Transparent Google Search Bar Widget allows you to have an always-opaque search bar. It’s great for increasing and maintaining your privacy and avoiding data mining.
It prevents the information from being collected while still providing an advanced search feature that benefits users in many ways.
- 1 What Are The Benefits Of A Transparent Google Search Bar Widget
- 2 How To Customize Your Transparent Google Search Bar Widget
- 3 Apps To Make A Transparent Google Search Bar Widget
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Conclusion
What Are The Benefits Of A Transparent Google Search Bar Widget
Some benefits of making a transparent search widget are:
- It can solve one of the most annoying problems with stock Android: The transparent search bar is always visible when typing, even if it’s not enabled. The fine search bar can be very distracting, especially if you happen to be an intensive typist. This widget will solve that problem by replacing your standard search bar with a much more subtle and less distracting one that is neatly tucked away until needed.
- Make a convenient use of Google services with the help of the search bar: Unless you have been living under a rock for the past couple of years, you are probably familiar with Google’s various products. These products are integrated into each other to provide users with an easy way to access them when needed. Google’s many services can be accessed through the Google Search bar at the top of your Android phone or tablet’s screen. This includes Gmail (for email), YouTube, Google Maps, Google Search itself, and various apps created by Android developers. Hero Forge is one popular online website community to develop and customize miniature models. Click here to know more about the hero forge alternative.
How To Customize Your Transparent Google Search Bar Widget
This fine google widget search bar offers quick access to the Google search bar icon, weather, and calendar from the system tray. Users can customize this widget to show only icons or text or both text and icons.
This section tells how to customize the Transparent Google Search Bar Widget in your Microsoft Windows as well as your Android Phone:
Customize Your Transparent Google Search Bar Widget On Windows
- Click here to download Transparent Google Search Bar Widget
- Unzip this ZIP file and launch WPF Text Editor (included in the 7Zip application)
- Please copy the entire content from WidgetList.js (paste it into the HTML Editor)
- Change the name of YearDayIcon in the WidgetList.js to your choice. For example, for French-language, I changed YearDayIcon to “Années,” and for the English language, I changed YearDayIcon to “Years.”
- Save this modified file (WidgetList.js) as a zipped file.
- Rename TransparentGoogleSearchBarWidget.html to “TransparentGoogleSearchBarWidget” (included with 7Zip application)
- Make this zip file available in the Start Screen.
- After following these steps and making Transparent Google Search Bar Widget available on the Start Screen, you can restart your computer and see a new feature, “Your Customization,” added to the Widget list displayed on the Windows.
Customize Your Transparent Google Search Bar Widget On Android Phone
Follow these steps:
- Long Click on Search Bar Widget & Send to SD Card
- Go to Settings App & Tap More, and then you see “Settings” On the right-hand side of the screen, tap “Widgets.”
- Now tap the “Google” button at the lower right corner of the screen & select the “Storage” option. Then you have to choose the widget from the SD card by pressing the “Select” button.
- Select “Google” from your home page and scroll down to find your widget. Tap it and save it.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see a “Send to” button. Click it and then select the “Widget” option from the list. Now click the “OK” button.
- On your phone home screen, tap “Back,” tap “Menu,” and then scroll down until you see a list of widgets. Tap on your Google Search Bar Widget & you are done! You have successfully made a transparent google widget.
Apps To Make A Transparent Google Search Bar Widget
Below are a few apps that can help you in making a transparent google search bar widget:
Custom Search Bar Widget
It is a widget that changes the search bar on your Android device by giving it a different background, fonts, input box colors, etc. It will also give you an app icon and application name, which you can select a color to make your widgets unique.
Of course, this app is free with no ads and no gimmicks, just like the ad-supported versions of apps. It’s compatible with all Android devices running 4.0+ versions of Android and above (including Honeycomb).
Download: Custom Search Bar Widget
Universal Search Bar Widget
This application allows you to input up to 10 different search engines, which you can access with a single click. The application has a special design to add quick shortcuts for any app on your phone or tablet. The best part is that you can mix and match search engines, customize the location of each and set it as your default application. You get to use your favorite search engine everywhere you go.
Download: Universal Search Bar Widget
Google Automatic Transparent Search Bar Widget
It is a simple app that connects your sites with an automatic proxy and changes the links to show that they are all related to what you need. It is the best method of making your site seem more interactive. Its use on Yahoo, Gmail, or Facebook allows for swapping between these three without altering each one manually. Furthermore, it supports virtually any language, so you can use it in almost any country for someone who doesn’t speak English.
How to add a google widget on my home screen on iOS?
Long tap on your device's home screen, after which you'll see a '+' sign on the top left corner of the screen. Select the Google App from the list, and to adjust the widget size, swipe left or right and then select 'Add a widget' and tap 'done.'
How do I get the black Google Search bar?
Just tap the three lines on the top left corner of your screen in Google and go to 'Settings.' From that, select 'Dark Mode.'
How to remove the Google search bar?
You'll find many Google extensions that can make that happen for you, but it is not recommended that you remove the search bar because that will result in various browser malfunctions.
I hope you found this article helpful, and now you can easily navigate your way around how to customize your transparent google search bar widget and make it aesthetic, colorful, and convenient to suit your own needs!