We are here to help you with the Top 5 suggested fixes for “Why does Cortana Keep Popping Up?” on Windows 10. This blog will cover all the possible fixes to remove the issue, “Why does Cortana keep Popping up?”
- 1 Why Does Cortana Keep Popping Up: Learn To Fix
- 1.1 Solution 1:
- 1.2 Solution 2:
- 1.3 Solution 3:
- 1.4 Solution 4:
- 1.5 Solution 5:
- 1.6 Different Approaches To Solve The Issue, “Why does Cortana Keep Popping Up?”
- 2 FAQ’s
- 3 Conclusion
Why Does Cortana Keep Popping Up: Learn To Fix
Carefully check out the following solutions to solve your problem:
- Click on Start
- Type Settings
- Click on Settings>Devices.
- Then, click on Devices.
- Then, Devices>Mouse & Touchpad menu.
- Click on the mouse & touchpad menu
- After that, Mouse & Touchpad>Additional mouse options.
- As soon as you click it, a new window will open.
- Look for the Three-Tap feature or a Four-Tap feature.
- Lastly, you have to disable any one of the options, whichever comes up on that window. (It depends on your device).
After you disable the feature, Cortana will not pop up on Windows 10 for sure. If you do not disable the feature, Cortana will pop up.
- First, open the Control panel.
- Then, Control panel>Hardware and Sound menu.
- Click on the Hardware and Sound menu.
- Then, Hardware and Sound>Synaptics touchpad.
- Click on Synaptics touchpad, look for the tap feature.
- Now, turn off or disable the Tap feature.
Here we are with another solution if your Cortana randomly pops up.
- Type Cortana in the search bar.
- Then, Cortana>notebook.
- After that, Notebook>settings menu.
- In the settings menu, check if the dialogue- “Hey Cortana” is enabled or not.
- Disable “Hey Cortana”
- Go to Windows Search Bar.
- Now, type Edit Group Policy and open it.
- Then, Edit Group Policy>Computer configuration.
- After that, Computer configuration>Administrative Templates.
- Administrative Templates>Windows components.
- Search Find Cortana, double-click on it.
- Disable Cortana
- After that, end the process by clicking OK.
- We have come across four solutions to the question, “Why does Cortana Keep opening?”
- Let’s check out the last fix and understand why Cortana pops up randomly.
- To Keep Cortana from popping up, go to start & click it.
- Type Cortana
- Cortana> Cortana Permissions
- Click on Cortana Permissions
- Now, Cortana Permissions>Talk To Cortana ( It will be on the left-hand side.)
- Talk to Cortana>Keyboard Shortcuts>Hey Cortana switches.
- Disable Cortana Switch.
Different Approaches To Solve The Issue, “Why does Cortana Keep Popping Up?”
You Can Install The Older Driver Of The Touchpad:
- If still, Cortana pops up randomly, some experts suggest that you try to resolve this issue by installing the older drive of your touchpad.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Then locate the Touchpad driver.
- Choose ‘Update Driver’ option from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Click on the option to browse your computer for other driver software.
- After that, choose the option to select from the list of drivers on your computer.
- A list will appear in front, choose an older driver and click Next.
- After installing, make sure you disable the three-tap feature or four-tap feature.
- Now, your Cortana issue will solve after this method.
- Make sure you prevent your Windows from automatically updating the driver.
You Can Keep Cortana Off By Modifying Your Registry:
The steps are simple here, you have to follow certain instructions, and then it is done.
- Press the Windows key + R button.
- Type regedit in the textbox.
- Click OK or press Enter.
- After it opens up, Navigate yourself to this path-
- “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESynapticsSynTPWin10” in the left-hand panel.
- You have to right-click on Win10 Key, then click on Export from the menu that appears.
- After clicking on export, choose Selected Branch option and save the dialogue by giving a file name.
- In the right panel, try finding these DWORDs and delete them:
Now, after deleting these words and executing the above process, your device might not resolve the issue, then assume this procedure is not for you.
Use A USB Mouse
Some experts suggest that you opt for an alternate USB mouse if you do not disable your touchpad.
It may not be a permanent solution, but it can increase your productivity while solving the Cortana issue.
Recheck Your Laptop Keyboard
It happens with several users that the buttons on their keyboard get stuck, especially the F5 key.
The F5 key is the reason your Cortana keeps popping up. Make sure the keys on the keyboard are intact.
Disable Taskbar Titbits
Follow all the steps of number 5 given above. But search for the Taskbar Titbits menu, and disable it. Doing this will alleviate the problem of Cortana.
Using Battery Saver Feature
This method is helpful as enabling this feature automatically disables the Virtual Assistant’s wake word feature. The disadvantage of this is that other crucial features of Windows are disabled simultaneously.
If you do not prefer the long methods, this is relatively easier.
Try signing out of Cortana.
All your Cortana issues arise, fundamentally, because you are signed in.
So, you can solve this issue by just signing out from Cortana.
Let’s check the most Frequently asked question regarding Cortana: Why Does Cortana Keep Popping Up
How to Uninstall Cortana from Windows 10?
Some Windows users wish to uninstall the virtual assistant from their system entirely.
Here is the guide to do so:
- Open Start menu
- Type Powershell and click on it.
- Select the option- Run as Administrator
- Click on the option.
- Type in this text- GetAppxPackage-allusersMicrosoft.549981C3F5F10
- Remove the AppxPackage.
- Then Press Enter.
The best way to stop Cortana from popping up is by uninstalling it, according to many users believe.
However, we covered the most effective fixes to solve the problem, “Why does Cortana Keep Popping Up?”. Starting from the settings menu to the Control panel.
Exploring the other additional ways has helped you to learn how to keep cortana from popping up. Now, you are familiar with Cortana and how you can disable it in your Windows 10.