Windows is the most popular operating system for personal computers. It is available all around the world in various languages. Sometimes, you might want to get an add-on for supporting a local language that you prefer. This can be done using language packs. Thus, you must know how to get Windows 10 Language Pack.
What are language packs and what do they do?
Language packs are packages that when installed into a Windows installation bring support for a new language on your system. Downloading and installing additional languages for windows allows menus, dialogue boxes and other interface items in your preferred languages. The Windows 10 Language Pack changes can be made through the Control Panel. You can even get Japanese language pack if that’s what you’re into.
Categories of Windows 10 Language Pack
Based on the elements that the Windows 10 Language Pack supports, the language packs are divided into the following categories:
Language Interface Pack
This is a partially localized microsoft language pack that contains only the important localized language packages. You need to install it on an installation that already has a fully localized pack preinstalled on it.
Partially Localized Pack
It contains all the resources for the language pack. However, it does not contain all the resources localized inside the package.
Fully localized language pack
As the name suggests, this pack contains all the resources as localized in the language pack.
Windows 10 Language Pack Direct Download Links
Before downloading the Windows 10 Language Pack, you will have to check which bit version of windows you have installed. To check it:
- Launch Windows Explorer.
- From the menu in left, select This PC and right click it.
- From the right-click menu, select Properties.
- In the window that opens, watch for the System type entry under the System heading.
- If it says 64-bit operating system, you will need to download the 64-bit language packs while if it says 32-bit operating system, you will need to install the 32-bit language packs.
How to Install the Windows 10 Language Pack?
Once downloaded, the language pack needs to be installed manually in order to get integrated into the system. The downloaded file is in .cab extension. Follow these steps to install it:
- Open the Run window. To do this, press the WINKEY + R key combination simultaneously.
- Type in lpksetup in the run field and press OK.
- From the menu that opens, click the Install display languages option.
- In the next step, click on the Browse button and navigate to where you downloaded the language pack.
- Click on Next. The setup will now install the language pack onto your PC.
- Once done, click the close button and restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Make sure you are using the latest version of windows in order to be able to use these files.