Reimage Repair is one of the most annoying redirection that your browser will face. If you see a webpage claiming that you need to download software to clean your Windows system, and the website is reimage plus, you are probably experiencing this irritating adware that has sneaked into your computer.
Usually, you will have to battle this adware when you download and install software from unknown sources. Such software will conveniently omit to mention that there are going to be adware installed along with your desired unlicensed software.
You probably have this adware if your browser is continuously taken to the reimage repair webpage, without any clicks on your part. You will see a page that will list “threats” on your computer (that often turn out to be harmless) and that you need to update your PC immediately.
The adware will try to seem credible and essential, saying that it has been designed for specific Windows systems and you can download it under a simple minute. It will coax you to download and will say that the adware is compatible with your operating system.
The truth about this adware is that the maker of the ad can get premium one for every click and download, making it an endless stream of pop-ups that just don’t go away.
The adware will endlessly ask you to install browsers or browser toolbar, error eliminating software, and will cause chaos to your system in the form of advertising banners, fake updates, and unnecessary hyperlinks in the regular text- the cycle never stops.
If you want your system to be rid of this malicious adware, you can download specific applications. This software complements the actions of an antivirus program and does not interfere with the actions of those programs.
3 Methods to Remove Reimage Repair Pop-up Ads
Using Malwarebytes Scanner
- Download the Malwarebytes software online. You must keep in mind that it will not get in the way of your usual antivirus program. It is a handy tool when it comes to identifying malicious software or adware, especially ones like Reimage Repair.
- Once you have downloaded the Malwarebytes threat scanner, you must set it up using the Malwarebytes Setup Wizard. Click Next and Finish wherever appropriate.
- You will appreciate the software’s quick action, as it is ready to go. You must note that the Malwarebytes premium trial ends in a little less than two weeks, after which you will be asked to pay for a premium license. The trial shows you the various forms of protection, Scan status and protection history. Also, you must click on Scan Now to begin the process of eliminating malware.
- After a while, the software will finish detecting all harmful files. Malwarebytes will list out the definite malware as well as the potentially unwanted programs in your system. Usually, the potentially unwanted programs could also be containing the Reimage repair adware. After making sure you’re not losing any necessary files, you must click on the option that says “Quarantined Selected” at the bottom.
- The Malwarebytes program will get rid of your annoying adware. After the program executes the quarantine, you must exit and restart your computer.
Using Zemana AntiMalware Portable Software
- You can download Zemana AntiMalware Portable from an online source, as it is a free malware scanner.
- Once you download the software, you must install it and set it up. You must allow the software to make changes to your device.
- Once you have let Zemana AntiMalware run on your system, you will see a display showing you the License, Last Scan and Last Update Check. You must click on the button named Scan to proceed with the malware detection.
- Zemana AntiMalware Portable will take about ten minutes to scan your computer for all undesirable programs, including the unpleasant Reimage Repair adware. After scanning, you will see a list of all the malicious files in your system. You must click on Next to eliminate all the threats at once.
- Similarly, Zemana AntiMalware Portable completes the task, you are free to exit the software and continue. If you feel that our system is still under threat of adware. Also, you could try to restart the computer right after exiting the software.
By Resetting Google Chrome Settings
If the Reimage Repair adware has gone as far as to modify your browser settings, you will have to reset those settings. Rest assured, you will not lose your saved passwords and favorites.
- You must click on your browser icon. You must proceed to choose More or three vertical dots, and then you must select Settings.
- From settings, you must scroll to the bottom and click on “Show advanced settings…” Next, you can select Reset settings and finally click on Reset.
- Also, you can reset the browser settings by finding the Advanced settings tab and clicking on Reset. In Mozilla Firefox, you will have to seek out a Troubleshooting Information option under the Help menu. From there, you must click on Refresh Firefox and wait for your browser to return to the original settings. Finally, you may click on Finish.
These are the methods by which you can get rid of Reimage Repair. You should not have to put up with adware that affects your system productivity and browsing experience.
If a malware scanning software offers a limited period free trial, you must remember to uninstall the software after the trial is done.