When talking about a platform where gamers can meet and chat while playing, the first that comes to mind is Discord. Discord is a platform via which gamers, businesses, friends, etc., can chat, text, send voice notes, and video calls each other. The platform has been specifically tailored to suit the taste of gamers. However, discord is looking to expand its base. Now, it targets growing businesses, YouTubers, Streamers, and individuals just looking to have a chat with their friends. It is truly the app to get if you’re new to gaming and seeking to meet new people from all over the world as well. Moreover, since its collaboration with Twitch, many users have been asking how to use Twitch emotes on discord? You can also cross out texts in discord along with using emotes and gifs. To know how to change twitch password, click here.
Now, if you’re a streamer, then you’ve most definitely heard and used Twitch. Twitch is a renowned platform on which you can live stream what you’re doing. It is mainly designed for gamers but now is expanding to accommodate content creators of other kinds. Recently, discord and Twitch have collaborated, making the lives of both streamers and users much easier. With this collaboration, subscribers and emotes automatically get synced with accounts. This can avoid streamers from wasting a ton of time. However, this raises the question, ‘how to add twitch emotes to discord?’ well, if that’s why you’re here, then we’ve got you covered!
- 1 How to Use Twitch Emotes on Discord?
- 2 How to Utilize Emotes of Streamers?
- 3 Other Sources to Get Twitch Emotes
- 4 Conclusion
How to Use Twitch Emotes on Discord?
In this article, we have listed many steps via which you may use Twitch emotes in discord. These steps are undertaken to link your twitch account and your discord account.
Link Twitch Account with Discord Account
- Commence by opening up discord on your desktop or laptop. Ensure that you don’t use any other device for this process.
- Next, log in to your discord account.
- Next, go into settings. You will see the icon for the same on the bottom of your screen.
- From the options on the left-hand side of your screen, select ‘Integrations.’
- At this point, select Twitch from the list of apps that show up.
- You will redirect to another page at this point.
- Now, input the login credentials of your Twitch account and login. Once done, you have successfully synced both accounts.
Now that this process is complete, you must integrate the emotes into your server. This step is only applicable for streamers wondering how to use Twitch emotes on discord. All you have to do is sync your Twitch account to the server in which you’d like to use it. Please keep in mind that you must hold a Twitch Affiliate or Partner status to perform the next steps.
See Also: Discord Won’t Open? Here’s How to Fix It
Sync Twitch Account
- Commence by going to your discord server
- Go into Settings by clicking upon the server’s title, and from the options on your screen, select the option Server Settings.
- Next, select ‘Connections’ and then select Twitch.
- At this stage, check the box titled “Allow Emoticons.”
- Once done, your subscribers will be authorized to use your emoticons.
How to Utilize Emotes of Streamers?
Now, if you’re a subscriber, read on about how you can utilize the emotes of your favorite streamers.
Using Twitch emotes in Discord as a Subscriber
If you have already synced both accounts, as explained above, you will be able to utilize Twitch emotes. All you must do is enter the discord of the streamer, and you’re ready to emote.
A prerequisite to utilizing these emotes include being subscribed to the twitch channel. Once you’ve subscribed to the Twitch channel, you will instantly get added to the streamer’s discord server.
Using new Twitch emotes for Discord
Users can also design their own emotes and share emotes with each other. However, if a subscriber wishes to use such emotes, the streamer must allow usage for the same. If you’re a streamer, here is how you can enable such access:
- Commence by going into Server Settings, then go into Roles.
- Scroll down to locate the ‘Use External Emotes’ option and enable it if not yet enabled.
- This way, your subscribers can utilize the emotes from other servers as well.
If you’re a viewer/subscriber and wondering how to add new emotes, here is how:
- Go into Settings, then Emoji.
- Then click on the Upload button.
- Upload the necessary file.
- Once done, you should see the emotes appear in your textbox.
Other Sources to Get Twitch Emotes
Now, it is always beneficial to have your own personalized emotes if you’re just getting into streaming. If you wonder how to get Twitch emotes on discord as a streamer from other sources, you could check out any of the following sites:
Fiverr is essentially a freelance website where you can hire a designer to design personalized emoticons for you.
The charges depend on what you request as well as the demand for the design. The freelance designer calls for a decent price.
OWN3D Emote Maker
This is a website via which you can customize emotes as per your liking. You eventually only compensate for the emotes you require.
Once you get them, you will be have to send them to the Twitch support team for their approval. Once approved, you can enjoy your Twitch!
Visit: OWN3D Emote Maker
This platform holds pre-designed emoticons that are ready for purchase. The only issue with these emotes is that they’ll probably be used by other channels as well.
Use this emote template to make a custom Discord emoji now! It works for various cutom pallets, such as Slack and Twitch etc.
So here’s how to use Twitch emotes on discord. We have tried to cover everything you ought to know about adopting Twitch emotes on discord. Hence, with this cleared up, you can get creative with emotes for your very own channel to promote it as well!