Streaming sticks are a great investment if you’re someone who loves to watch movies and TV shows. In short, a streaming stick is basically a device that allows you to stream movies, music, TV shows, etc., spanning across multiple genres. Several companies produce streaming sticks, some of the most popular being Amazon’s firestick, Chromecast and Roku. These streaming sticks are also reasonably priced; therefore, their demand has skyrocketed ever since their launch. Now, you can always enjoy streamed content from platforms like Netflix, HULU, etc., from your phone or PC. You also access free Netflix account these days. That being said, it doesn’t even hold a candle compared to watching this content on the big screen with your friends and family. Now, it is always beneficial to learn the functionalities of your streaming stick. Therefore, in today’s article, we will be covering how to unpair the Fire TV remote.
- 1 What Is Amazon’s Firestick
- 2 How To Pair Fire TV Remote
- 3 How To Unpair Fire TV Remote
What Is Amazon’s Firestick
Amazon’s firestick is one of the most popular streaming sticks out there. It offers a simple yet intuitive interface, which has made it a fan favorite. This how-to pair/unpair fire tv remote guide applies to the following models.
However, this how-to unpair firestick remote guide can also be deemed appropriate for the older versions of the device.
How To Pair Fire TV Remote
This article covers how to pair/unpair a fire tv remote, keeping in mind various different scenarios. Scroll down to find the one you feel is most applicable to your situation.
Pairing the firestick remote during the setup process
Now the pairing process of the remote during setup is as simple as it can get. It is the very first step in the setup of your firestick. This is because you will need the firestick remote to perform each action in the setup process that will follow.
All you need to do to pair the remote during setup is press the Pause/Play button. Please ensure that you have inserted the batteries into your firestick remote before performing the step mentioned earlier.
Pairing a new firestick remote
If you’ve bought a new remote due to damage to the previous one, then follow the next set of steps to pair it.
- Unlink the firestick from its power
- Insert the batteries into the new remote
- Next, power up your firestick once again. At this stage, the new remote should automatically pair with the TV. Check to see if that’s the case.
- Now, if the remote hasn’t paired, hold down on the Home button on the remote for approximately 10-20 seconds.
- A notification should pop up on your TV, stating that the pairing was successful. If not, utilize the remote to see if it works with the TV.
Pairing more than one firesticks
Amazon firestick allows you to pair more than one remote to the TV. This is an extremely useful feature in circumstances where one remote doesn’t function properly. Therefore, if you’re looking to pair more than one firestick to your TV, then follow the next set of steps.
- Go into the settings of your firestick from the home screen.
- Click on ‘Controllers & Bluetooth Devices’
- Select ‘Amazon Fire TV Remotes’
- Next, select the option titled ‘Add New Remote.’
- At this stage, the firestick will try to detect a new remote
- Press down on the home button of the remote you would like to pair with the firestick for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Once the firestick detects the new remote, press down on the ‘select’ button of your old remote, this is to confirm the pairing of the new remote.
Use the new remote to see if it has been paired up.
How To Unpair Fire TV Remote
If you’re looking to unpair the firestick remote, then the following are two possible scenarios that can be associated with the same. Check out the one which suits your situation the most.
Unpairing the only remote associated with the TV
It is not possible to use a remote to unpair it with the firestick it is connected with. However, if you wish to use that remote to connect to another firestick, that is possible. To unpair the fire stick remote, simply unplug your firestick from its power source.
To pair your firestick tv remote with another firestick, utilize one of the methods mentioned above.
Know More: Best Movie Downloading Sites For Mobile
Unpairing the additional remote associated with the TV
To unpair the fire tv remote in case there are multiple remotes linked to the firestick, follow the next set of steps
- Go into the settings of your firestick from the home screen
- Click on ‘Controllers & Bluetooth Devices’
- Click on ‘Amazon Fire TV Remotes’
- Next, select the firestick remote you wish to unpair
- Select the hamburger icon on another remote that is linked to the firestick
- Finally, hold down on the ‘select’ button on the other remote.
- Your remote has now been unpaired.
So that’s how to unpair the amazon fire tv remote when you have multiple remotes connected to a single firestick.
So here’s how to pair/unpair the fire tv remote with your firestick. Now that you’ve got your dilemma cleared, you can get back to streaming your favorite sports or any content in no time! Also, if you are looking to stream free movies online, click here.