According to the latest statistics, every fourth person in the United States uses a virtual private network daily. Some people want to overcome censorship and keep their data private, while others wish to improve their streaming experience. In this article, we will learn about how to use VPN in mobile, whether it’s android or iPhone. But before that, let’s learn why it is essential to know how to use VPN in mobile.
The first version of VPN was created back in 1995 by an ordinary Microsoft employee who wanted to secure his connection when browsing the Internet. Later on, the use of VPNs increased in international corporations that wanted to protect their data from hackers. Once the world turned upside down, and everything became digital, the demand for virtual private networks increased.
These days, you can encrypt your internet traffic on your mobile phone as well. Check this complete guide to learn how to use VPN in Mobile devices.
- 1 Why Do You Need a VPN on Your Phone?
- 2 Benefits of Learning How to Use VPN in Mobile
- 3 How to Use VPN in Mobile [Android & iPhone]
- 4 The bottom line
Why Do You Need a VPN on Your Phone?
You use your phone more often than you use your laptop. With your phone only, you can do whatever you want – meet new people, watch movies, play games, work on serious projects, receive up-to-date news, etc. The list of things you can do with your phone is just endless. No wonder so many people can’t spend an hour without it.
VPN can help you to encrypt your information whenever you use a public WiFi network in the coffee shop. It is the only way you can protect your data ( such as private messages, browsing history, login messages, credit card information, IP address) from unwanted attention from third parties.
The next section of the guide will help you understand the benefits of learning how to use VPN in mobile.
Benefits of Learning How to Use VPN in Mobile
The following are a few steps you need to follow for learning how to use VPN in mobile. The steps are easy, so without any further delay, let’s have a look at them.
Access exciting content
Some of the content on BBC, Netflix, and Youtube are available only to the population of individual countries. So, you will not always have access to your favorite TV shows when traveling abroad. In this situation, a secure VPN on your phone will come in handy.
For example, if you travel to Europe, you will have a chance to watch any streaming video after selecting a US server.
Access corporate, private files
Sometimes it is more convenient to use your phone when working remotely. However, whenever you need to send confidential documents like Google Docs, presentation, or worksheet, it’s essential to have a secure connection. That’s why it is advisable to open a company’s drive only with the use of a VPN. It will help you send your documents without any leaks.
Prevent ransomware attack
Unfortunately, the ransomware business model is quite popular these days. Hackers can steal your data and lock your phone while demanding a payment in Bitcoin or any other virtual currencies. To protect yourself from ransomware attacks, it is important to learn how to use VPN in mobile as it will create an encrypted tunnel between every remote server and your mobile phone.
Use multiple Internet connections
If you need more bandwidth for uninterrupted business calls or live video streaming, get a VPN to use multiple Internet connections. According to Security Gladiators, a quality virtual private network can also allow you to run a live broadcast on Twitch, Facebook, and Youtube without interruptions.
How to Use VPN in Mobile [Android & iPhone]
The following are a few steps that will help you to learn how to use VPN in mobile, android and iPhone.
Android VPN Set Up
The setup procedure for all VPNs is more or less the same. In case you have an Android, make sure to sign up through the website since it will be easier to compare offered payment plans. The price of a virtual private network can vary between $5 and $13. You can also find some VPNs for free, but they might not be as secure as paid ones.
- After subscribing online, download an app from the Play Store and sign in with your account. At some point, you will need to read and agree to terms and conditions. Once you reach the main screen, find a button that says ‘enable VPN protection.’
- Later on, you can use your mobile phone the same way you did before. Whenever your phone connects to the VPN, you will see a little app symbol in the status bar.
- Also, you will have a chance to choose a different location and change your server at any point. Keep in mind that your connection might be ceased for a few minutes once you switch servers—open settings in the app to find more options offered by your subscription plan.
iPhone VPN Set Up
The process to learn how to use VPN on the iPhone is also pretty straightforward. Please check all the offers first and sign up for a plan on the official website. After making the payment, you should download and fire up the iOS app. Your chosen VPN app will guide you through the process.
- Once you sign in with your account, it will connect you to the local server. At any point, you can choose your location and pick a different server. To do that, find a full country list in your app. Most probably, you will be able to add your favorite locations to the list as well.
- Whenever you connect to the virtual private network, you will see a different status in the iPhone bar. Keep in mind that VPN will be running until you disable it.
- To return to normal browsing, find the ‘disconnect’ button.
As you can see, it is very essential to learn how to use VPN in mobile. It can help you prevent possible ransomware attacks, secure your data, and access restricted content wherever you are.
Although there are a lot of VPNs apps available, choosing the one is not as difficult as you might think. Before you sign up for a plan, figure out what your primary needs are. It is essential to find a VPN with a user-friendly interface and excellent customer service.
Your ideal VPN app should include a money-back guarantee so that you will not get stuck with a product that you don’t use. Also, check how many devices you will be able to connect to the app at the same time.