Sometimes, people shared information using boring emails that included only the text format. We also have another service besides social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Undoubtedly, Pinterest is a leading platform for sharing knowledge and providing helpful information. So, knowing how to unhide pins on Pinterest is very paramount.
What if you accidentally hide a pin and want to bring it back? Don’t worry. There’s a simple method to undo the action and unhide the pin. By clicking the “Undo” button, you can easily restore a hidden pin and have it reappear in your feed.
Pinterest is a popular platform for sharing knowledge and discovering ideas through pins. However, users may encounter situations where they must hide certain pins on their Pinterest feed. This guide will walk you through the steps to easily hide/unhide pins on Pinterest, ensuring you have full control over your pinning experience. Also, check out this article on how to find someone on Pinterest.
Table of Contents
What’s the Need to Hide Pins?
Understanding the concept of hiding pins on Pinterest is particularly crucial for users engaged in marketing or blogging. Here’s why:
Curating Home Feed Content:
- To curate the home feed, Pinterest relies on user interactions, such as follows, boards, and brand preferences.
- Hiding pins allows users to customize their feed content, ensuring it aligns with their interests. For marketers and bloggers, users can tailor their feeds to showcase content relevant to their niche or industry.
User Preference Insights:
- For those involved in marketing, understanding what content users are not interested in can inform content strategy.
- It allows marketers to refine their approach and focus on creating content that resonates with their target audience, thereby enhancing engagement.
Applicability to Promoted Pins:
- Users, including those in marketing or blogging, can hide Promoted Pins if they find them irrelevant or too frequent.
- This feature ensures that advertisers receive feedback on the relevance of their promoted content, helping them refine their targeting strategies.
Avoiding Repetitive Content:
- Hiding pins, especially advertising ones, plays a role in preventing the display of repetitive or irrelevant content.
- Users can signal their preferences, guiding Pinterest to avoid showing similar types of content. This is essential for marketers to maintain a positive user experience and prevent ad fatigue among their target audience.
Ensuring Relevance in Advertising:
- User preferences through hidden pins enable marketers to adjust their advertising strategies, ensuring that promoted content aligns with their audience and enhances the overall effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
In summary, the need to hide pins on Pinterest is multifaceted, providing users, especially those involved in marketing or blogging, with the ability to curate, refine, and personalize their content experiences while offering valuable insights to content creators and advertisers.
How to Hide Pins?
Before we move toward how to unhide pins on Pinterest, let’s discuss the steps to hide them. The mobile application of Pinterest is widely used as it is far more convenient than the website.
You can hide the pin by long-pressing it and sliding it to the X symbol. Many users also find it difficult to hide the pins because the hiding icon is beside the save option. Thus there are chances that you might end up hiding a pin accidentally. It develops the need to unhide them as you don’t want to skip important information.
Moreover, users face another problem while using the Pinterest mobile app. For instance, you casually scroll your home feed and look at a post for a few minutes. The next image gets automatically hidden, disallowing you to share the images with your friends.
Thus, the whole group of pins is hidden from your home feed without even viewing once. But unfortunately, you can’t unhide the pin after moving once. The only pins that can be hidden are the Pins placed on the home screen. In case of any specific search, you can’t proceed with hiding or unhiding a pin.
Hiding Pin on Desktop
Firstly, desktop Pinterest is quite different from the mobile version of it. The users can only hide promotional pins for their reference. As already discussed, promoted pins are similar to paid advertisements on Pinterest.
If you want to hide a regular pin, you must dislike the category manually. However, both options do a similar job of hiding the pins from your home screen. The detailed steps for the same are mentioned below:
- First, log in to your Pinterest account on a desktop browser.
- Click the Pinterest icon on the top-left edge of the page.
- Next, click on the icon with three tiny dots near the bottom of the image included in the pin. Also, select the “Hide Pin” option from the various tabs available. Finally, the server will ask you the reason for this selection. It is not compulsory to give the cause, and you can skip this part.
Hiding Pin on Mobile App
On the other hand, the mobile app has a direct feature of hiding an unwanted pin. The users can easily open their mobile and follow the given steps:
1) Start the Pinterest mobile application.
2) Go to your home page and click the pin you want to hide.
Select the “hide” option, which will be enough to hide it from your feed.
How to Unhide Pins on Pinterest
This is where our discussion began on how to unhide a hidden pin on Pinterest. The process of unhiding a pin is comparatively easier than hiding it. Let’s view the process of the same on various platforms.
However, there is not much difference in the desktop or mobile app for unhiding the pins. Thus, we are covering both platforms in a single go.
Steps to Unhide Pinterest Pin
If you have recently hidden a pin on your Pinterest account by mistake, go through the given steps:
- The hidden pin will turn grey to distinguish it from the general pins.
- You can use the “Undo” button to unhide the pins appearing on the overlay section. Therefore, click it to get your hidden pin back.
How to Find Hidden Pins on Pinterest?
Make sure to unhide the pins when you hit the hide button. If the pin vanishes, you won’t be able to retrieve it.
There is no feature for saving the hidden pins in a list for future reference.
Making Pinterest Pins Private
If you wish to intentionally hide your own Pins while retaining the ability to view them, consider making your Pinterest Pins private.
While you can’t hide individual Pins, you can make an entire board private.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Open Pinterest
2. Click on your profile icon and select “saved” to access the existing boards.
3. If using the Pinterest mobile app:
- Open the board and click on the 3 dots in the top right corner
- Select the “Edit board” option
4. If on desktop Pinterest:
- Tap the pencil icon under the board’s cover image in the lower right corner.
5. Slide the Visibility toggle switch to “on” and select “Keep this board secret.” Complete with “Done”.
By making the board private, only you and those who manage your Pinterest account can view the Pins on that particular board.
This provides a privacy option for your Pins while still allowing you to access and manage them as needed.
Some Tips for Managing Your Pinterest Account
Managing your Pinterest account strategically is crucial for marketers and bloggers to maintain a strong online presence and audience engagement. Here are some tips for effective Pinterest management:
Keep your pins organized in relevant boards to avoid accidental hiding. Additionally, dedicate specific boards for different types of content to maintain a neat arrangement.
Assigning a specific pin for each product provides clarity to your audience. This organized approach ensures that your products are showcased effectively, making it easier for potential customers to find and engage with your offerings.
Bloggers can further enhance their presentation by creating curated pins and mood boards. This curation adds aesthetic appeal and helps cohesively present content, contributing to a more visually appealing and engaging profile.
Embrace scheduled pinning to release content during optimal times, ensuring heightened visibility.
This maintains a consistent online presence and strategically schedules pins to prevent overwhelming your followers’ feeds.
It also provides a more enjoyable and digestible experience, maximizing the chances of your pins appearing in your followers’ feeds when they are most active and increasing the likelihood of engagement.
Regularly check your Pinterest analytics to extract invaluable insights into your pin performance. Aim to analyze metrics at least once a week, understanding the nuances of what resonates with your audience.
Leverage this data to fine-tune your content strategy, promoting pins that authentically align with your brand’s narrative.
It can be especially beneficial to figure out which types of posts are doing better and ensure that your audience keeps coming back.
Additionally, bloggers and marketers can provide services to their clients based on these metrics. For example, a video post might do better than a mood board. Using this metric, you can set your prices and give a wider catalog to your client to choose from.
Conduct periodic audits of your Pinterest account, including boards and pins. This means evaluating what’s effective and identifying areas for improvement.
This ensures that every pin serves a purpose, contributing to your overarching marketing or blogging goals.
Assessing the effectiveness of your boards and pins contributes to an optimized user experience.
Synthesizing insights from analytics and audits empowers marketers and bloggers to make informed decisions about their pins, offering several advantages.
Informed decision-making ensures that your pins consistently align with your brand goals.
Whether it’s increasing brand visibility, driving traffic to your blog, or promoting specific products, each pin contributes strategically to your desired outcomes.
As marketers and bloggers, these tailored strategies will streamline your Pinterest management and elevate your content’s effectiveness, fostering increased engagement and brand resonance within the dynamic landscape of digital marketing and blogging.
How do you find hidden pins on Pinterest?
You can go to the pin option and select the Unhide option, and the pins will appear.
What happens when you hide a pin on Pinterest?
If you hide the pins on Pinterest, only you and the people you have invited can view the pins.
How many Pins can you make on Pinterest?
There are several kinds of pins available on Pinterest, including the secret board, so the maximum number of pins you can have is 2,00,000.
How long do pins last on Pinterest?
Pins on Pinterest do not have an expiry date. They last forever till your account is active.
More than 400 million Pinterest accounts are active on the platform (as of 2021). Thus, knowing how to unhide pins on Pinterest, whether hidden accidentally or deliberately, is essential.
We hope this guide answers your query about how to unhide pins on Pinterest, as it covers everything.