So, this one’s about RAID data, where it is used and what its vulnerabilities are. We already know where there is data, there is the scare of data loss or data corruption. To counter it, we have RAID data recovery software. A good one is the Stellar Data Recovery Technician. But before we dive deep into Stellar RAID data recovery technician, what it does and its review, let’s examine what RAID data is all about.
RAID, the acronym for Redundant Array of Independent (or Inexpensive) Disks, is a technology for data storage virtualization. RAID technology combines multiple physical disk drive components into one or more logical units for the purposes of data redundancy and enhanced performance. What’s storage virtualization? What’s data redundancy? Let’s explore each of them before we begin to understand Stellar RAID data recovery software.
Data redundancy, as the name hints, is the data which exists in addition to the primary actual data. This additional data could be simply a copy of the actual data or only select pieces of data that allow for the detection of errors and reconstruction of lost or damaged data. This so-called-repetition of data ensures and allows room for correction of errors in stored or transmitted data.
- 1 About RAID Recovery Software
- 2 Features of Stellar Data Recovery Technician
- 3 Easy Working Steps of Stellar Data Recovery Technician
- 4 Why choose Stellar Data Recovery Technician?
- 5 Conclusion
About RAID Recovery Software
Evidently, these multiple copies of the original data would require space for storage of these disks and an excellent RAID recovery software. In spite of taking so many precautions, you may still have an accident and lose some data. For such extreme situations, having a good RAID recovery software such as Stellar Data Recovery Software is imperative. Storage virtualization is the means of providing a logical view of physical storage resources. That is, treating all the storage media relevant to the host computer as one and keeping it in a visible manner.
Another concept in relation to RAID data recovery is that of RAID levels. Initially 5, they have now evolved into more schemes. RAID levels are basically various schemes of data organizing and duplication. The objective of all these levels is the same, whatever be their design of functioning, which is to ensure data redundancy. Factors affecting the decision regarding which RAID level to use are the purpose of the server or host computer, data traffic that it will deal with every day and the monetary allowance of the owner of the host computer.
Features of Stellar Data Recovery Technician
You might have been able to imagine by now that RAID is a technology which makes sense to be used in settings which warrant data integrity, credibility, retrieval rate of the highest capacity. Yes, that’s right. RAID technology is used in server technology where data processing per unit time and data storage is massive. Now, that we have a fair grip on all the concepts involved, let’s get to the task of reviewing the features of Stellar Data Recovery Technician.
RAID 0, RAID 5, RAID 6 Data Recovery
This feature concerns itself with RAID levels. As explained earlier, RAID levels are schemes of data redundancy. RAID 0 consists of striping, but no mirroring and no parity. RAID 5 consists of block-level striping and distributed parity and RAID 6 consists of block-level striping and double distributed parity. Striping is fragmenting logically sequenced data, which means that consecutive fragments are stored on different storage devices.
Mirroring refers to the duplication of the original data in real-time. Stellar data Recovery Technician provides the “Advanced RAID Recovery” which helps in the recovering data from logically corrupt or inaccessible RAID 0, 5, 6 servers.
Preview of Recovered RAID data
Stellar Data Recovery Technician provides you a preview of the files recovered from the damaged drive. It is extremely efficient and useful as, based on the preview of the file, we can decide whether or not to recover that file.
When it comes to server data retrieval and recovery, we cannot afford to waste resources on recovering large amounts of data, only to realize later that those data were not required after all. This feature saves resources at the very least.
Recovery from Storage Drive that has Bad Sectors
Stellar Data Recovery Technician creates an image of the hard drive which has the bad sectors and then it performs the data recovery procedure on the image. Recovering data from an image is, hence, much faster and definitely safer, lest the drive itself crash during the recovery. The user also has the option to save the image scan of the drive for recovery operations later.
Stellar Data Recovery Technician promises recovery of RAID data from hard disks with 2TB or more storage capacity from all kinds of lost or deleted partitions like FAT, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT an NTFS.
Performs Deep Scan
The Deep Scan utility of Stellar Data Recovery Technician provides the user the option to scan the damaged drive in a more comprehensive manner to get that particular file which was overlooked during a quick scan. It can also be in use to locate a lost partition in the drive.
Lost Partition Recovery
Stellar data Recovery Technician offers the user the feature of “Can’t find Drive”, which can be used to recover RAID data from a lost partition.
Optical Media Recovery
With a powerful built-in feature of recovering media on damaged optical drives like CD, DVD or Blu-ray discs, etc., Stellar Data Recovery Technician has an added advantage over its competition. It can easily retrieve data from Multi-session discs, bootable discs, and Mixed Mode discs, etc. The software works smoothly on all Windows versions.
Repair Corrupt Media
Stellar data Recovery Technician very easily fixes and repairs all the corrupt media on your storage device. This software can repair all formats like JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and even RAW camera image files. The powerful feature of the software also helps in repairing all formats, even in severely damaged 4K ultra HD video files, like AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, DIVX, MPEG, etc.
Support and Compatibility
Stellar Data Recovery Technician is compatible with Windows 10, 7, 8, Vista and also XP. It also works well on Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003.
Easy Working Steps of Stellar Data Recovery Technician
Do bear in mind before proceeding forward that you need to activate your software copy. Before you are able to avail the features Stellar Data Recovery Technician has to offer you. Here are the steps listed out which may help you find your way through using Stellar Data Recovery Technician in a manner which is best to your requirements:
Installing the Stellar Data Recovery Technician
The first task to be accomplished before anything else is to download the .exe file of Stellar Data Recovery Technician and install it on your PC. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to website in your web browser, and you will find a green button “Free Download 100% Secure”.
- Click on it and wait for it to download the .exe file to your system. It should take no more than 5-10 minutes, even at the slowest download speeds.
- Proceed to the Downloads folder and double-click on the .exe file to “Run” the application.
- Follow the steps which follow and shall soon have Stellar Data Recovery Technician software installed on your PC.
Using Stellar Data Recovery Technician
Double-click on the shortcut icon created on the desktop during the installation the procedure of the software. The home screen of the software Stellar Data Recovery Technician shows four buttons, each of which has been described below:
Clicking on the “Recover Data” on the home screen of Stellar Data Recovery Technician helps us to recover all lost or deleted data from any drive or from any specific folder within a drive.
- Clicking on “Recover Data” takes you on to the next screen where you are required to select the type of files that you wish to recover. Example of the kinds of files is documents like Word, Excel, etc. The type of files could also be multimedia like photos or videos or audios. Yet a different kind of files is emails like MS Outlook files. It is completely fine if you check all the box next to all the options.
- Choose the one(s) which you want to recover and click on “Next”.
- The screen which follows asks you to specify the location from where the files need to be recovered. You could choose any local drive, like C, etc. Under commonly selected locations, you will find Desktop, Documents, etc. If the location under question is entirely somewhere other than the ones mentioned above, you may choose to specify that by clicking on “Choose Location” under Common locations and choose the location from Windows Explorer. Additionally, you also have the option of recovering a lost partition in any of the local drives on your computer. Finally, if you’re recovering RAID data, you are required to click on “RAID Recovery”.
- Then click on “Scan”.
- On the next screen, after some taking time to scan the location for lost and deleted files. It bestows you with a list of all the files and folders that it has found and can recover. Under the condition that you’re not able to find the file(s) that you want to recover. You may choose to do a “Deep Scan”. The option is available at the bottom of the screen.
- Again, it will take probably more time to do a deep scan and will show you files that it can recover for you in the location you specified. There is a preview pane on the upper half of the screen which enables you to see a preview of the files in the list. This aids you in determining the exact file which you need to be recovered. Click on all the files that you want and click on “Recover”.
The “Monitor Drive” button is clicked on when we want to know the health (or the lack of it) of any specific drive or disk.
- Clicking on “Monitor Drive” takes you on to the next screen where the status of your hard disks is in display.
- Clicking on the “Disk Status” gives you the temperature at which the hard disk has been worked up to so far. Along with it, the performance and the health of the hard drive are also shown.
- Clicking on “Smart Status”, right below Disk Status gives you the status of the hard disk in a more detailed format. It gives you details and values of attributes like throughput performance, spin-up time, and many many more.
- The option “Disk Partition”, under Smart Status, allows us to see all the partitions that have been made in our hard disk. It also shows the memory of each drive and the free memory available to us in each drive.
- “Scan Disk” is available under Disk Partition and can be used to scan the hard disk for any virus or corrupt sectors. The report and results are shown on the right side of the window.
- The last option below Scan Disk is “Clone Disk”. As the name suggests, this option is to be used when we wish to clone our local disk. The contents of the hard disk are saved as a disk image file and transferred to a storage medium, alike a flash drive or an external hard drive.
This button takes us through the procedure to repair any severely damaged or corrupted video file(s) on the computer.
- The window after clicking on “Repair Video” shows a big blank box with “Add File” in the center of it.
- Click on it to open Windows Explorer and choose the video file that you want to be repaired. Click on “Repair”.
- Stellar Data Recovery Technician then works on repairing the video files, and it shows you the progress along the way. The video files supported are all of them like .mp4, .mpeg, .mkv, .avi etc.
- After the repairing is over, it gives you the option to preview it. Clicking on it, plays the video in a small window without playing the audio of the file.
- Also, at the lower right side, you may click on “Save Repaired Files”. Only if you’re satisfied with the preview of the file after repairing.
We can click on the “Repair Photo” button when we want Stellar Data Recovery Technician to fix extremely damaged or corrupted photo files (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, etc.). The procedure for this is the same as that for Repair Video above. Only, instead of choosing a broken video file to repair, you have to select a damaged image file for repairing.
Just to remind you, you need to absolutely have an activated version of Stellar Data Recovery Technician to be able to make use of the above features.
Why choose Stellar Data Recovery Technician?
We are now aware of the world of features that Stellar Data Recovery Technician has to offer to us. But why should we choose it? Here are a bunch of pointers which might help you make that decision:
All said and done about the features, what you want at the end of the day is a recovery software which WORKS. Especially when it comes to data of servers owned by huge enterprises, you do not want to risk it all on the basis of features bragged about. You want to know the success rate of the software. Stellar Data Recovery Technician boasts of a 100% success rate. Whatever be the RAID level, Stellar works like none of its competition and is extremely reliable.
Compatible with Windows OS
Stellar Data Recovery Technician is compatible with all Windows versions including Windows XP.
Stellar Data Recovery Technician promises to repair the most severely damaged and corrupted media. Which is again very important because it could be a media of essential utility for the enterprise to function. The media could also be something containing sensitive information. Which the enterprise will need to repair and cannot afford to let this leak, just because it has a damage.
Deep Scan, Lost Partition Recovery, Optical Drive Recovery
These features of Stellar Data Recovery Technician make it quite possibly one of the best ones to go for as it makes the software extremely invaluable.
RAID data, the importance of which cannot be emphasized enough, RAID data recovery software are also extremely important. They serve as contingencies to the existing RAID levels. RAID levels are in itself designed to ensure data integrity and fast data retrieval. But in the worst case scenario, it is always wise and responsible to have a software which is reliable and dependable for getting our RAID data back, which huge enterprises run on.