When talking about a platform where gamers can meet and chat while playing, the first that comes to mind is Discord. Discord is a platform via which gamers, businesses, friends, etc., can talk, text, send voice notes, and video calls each other. The platform has been specifically tailored to suit the taste of gamers. However, Discord is looking to expand its base. Now, it targets growing businesses, YouTubers, Streamers, and individuals looking to chat with friends.
Utilizing Twitch emotes on Discord is a straightforward process.
- To begin, ensure your Twitch account and Discord are linked. Navigate to “User settings” > “Connections” > “Twitch” > Log in > “Authorize.”
- Afterward, access “Server Settings” within your server, proceed to “Integrations,” choose “Twitch,” and enable the option for “Allow Emoticons.”
With this collaboration, subscribers and emotes automatically get synced with accounts. This can prevent streamers from wasting a ton of time. However, this raises the question, ‘How to add Twitch emotes to Discord?’ well, if that’s why you’re here, then we’ve got you covered!
Table of Contents
How to Use Twitch Emotes on Discord?
It is truly the app to get if you’re new to gaming and seeking to meet new people worldwide. Moreover, many users have been asking how to use Twitch emotes on Discord since its collaboration with Twitch. You can also cross out texts in Discord, along with using emotes and gifs.
To know how to change your Twitch password, click here. If you’re a streamer, you’ve heard and used Twitch. Twitch is a renowned platform on which you can live stream your work. It is mainly designed for gamers but is now expanding to accommodate content creators of other kinds.
Recently, Discord and Twitch have collaborated, making the lives of streamers and users much more accessible. In this article, we have listed many steps via which you may use Twitch emotes in Discord. These steps are undertaken to link your Twitch account and your Discord account.
Link Twitch Account with Discord Account
- Commence by opening up Discord on your desktop or laptop. Ensure that you don’t use any other device for this process.
6. You will be redirected to another page at this point.
Now that this process is complete, you must integrate the emotes into your server. This step only applies to streamers wondering how to use Twitch emotes on Discord. All you have to do is sync your Twitch account to the server on which you’d like to use it. Please remember to hold a Twitch Affiliate or Partner status to perform the following steps.
See Also: Discord Won’t Open? Here’s How to Fix It
Sync Twitch Account
- Commence by going to your discord server
- Go into Settings by clicking upon the server’s title, and select the option Server Settings from the options on your screen.
- Next, select ‘Connections’ and then select Twitch.
- At this stage, check the box titled “Allow Emoticons.”
- Once done, your subscribers will be authorized to use your emoticons.
How to Utilize Emotes of Streamers?
Now, if you’re a subscriber, read on about how you can utilize the emotes of your favorite streamers.
Using Twitch emotes in Discord as a Subscriber.
A prerequisite to utilizing these emotes includes being subscribed to the Twitch channel. Once you’ve subscribed to the Twitch channel, you will instantly get added to the streamer’s discord server.
Using new Twitch emotes for Discord.
Users can also design their own emotes and share emotes with each other. However, if a subscriber wishes to use such emotes, the streamer must allow usage for the same. If you’re a streamer, here is how you can enable such access:
- Commence by going into Server Settings, then go into Roles.
- Scroll down to locate the ‘Use External Emotes’ option and enable it if not enabled.
- This way, your subscribers can also utilize the emotes from other servers.
If you’re a viewer/subscriber and wondering how to add new emotes, here is how:
- Go into Settings, then Emoji.
- Then click on the Upload button.
- Upload the necessary file.
- Once done, you should see the emotes appear in your textbox.
Other Sources to Get Twitch Emotes
Now, it is always beneficial to have your own personalized emotes if you’re getting into streaming. If you wonder how to get Twitch emotes on Discord as a streamer from other sources, you could check out any of the following sites:
The charges depend on what you request as well as the demand for the design. The freelance designer calls for a decent price.
OWN3D Emote Maker
Once you get them, you must send them to the Twitch support team for approval. Once approved, you can enjoy your Twitch!
Visit: OWN3D Emote Maker
Use this emote template to make a custom Discord emoji now! It works for various custom pallets, such as Slack and Twitch.
Can I use my own Twitch emotes on Discord?
Till the account and Twitch are linked together, you can use Twitch emotes on Discord.
How do you copy and paste emotes on Discord?
Copy and paste emotes on Discord or very quickly. You have to select the emojis that you need to copy and open that in a new tab, and you can download it.
Can Twitch emotes get copyrighted?
Twitch can be subject to copyright. They have exclusive access to their trademarks, pictures, and images.
Can I use my own Twitch emotes in other channels?
Twitch can be used in other channels as well by abiding by the guidelines issued by Discord.
So here’s how to use Twitch emotes on Discord. We have tried to cover everything you ought to know about adopting Twitch emotes on Discord. Hence, with this cleared up, you can get creative with emotes for your channel to promote it as well!