Since today’s world has a constant need to connect to the internet, it is safe to say that you can find a good wifi connection almost anywhere. As a result, your mobile Phone has probably been connected to 100s of networks over its lifetime. In such cases, your device always saves the wifi password. This is also why you automatically connect to a familiar wifi network. This brilliant feature can also make us a bit complacent when remembering passwords. Thus, one may need to do the WiFi Key Recovery Without Root.
So, if you’re here because you’ve forgotten your wifi password, then don’t worry! We’ve all been there. For starters, if your Android device has at one point been connected to the wifi network, then the password is saved. In such cases, all that needs to be done by you is to recover the saved password. Now, if your Phone has been rooted, you can view the password without any issues. However, if it isn’t, then you’ve run into a problem. Due to rooting voids warranty, several android users refrain from rooting their Phone. That being said, it is yet possible for wifi key recovery without root.
3 Ways to do Wifi Key Recovery Without Root
This article will cover how to view saved wifi password on Android without root – 4 different ways.
So without much further ado, let’s get started.
Using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is an advanced file manager that you can get on all android devices. Due to its capabilities, you can stay at rest assured that you can find Android’s core file with its help. Here is how you can use ES File Explorer for wifi key recovery without root.
Commence by downloading the ES File Explorer application onto your Android device.
- Grant the application the required permissions to proceed.
- Now, expand the tools panel and enable the ‘Root Explorer’ option. By doing so, you will be able to find and edit your system files. Next, go into Root Folder and proceed to find the folder which is titled named ‘Data.’
- Under this folder, search and open the folder titled ‘misc.’
- Next, search and open up the folder labeled ‘Wifi’.
- Next, open up the ‘wpa_supplicant.conf’ file via built-in text/HTML viewer.
Finally, under this file, search for SSID and PSK. The significance of these two terms is that SSID is your wifi’s name, and PSK is its password.
So here’s the ideal wifi password viewer without root. However, if this method hasn’t worked for you, then read on.
Using the ADB Commands
ADB is a command-line tool that allows you to effectively communicate with your Android device. Therefore, you can also use this tool for wifi password recovery no root required. Here is how you can use ADB commands to recover your wifi password.
- Go to settings, then go into About Phone. Search for the build number under this.
- Proceed to tap on this number 5-6 times. After this, you will get the message ‘You are now a developer.’
- Now, enable the developer options.
- Next, turn on ‘Android Debugging’ or ‘USB Debugging.’
- Next, on a windows machine, install the ADB drivers. You can find tutorials for this online.
- Open the folder once downloaded and right-click. Select ‘Open Command Window here.’
- Link your Phone to your computer at this point and enter ‘adb services’ into the command prompt.
- Next, input the following command ‘adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf c:/wpa_supplicant.conf’.
The aforementioned command will fetch you the file from your Android to the C Drive of the computer. You can open up this file with notepad.
Using WIFI WPS WPA TESTER
If you’re wondering how to hack wifi on Android without root, then this is the application you’ll need. This application method should be utilized in circumstances where the W-fi passkey hasn’t been saved on your Android Phone either. Please keep in mind that this method hasn’t been shared for allowing readers to steal wifi passkeys of private networks. It is purely for educational purposes. So without further ado, here are the steps for wifi key recovery without root using WIFI WPS WPA TESTER app.
- Commence by downloading the WIFI WPS WPA TESTER app onto your Android mobile phone.
- Launch the application from your app drawer. Once launched, you will notice that the application is scanning the wifi networks near you.
- Once this process is complete, you will be displayed with a list of wifi networks around you. At this stage, you must check the color of the lock beside the name of each wifi network. If it is green, then it will be possible to hack into it. If it is red, this won’t be possible.
- Click on any network or your preferred wifi network with a green lock.
- In the window that pops up, select the option ‘connect.’
- In the next pop up, select the option ‘NO ROOT.’
- The next pop up will display a list of pins. Select one to be able to hack into the wifi network, then select ‘CONNECT(ROOT).’
At this point, the pin attack will commence. Wait a couple of minutes for this process to complete.
So here is how to find wifi password on Android without root. With these methods, you can now conduct wifi key recovery without root with ease. The methods above can be complicated. But is you follow them step-by-step, you will be able to do it with ease. And next time, don’t forget your password!