The technology world has given us lot of improvements in our life style. One of digital platform is the smartphones. We can count the number of people not using smartphones. Among the smartphones, Android plays the major role within mobile users as it is more users friendly. If you wish to install any third party application or any custom recovery image, then your device requires root access. This article will offer you the complete guide to Root HTC One M8.
Just following the below steps you can root your device in order to add more apps in your device.
Things to Do Before You Root HTC One M8
To avoid any damage to your mobile check out the battery before rooting, while rooting the device minimum 70% charge should be present.
- In order to root HTC One M8, enable USB debugging on your device. Go to settings and select “About” to enable Developer option.
- Next, enter into developer option to enable the USB debugging.
- Save all the files in the mobile by performing a complete backup.
- Rooting the device will not wipe out all your data and media, but keep safe all your files in the backup.
- Install custom recovery before rooting.
Complete Guide to Root HTC One M8
Before rooting lets first, unlock the bootloader in HTC One M8 to erase everything in the device.
Steps are given below to perform unlocking and rooting:
- Go to settings and find the power option and see whether the Fast Boot is checked Off.
- Then hold On the volume up and down button along with the power button nearly for 3 minutes till you see the bootloader menu on the screen. And then hit the power button once to return to FASTBOOT mode.
- Next, connect your HTC One M8 with the computer and download fastboot.zip and unzip the file. Now you will find the fastboot in your download folder.
- Then visit the site CWM/TWRP recoveries section of HTCOneRoot.com to download the exact CWM or TWRP recovery for your HTC One M8 model.
- Next copy and paste the CWM or TWRP image in the fastboot folder in .img format.
- Then open Device Manager in your system and find My HTC or Android ADB option and click on it. If you don’t find it, then install HTC drivers and then return to this step. This step can be avoided if you are Linux or Mac users.
- Then begin the Command Prompt or terminal in your system then type the following code:
If you are Windows user type: fastboot oem get_identifier_token
For Mac users type: ./fastboot-mac oem get_identifer_token
For Linux users: sudo ./fastboot-Linux oem get_identifier_token
- Then copy the identifier token to your clipboard.
- Next, visit HTCDev.com and then choose Unlock Bootloader option and click on Get started button.
- Then, choose “HTC One M8” and then click on the “Begin Unlock Bootloader.” If you are trying this site for the first time, then register on the site.
- After that, agree to the terms and conditions and click on the “Proceed to Unlock Instructions” and then scroll down through the page and click on the Proceed to step 5 button.
- Then, paste the copied identifier token in the My Device Identifier Token box.
Also See : 10 Ways to Fix PS4 Won’t Turn On Error
Completing these steps, you will get the email in order to confirm the unlocking of Bootloader.
- You will receive the Unlock code file from the HTC in your email. Download the file and keep it in the Fastboot folder.
- Next type the following code in the Command Prompt/ Terminal
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin – For Windows
./fastboot-mac flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin – For Mac
sudo ./fastboot-linux flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin – For Linux
- Next in your HTC One M8 mobile screen you will see the Unlock Bootloader option and in that click on the Yes button using the power button.
Within a couple of seconds, your device will be rebooted. Then sign in to your HTC One M8.
- Then again Go to Settings -> Power and turn Off the Fastboot mode.
- Download SuperSU zip file and copy it to the mobile by connecting it to the computer.
- Then reboot the device in fastboot mode.
- Next, type the given in the Command Prompt
fastboot flash recovery PutImageFileHere.img (PutImageFileHere.img this is image file which you downloaded earlier).
- Then type fastboot erase cache.
- Next, select on HBOOT option in your mobile screen using the Power button
- Then choose recovery button for recovering your old files.
- Now you will be directed to CWM or TWRP recovery. Then choose Install option and search for the SuperSU zip file and install it.
- After rebooting, you can find the SuperSU app in your applications.
Yeah you have finished rooting your HTC One M8!
Also read about how to Root Samsung Galaxy S6. Click here!
Even the steps are numerous if you wish to root HTC One M8 safely, you’ll have to follow the above steps. The above step also includes recovering the media available in your device. Now, you don’t need to spend extra hours to root your device without any problems.