MPC Cleaner, short for More Powerful Cleaner is an application which, according to its description, is meant to speed up your PC and improve the internet experience. However, according to a majority of the internet audience, it does just the opposite.
It slows down your PC and even worse, gets installed on a system without the authorization from the user. This software is commonly installed with the other free software, unintentionally from an ad or automatically as malware.
The removal process can be easy or tedious depending on how much this tool has infected the system.
4 Methods to Remove MPC Cleaner
Follow all the methods given in the guide below in order to remove MPC cleaner from your system:
- Open Control Panel.
- To open Control Panel, press the WINKEY + S key combination.
- In the search box that appears, type control panel and hit enter.
- After that, Control Panel window that opens, select Uninstall a program under the Programs heading.
- In the list that appears, look for MPC cleaner. If you cannot find the name MPC cleaner in the list, you cannot remove MPC cleaner using this method. Skip to the next method.
- Double click on the MPC cleaner entry to open the uninstaller. Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully remover MPC cleaner from your system.
- Restart your computer.
Using an uninstaller app like Revo Uninstaller. You can try third party apps to try and remove MPC cleaner from your PC. For this, you will first need to download the app from here.
- Install the application by running as an admin and following the on-screen instructions.
- Launch the app and find MPC cleaner on the list. If you cannot find the app here, it means that the app has hidden from the system. Skip to the next method.
- Select MPC cleaner from the list and select uninstall. Follow the on-screen instruction to delete MPC cleaner.
- Restart your PC and check for any residual files in the MPC cleaner installation directory. Manually remove any such files by moving them to recycle bin.
If the above method did not work, it means that the MPC cleaner is trying to hide from getting removed. To follow this method, make sure you are logged in as the administrator.
- Open the directory where the MPC cleaner is installed. If you do not know the installation directory, open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination. In the list under Processes tab, find MPC and right click on it. Click on the Open file location option.
- In the explorer window, go back till you reach the root folder where the MPC cleaner is present.
- Select the folder and right click.
- Select delete and select Yes on any prompts that may pop up. Try terminating any processes with MPC in their names inside Task Manager and try again if any errors pop up.
- Restart your PC.
If Windows displays errors saying you cannot remove the folder due to lower privileges, you can’t remove MPC cleaner using this method. Try the next method in such a case.
If all the above methods fail, it means that the malware is embedded pretty deep into the system. To follow this method ultimately, you will need to boot into Safe Mode on your PC. What Safe Mode stops any third party applications to run to fix any apps that might be causing system instability in the normal mode.
- Once in Safe Mode, open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination.
- Try finding any processes with MPC in the name and terminate them forcefully by selecting the process and clicking on End Task button in the right hand lower corner of the Task Manager window.
- Go to the installation directory of MPC cleaner using the steps given in the above method.
- Select the folder and delete it. You should be successfully able to remove MPC cleaner files now.
- Restart your in normal mode and see if you can find any processes with MPC in it in the Task Manager.
If you still aren’t able to remove the MPC folder, it means that the malware has infected the system files as well. You might need some professional’s help to change the registry values to be able to modify these files without getting any errors.
To solve this, you can try using an antivirus like Malwarebytes or Avast! And running a full system-wide scan. If even that doesn’t solve the problem, the only method left is to reinstall windows after making a backup of all the necessary files.
Once you are successfully able to remove MPC cleaner from your system, make sure that you install a good antivirus like avast! or Malwarebytes to delete any infected files.
This will prevent recurrence of any such problems and protect you from other malware. Also, keep the virus definitions updated at all times. Pay attention while clicking on external links and downloading files onto your system.
Also, while installing downloaded software, make sure that you read everything before clicking Next as you might be permitting to install unwanted software.