Since today’s world constantly needs to connect to the internet, it is safe to say that you can find a good wifi connection almost anywhere. As a result, your mobile phone has probably been connected to 100s of networks over its lifetime. In such cases, your device always saves the wifi password. This is also why you automatically connect to a familiar wifi network. This brilliant feature can also make us a bit complacent when remembering passwords. Thus, one may need to do the WiFi Key Recovery Without Root.
An application called WiFi Key Recovery (which requires root access) will help you find the password for a wifi network you’ve already connected your device to. You must root your device to utilize the application. The program is compatible with the WPA (WiFi Protected Access) protocol.
So, if you’re here because you’ve forgotten your wifi password, don’t worry! We’ve all been there. If you previously connected your Android device to the wifi, it saved the password. In such cases, you simply need to recover the password that you saved. If your Phone has been rooted, you can view the password without issues. However, you’ve run into a problem if it isn’t. Due to rooting voids warranty, several Android users refrain from rooting their Phones. That being said, it is yet possible for wifi key recovery without root.
Table of Contents
3 Ways to Make Wifi Key Recovery Without Root
This article will cover how to view saved wifi passwords on Android without root – 4 different ways. So without much further ado, let’s get started.
Using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is an advanced file manager that you can get on all Android devices. Due to its capabilities, you can stay assured that you can find Android’s core file with its help. Here is how to use ES File Explorer for wifi key recovery without root.
Commence by downloading the ES File Explorer application onto your Android device.
- Grant the application the required permissions to proceed.
- Now, expand the tools panel and enable the ‘Root Explorer’ option. By doing so, you can find and edit your system files. Next, go into Root Folder and find the ‘Data folder.’
- Under this folder, search and open the folder titled ‘misc.’
- Next, search and open up the folder labeled ‘Wifi.’
- Next, open the ‘wpa_supplicant.conf’ file via a built-in text/HTML viewer.
- Finally, under this file, search for SSID and PSK. The significance of these two terms is that SSID is your wifi’s name, and PSK is its password.
So here’s the ideal wifi password viewer without root. However, if this method hasn’t worked for you, read on.
Using the ADB Commands
ADB is a command-line tool that allows you to communicate with your Android device effectively. Therefore, you can also use this tool for wifi password recovery; no root is required. Here is how you can use ADB commands to recover your wifi password.
- Go to settings, then go into About Phone. Search for the build number under this.
- Proceed to tap on this number 5-6 times. After this, you will get the message, ‘You are now a developer.’
- Now, enable the developer options.
- Next, turn on ‘Android Debugging’ or ‘USB Debugging.’
- Next, on a Windows machine, install the ADB drivers. You can find tutorials for this online.
- Open the folder once downloaded and right-click. Select ‘Open Command Window here.’
- Link your Phone to your computer and enter ‘adb services’ into the command prompt.
- Next, input the command ‘adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf c:/wpa_supplicant.conf’.
The command above will fetch you the file from your Android tothe C Drive of the computer. You can open up this file with Notepad.
Using WIFI WPS WPA Tester
If you’re wondering how to hack wifi on Android without root, this is the application you’ll need. This application method should be utilized when the W-fi passkey hasn’t been saved on your Android Phone. Please remember that this method hasn’t been shared to allow readers to steal private network wifi passkeys. It is purely for educational purposes. So without further ado, here are the steps for wifi key recovery without root using the WIFI WPS WPA TESTER app.
- Commence by downloading the WIFI WPS WPA TESTER app onto your Android mobile phone.
- Launch the application from your app drawer. Once launched, you will notice the application scanning your wifi networks.
- Once this process is complete, you will be shown a list of wifi networks around you. At this stage, you must check the color of the lock beside the name of each wifi network. If it is green, it will be possible to hack into it. If it is red, this won’t be possible.
- Click on any network or your preferred wifi network with a green lock.
- In the window that pops up, select the option ‘connect.’
- In the next pop-up, select the option ‘NO ROOT.’
- The following pop-up will display a list of pins. Select one to hack into the wifi network, then select ‘CONNECT(ROOT).’ At this point, the pin attack will commence. Wait a couple of minutes for this process to complete.
Can we see Wi-Fi passwords on mobile?
On Android, you can access all your passwords through the Wi-Fi settings, and sharing passwords becomes convenient using QR codes. Conversely, viewing saved passwords directly is not supported when using an iPhone or iPad. Nonetheless, you can effortlessly share network passwords with fellow iPhone or iPad users.
How do I use the Wi-Fi password recovery app?
Using Wi-Fi Password Recovery is a simple process. After you open the app, it will display a complete list of all the Wi-Fi networks you've ever connected to on this Android device. You can readily see the network names and their corresponding passwords, making it easy to access this essential information.
Can we obtain the Wi-Fi password with an IP address?
To access the router's web interface, enter the router's IP address into a web browser on a device connected to the same network. However, it's essential to note that obtaining a Wi-Fi password using an IP address on an Android mobile device is not a viable option.
Can hackers see your Wi-Fi password?
For a minimal expense, hackers can rent a cloud computer and often swiftly attempt to guess your network's password using brute force or by deploying a powerful computer to test multiple password combinations. A weak password for your home Wi-Fi network will make it susceptible to unauthorized access.
So here is how to find wifi password on Android without root. With these methods, you can efficiently conduct wifi key recovery without root. If you follow them step-by-step, you can do it quickly. And next time, don’t forget your password!