The first point ponder upon is what is the terms AdChoices, is it the combination of two words Ad (Advertisement) and Choice(Preference) or something other than that. The answer is AdChoices. It is different than the combination of two words. Adchoices is a program (it is not a kind of malware or any virus) which automatically get introduced into your Android devices. Thus, you must know how to Remove AdChoices from Android right away.
When you access the websites in the same way as any other hazardous program (virus, malware) get introduced in the device. But it is not as much harm as the two of programs as mentioned earlier. Adchoices tracks your search history and starts showing ads on the same basis which may be non-skippable videos, suggestions, etc.
Now the problem to Remove AdChoices comes in to play when these ads or suggestions start to hover around the screen frequently consuming our browsing time and distracting from the purpose. An example can be quoted here suppose we have visited GeeksForGeeks for reading something related to data structures and there comes an advertisement for a shopping website you have visited in the last 24 hours. Thus AdChoices removal is a must. It will distract you and the chances of getting distracted get increased if you are a girl.
How to Remove AdChoices Easily?
So, here is the need to remove the Ads which are because of AdChoices. What can be the possible steps let’s see:
Method 1: Using Google Account
- First Login to your Google Account, go to ads settings.
- Go to Ad personalization and Turn off Ads personalization in the popped up window.
- Now, scroll down up to the bottom and click on Opt Out of More Ads.
- You will land upon official AdChoices window. It scans your system first.
- Then, click Continue.
- From a list of companies under AdChoices, you can select which ones you want running.
Method 2: Remove AdChoices from Browser
Another way to Remove AdChoices is to Reset the browser, steps to do the same are:
- Click the three dots menu on Chrome. Select Settings.
- Scroll down click Advanced. Scroll down again and click Reset.
- Click on Reset in the prompt.
Through App list also you can change the setting: Tap the browser you’re getting the ads on and clear data there.
Method 3: Using Anti Malware Applications
One more way to Remove AdChoices, is a need to go with a third-party browser. The mobile variant of Chrome for Android currently does not operate with any plugins as the desktop version do. However, alternative browsers like Firefox and Samsung have adopted the same.
Why AdChoices are Still Visible
But in bold words we can’t be 100 percent sure that ads will block by using the extensions and third-party apps. And by any of the above methods due to the following reasons:
- The signing up for the above procedure lands up we all with nothing but sharing our browsing history.
- The history is the primary source of advertisement we see all over.
- Google supports the ad until they aren’t violating the policies.
- By that Google and the site displaying those ads earn some revenue.
- Hence, we give the data they make money out of it.
Google Chrome doesn’t allow any third party app but employs its own extensions to block any violating or harsh ads.
This article deals with the options to Remove AdChoices as much as possible, but as stated above it’s not entirely possible to remove the ads.
See also: Remove DNS Unlocker