The Best VPN for PS4 allows you to play games over the Internet. As every PlayStation user knows, sometimes you need to use a VPN on your PS4 for many reasons.
You can Play PS4 on Windows to unlock PS4 online gaming, media streaming, region-blocked content, or to add an extra layer of privacy and security from your ISP or other unwanted individuals. This is why we’ve put together this simple guide about how to set up a VPN on your PS4 — it’s easy, and it works!
What Is VPN?
See also: What is Split tunneling VPN
A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, is a service that encrypts your internet connection and allows you to appear in a different location. This will enable you to bypass geo-blocks and access content that would typically be restricted based on your location.
Benefits Of Using A VPN With PS4
The basic concepts of VPN apply to the game console and the web or to watching videos on a smartphone or computer.
A gaming VPN is a service that lets you open up your PS4 to the global network with an IP address from another country. It does so by hiding your actual IP address from other players and also from the game server, making sure that all of your in-game data remains secure at all times.
If you own a PlayStation 4, you may want to buy or play games that are usually not available in your country. However, if you go to an online store through your standard ISP, you may not be able to do it.
By installing a VPN on PS4, you can redirect your internet traffic through another location and give the impression that you are in a different country (the country where the game is available) and precisely what you want.
You can use a VPN when playing online games to prevent DDoS attacks. A VPN will mask your IP address, which can help protect your system from hackers trying to perform a DDoS attack. If you are concerned about government surveillance or simply don’t like others knowing what you do on the Internet, a VPN is an excellent way to maintain privacy.
Using a good VPN can speed up your internet connection and prevent your service provider from restricting your internet connection. But again, using the wrong VPN can slow your game down.
After all, a VPN gives you more privacy when gaming. Internet traffic routes you through another server so people around you cannot overhear what you broadcast. Even if you have nothing to hide, accessing your Internet is scary, and using a VPN, even if it’s on your PlayStation 4, is a wise tech option.
How To Use A VPN On PS4
Suppose you’re using your computer to connect to the PlayStation Network. In that case, you might be able to improve the speed of your connection by connecting through a VPN on a more robust connection such as a personal computer or Mac.
Here’s how to go about it.
- Find, install, and configure your VPN on your computer. Many options work in different ways (including browser extensions), but much of the process involves installing and configuring the VPN software on your computer.
- You need to connect your PlayStation 4 to the computer that the VPN is installed on to use the computer as your VPN pass, which requires an ethernet cable. Once the devices are connected, you can instruct the software to connect your PS4 to the Internet.
- Change the VPN connection settings. Open the Control Panel in Windows or, after installing the VPN, right-click the Internet access icon in the system.
- In any case, go to the network and internet settings.
- From there, select Change adapter options.
- This will open a new window with a list of all of your network connections. Find your VPN and right-click on it to bring up the menu.
- Select the Properties option to open a new menu window with five tabs on top.
- Select “Share” and check the box “Allow network users to connect using my computer’s Internet connection.”
- You will also see a drop-down menu to choose the connection you want to use on your computer for VPN sharing. Select the port for your ethernet adapter if you are using a laptop.
- After your computer and VPN have allowed other devices to connect to it, you are ready to connect your PS4 to the Internet. Navigate the top row of icons and find the Settings menu on the right – it looks like a toolbox.
- Go to the Settings menu, choose Network Settings, and set up an internet connection.
- You can use the LAN cable (instead of the Wi-Fi connection).
- Finally, choose Easy Setup, which will ask the PS4 to look for a connection by itself.
If you choose the easy setup and don’t select the correct connection in the VPN sharing settings, you will have problems. On the other hand, if you check the VPN settings and everything is right, select Easy Setup; most likely, the PS4 will automatically detect everything and eliminate the need for a request.
After you’ve done all of this, it’s time to test your internet connection and make changes to your PS4 settings. Ideally, you should be able to use your VPN to run the game on this console right away.
Hackers are constantly infiltrating it and finding new ways to invade your privacy and steal your sensitive information. The best way to protect yourself from such intrusions is to use a Virtual Private Network.
Using a VPN on PS4 is the simplest way to protect your online privacy and access geo-restricted content. It will also help you avoid the company trying to monitor your gaming habits and all related activities. We hope that this article has helped and that you can now enjoy playing games while remaining anonymous!