what Twitter users generally make use of to reply to your tweets or find you on the platform. It is also what appears on your profile when you tweet something or direct message, someone. So lets learn how to change twitter handle.
Each username is unique to a particular account. That being said, if you’re wondering how to change your Twitter handle, then don’t worry as it is a pretty simple process with just a few things to keep in mind. To change the username, different procedures depending on the type of device you’re on, and we will be iterating in detail how to change the username on all of these devices. Additionally, when you change your Twitter handle, all of your followers can see the updated version. Therefore, If you are particular about changing your Twitter handle, make sure to let your followers know about the same to direct message or respond to the tweets under that new username.
How to Know Who Unfollowed You on Instagram? (7 Ways). Click here!
So without further ado, here is how to change twitter name on both your both mobile phone and desktop-
How To Change Twitter Handle Via Your Mobile Phone
Now, you’re most likely to access social media sites from your phone, so if you’re on your mobile and wondering ‘how do I change my Twitter handle?’, then here is the procedure for doing so-
- Find ‘Settings and Privacy’ by clicking on the hamburger icon in the top left corner of your mobile’s screen, and from there, click on ‘Account.’
- Next, click on ‘Username’ and add a new username as per your liking in the username field.
- Finally, click on ‘save,’ and you have now updated your Twitter handle.
So here was how to change the Twitter username if you’re on a mobile phone. This procedure works both for iOS and Android. However, if you’re on a desktop and wondering how to change Twitter handle, then read on.
How To Change Twitter Handle Via Your Desktop
If you’re on a desktop and wondering how to change your @ on Twitter, then follow the next set of steps-
- Click on the ‘more’ button from the navigation bar, which you can find on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Next, from the options that come up within the drop-down menu, select ‘ Settings and Privacy.’
- Click on ‘Your Account,’ and from the subheadings that pop up on the right-hand side of your screen, select ‘ Account Information.’
- Input your Twitter account’s password, and now click on ‘Username.’
- Over here, you can switch your username as per your choice.
- Finally, click ‘save,’ and your username has now been updated.
Keep in mind that if you seem to run into an error, i.e., if the username is taken or if the username does not support certain characters, keep on reading for some tips and tricks to help you deal with these issues.
How to View Private Instagram Profiles? Know by clicking here!
Picking A Username
When picking a new username, keep in mind that it can only be up to 15 characters long. Additionally, since every Twitter handle is unique, the chances of your new username being taken are pretty high. However, if you’re wondering how to change Twitter handle without running into these errors, you can make use of the following points-
- Twitter permits the usage of underscores in your @ handle, so try adding those in between to claim a unique username.
- Twitter handles can only contain alphanumeric characters, with underscores being the only exception, so make sure not to use any other symbols like a dollar sign, hashtag, etc.
- Refrain from adding the words ‘admin’ and ‘Twitter’.
- Keep in mind that Twitter doesn’t as of now allow you to use a username of its inactive accounts, and you can check out their passive account policy for more details on the same.
- Finally, usernames of suspended or deleted accounts take some time to be added back into the pool of available usernames, so you might want to choose another if you’re unwilling to wait.
Keeping these points in mind, you will be able to get a new unique username for your Twitter account in no time.
So here is how to change Twitter handle with ease on both a desktop and mobile phone, along with some tips and tricks to ensure you don’t run into an error when picking a new username. That being said, it is crucial to iterate here that once you update your username, your old username once again becomes available for others to use, so ensure that you’re particular about changing it.