Adobe Flash Player is a plugin software for browsers and mobile devices that helps to play content created using the Adobe Flash Platform. Since its release in 1996, it has been used to display rich Internet applications. Despite criticism, the popularity of the Flash platform has not dropped, and there are still a large number of sites that use Flash. Test Adobe Flash Player is essential for anyone surfing the internet.
To test Adobe Flash Player, simply click the Windows icon in your taskbar, then type “FLASH” into the ‘Search programs and files field. From the search results, right-click on Flash Player and choose ‘Open‘.
It is not uncommon to face an issue of websites not being able to be viewed because of some problem with your Flash player. There may be many reasons for such an issue to occur. Ranging from outdated Flash versions to Flash is not even present on your browser. Here we have compiled some popular issues that Adobe Flash Player users face. You can use them to perform a Flash player test.
See also: How to Solve “SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” Error
Table of Contents
How to Test Adobe Flash Player
If you are facing such an issue, this article will be most helpful for you. Here we explain a few simple steps to test Adobe Flash Player. Using these steps, you can troubleshoot almost any problem regarding Adobe Flash Player. And one of the most important sites that will help you to test adobe flash player is Adobe’s website. And here, we do mention Adobe’s website a few times since they provide the best help for you on a detailed basis.
- The first thing you have to do before any adobe flash test is to check is whether the latest version of Adobe Flash Player on your device. You can check the installed software list on your computer or installed applications on your mobile device. Check if the software is present, and also check the Flash version. You can check which is the current version of Adobe Flash Player on Adobe’s website.
- If it is not installed, download and install the software from the Adobe Flash Player download website. After Downloading the software, make sure that you have correctly installed it on your device. One important thing you have to keep in mind while downloading the Adobe Flash player is that there are hundreds of fake versions of the software out there on the internet.
- And a good number of those fake software must be harmful to your device. So whenever you want to download the Adobe Flash player, then make sure that you download it from Adobe’s own website. Since this plugin is free, you would not have to worry about the payment while downloading the original version.
- After downloading and installing the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, enable the plugin in your browser. Different browsers have different settings and options to change the plugin settings. Try to find the adobe flash plugin and enable it in your web browser.
- If you already have it installed in your system, then you can skip the first two steps and directly get to check whether it is enabled in your browser.
- Another easy method to do an adobe flash player test installed in your computer is to use Adobe’s Flash test website. This website will play an animation that you will be able to see only if Flash Player is present on your web browser.
- If you are not able to view the animation, it means that there is some issue with your Flash player. So to test adobe flash player, you can visit Adobe’s Flash Player Help website.
- This page will check and test the Adobe Flash player installed on your computer. Another critical help this site provides is the step-by-step instructions on how to download, install and enable Flash on your computer’s web browser to Test Adobe Flash Player. These instructions are available for all major Operating Systems and also almost every web browser, including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and even Windows 10 Edge. Chrome already comes with a customized version of adobe flash player pre-installed it.
- So if you test flash player on chrome and it still does not work. Then all you have to do is change the plugin settings and enable the flash plugin in chrome. You can visit the Adobe Flash player Help website for detailed information on how to do it.
- If you are not able to test your Flash player on Adobe’s site here, we have a list of websites that you can use to test adobe flash player on your browser. Some detect if a Flash plugin is running on your browser, and some use Flash animations to check whether you are able to view them with the help of Flash Player. If you are not able to see them, then you have not installed or enabled adobe flash player on your device.
Adobe has declared to withdraw the Adobe Flash player by 2020. But even now, flash player is one of the most commonly used online web tools. This software was one of the premieres in creating interactive online multimedia content and interface.
Since there are so many websites that depend solely on the Flash player. Even to this day, you will need it. So test the adobe flash player using the methods said above and enjoy trouble-free online streaming and multimedia content.
See also: Adobe Reader Offline Installer | Latest Direct Download Links