Adobe flash player is a plugin software for browsers and mobile devices created by Adobe. This plugin helps to play content created using the Adobe Flash Platform. These type of contents include streaming of audio and video, playback of interactive multimedia content, etc.
Adobe Flash Player plugin is available for all major web browsers throughout many different operating systems. This plugin is an essential software for anyone surfing the internet, mainly if you play online multimedia content. Since its release in 1996 Adobe Flash Player has been used increasingly to display rich internet applications. Even despite it receiving many criticisms the popularity of the Flash platform did not drop.
Coming to the current scenario, even though many websites now depend on HTML5 instead of Adobe Flash for the multimedia interface, there are still a large number of sites that use Flash. And it is not uncommon to face an issue of websites not being able to be viewed because of some problem with your flash player. There may be many reasons for such an issue to occur from outdated flash version to flash is not installed or enabled on your browser. Here we have compiled some popular issues that are faced by Adobe Flash Player users.
How to Test Adobe Flash Player
If you are someone who is facing such an issue, this article will be most helpful for you. Here we explain a few simple steps to test Adobe Flash Player. Using these steps, you can troubleshoot almost any problem regarding Adobe Flash Player. And one of the most important sites that will help you to test adobe flash player is Adobe’s website. And here we do mention Adobe’s website a few times since they provide the best help for you on a detailed basis.
- The first thing you have to check is whether the latest version of Adobe Flash Player is installed in your device. You can check the installed software list on your computer or installed applications in your mobile device. Check if the software is installed and also check if it is the latest version. You can check which is the current version of Adobe Flash Player on Adobe’s website.
- If it is not installed, download and install the software from the Adobe Flash Player download website. After Downloading the software, make sure that you have correctly installed it on your device. One important thing you have to keep in mind while downloading the Adobe flash player is that there are hundreds of fake versions of the software out there on the internet. And a good number of those fake software must be harmful for your device. So whenever you want to download the Adobe Flash player, then make sure that you download it from Adobe’s own website. Since this plugin is free you would not have to worry about the payment while downloading the original version.
- After downloading and installing the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, enable the plugin in your browser. Different browsers have different settings and options to change the plugin settings. Try to find adobe flash plugin and enable it in your web browser.
- If you already have it installed in your system, then you can skip the first two steps and directly get to check whether it is enabled in your browser.
- Another easy method to test the flash player installed in your computer is to use Adobe’s flash test website. This website will play an animation that you will be able to see only if Flash Player is installed and enabled on your web browser.
- If you are not able to view the animation, it means that there is some issue with your flash player. So to test adobe flash player further, you can visit Adobe’s Flash Player Help website.
- This page will check and test Adobe Flash player installed in your computer. Another critical help this site provides is step by step instruction on how to download, install and enable flash on your computer’s web browser. These instruction are available for all major Operating Systems and also almost every web browser including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and even Windows 10 Edge. Chrome already comes with a customized version of adobe flash player pre-installed along with it. So if you test flash player on chrome and it still does not work, then all you have to do is change the plugin settings and enable the flash plugin in chrome. You can visit the Adobe Flash player Help website for detailed information on how to do it.
- If you are not able to test your flash player on Adobe’s site here, we have a list of websites that you can use to test adobe flash player on your browser. Some detect if a flash plugin is enabled in your browser and some use flash animations to check whether you are able to view them with the help of Flash Player. If you are not able to see them, then you have not installed or enabled adobe flash player on your device.
Adobe has declared to withdraw Adobe Flash player by 2020, but even now flash player is one of the most commonly used online web tools. This software was one of the premieres in creating interactive online multimedia content and interface. Since there are so many websites that depend solely on the flash player even to this day, you will need it. So test adobe flash player using the methods said above and enjoyed a trouble-free online streaming and multimedia content.