Having a flash drive or an external hard drive is useful and extremely handy and, god knows, how many times you have thanked the supreme force for this little invention. But, like everything, it has the power to go all Satan and become your worst enemy or the thing that you hate the most within seconds after it betrays you and how!! For some unimaginable reason, and try as hard as you might to think of what you did wrong and how you mistreated that little device, one beautiful day, you discover that the files on your flash drive (or even an external hard drive for that matter) have just disappeared. Literally, through no fault of yours. Suddenly, it’s like they never existed. Now, how could that happen? The easiest and the most logical consolation you provide yourself is that some virus crept its way into the flash drive. You must know how to Recover Deleted Files From Flash Drive. If not this, then something turned corrupt in the flash drive, resulting in the loss of the files.
That’s entirely common and usual to happen, ironically. It’s certainly not the end of the world, because we’re here to help you through the procedure of recovering deleted files from the flash drive.
Why to Recover Deleted Files From Flash Drive?
A simple press on the “Delete” button of the keyboard sends the file to the Recycle Bin. Another press on the button and that permanently “deletes” the file. Only, it doesn’t. Well, kind of. That’s because, even though the access to the file is removed. Giving the impression that the file has been “permanently deleted”. What actually happens is something else. The data making up the file still exists in the computer memory, which continues to be there, unless overwritten by another file.
It is virtually anybody’s guess as to which other files overwrite parts of the file in question and which aren’t. What that means is that a part of a file could be overwritten the next instant. Or they could be overwritten in the years to come. So, a recovery software basically does the job of stitching back together these parts of the file which haven’t been overwritten. And whatever is salvaged is given back to the user.
How to Recover Deleted Files From Flash Drive [Full Guide]
So, now that we know the concept of recovering files after deletion, here are some means to get back our deleted files:
- Open the tutorial on how to recover files from USB on any of the web browsers on your computer (Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox/Safari/Internet Explorer/Opera).
- As you scroll down further, the web page hosts the link to download the Recoverit software to recover deleted files from flash drive.
- Download the suitable version of the software for your PC and install it.
- Follow the steps in the order as listed out there to help you recover deleted files from flash drive. The steps are self-explanatory.
- These steps are then followed by another duplicate link to download the Recoverit software to recover deleted files from flash drive.
- What then follows is some education on the most common problems faced by owners of flash drives and tips on how to keep your flash drive safe.
- At the end of it all, you will again find a duplicate link for downloading Recoverit, the software to recover deleted files from flash drive.
- Pressing Windows+R keys combination invokes the Run dialog box.
- Type CMD in the tab and hit Enter.
- In the command prompt, type the command ATTRIB –H –R –S /S /D /F:*.* where F is the letter which represents the flash drive in your computer.
- If executed successfully, all your deleted files will be found in a new folder created within your flash drive.
Previous Versions in Windows Explorer
This is another simple method to Recover Deleted Files From Flash Drive instantly.
- Right click on the folder that used to contain the files that have now been deleted and click on Restore Previous Versions.
- You will be notified if there are any previous versions of the files. And if they are, they will be displayed.
- Choose the one entirely suited to you and click on the Restore button.
- Be sure to change the System Protection Settings under System inside Control Panel.
- The drives available on the computer along with their corresponding protection is shown.
- Select on one, click on Configure and then click on Restore System Settings and previous versions of the files. Say Ok.
This is a pre-emptive measure you could take to ensure that you never have to face the trauma to Recover Deleted Files From Flash Drive. Basically, this could ease up your data recovery phase hugely, if this is done when your flash drive is healthy. You can always get a fix if your usb is not recognized. What this means is that the Internet offers you a wide range of data backing-up software. Which you can download and install on your computer.
When your flash drive is in the pink of its health, run the back-up software and create a back-up of the data which your flash drive contains. This back-up file is saved inside the flash drive itself. Try not to put this off, just because the flash drive seems to be working excellently right now. When one fine day it does betray you, you run the risk of finding yourself repenting. Anyway, these back-files can be later accessed for recovering deleted files from flash drive.
So, these are some of the methods one can resort to recover deleted files from flash drives. It is true that whether or not the deleted files are successfully recovered from the flash drive is anybody’s guess. But there are means to achieve the successful end.
This combined with awareness on the topic and some pre-emptive maintenance could very well keep the disaster at bay. And you may not find yourself in the predicament of recovering deleted files from flash drive ever. Fingers crossed!!!