Gstatic is a kind of redirect virus and If you have Gstatic virus on your computer, you might get directed to Gstatic.com while browsing.
You would be fed up with the endless pop-ups coming on your screen while you are in your browser. We are talking about all kinds of discount coupons, sales, and even an offer on a specific website.
It not only affects your browsing experience but also make your PC work slow and your browser might crash. It’s always better to remove it as soon as you found it and maintain precautions in order to avoid such issues later.
Well, if you are going through the similar problems, worry no more. In this article, you are going to learn how to get rid of the Gstatic virus from its core in some simple steps.
How to Remove Gstatic Virus?
Follow the steps and your computer will work as good as new. So, here’s what you need to do.
Reboot your computer in safe mode
Keeping your computer in safe mode will restrict most of the feature of any virus present in your computer. If you don’t know how to boot windows in safe mode here’s what you have to do:
For Windows XP and 7:
- Reboot your computer.
- Press F8 as soon as the first screen comes.
- Choose Safe mode with networking from the options.
For Windows 8:
- Go to Control panel.
- Then follow System and security>>Administration tool and select System configuration.
- Finally, Go to the boot tab and set it to Safe mode.
For Windows 10:
- Press the Windows button.
- Press Restart while pressing Shift key on your keyboard.
Remove unnecessary extension from your browser
Most of the Gstatic virus comes from the unnecessary extensions in your browser. They are always present in your browser and sometimes redirect you to another site in the background you don’t even get to know about.
So, just go to your browser and remove all the suspicious and unnecessary extensions that you don’t use much. If you don’t know how to remove extensions, here’s what you have to do.
- Click on the Chrome’s menu icon present at the top right corner.
- Press on More tools and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious unwanted extension and click on the trash icon to delete it.
- Click on the Internet Explorer gear icon present at the top right corner of the screen.
- Press on Manage add-ons.
- Again, look for any suspicious and unnecessary extension and delete it by disabling it.
By doing all the steps given above, you have now secured your browser completely. But it’s not enough. For eliminating the virus from the core, you need to delete it from the system. Its pretty simple, so nothing to worry about. Here’s what you have to do.
- Press Win + R.
- A box will open at the bottom left corner of the screen. Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the box and press Enter.
- You will now be on Control Panel under programme and features.
- Uninstall all the suspicious application from an unknown publisher.
Removing the programmes from unknown publisher makes the probability of the presence of virus even less. They do nothing but create the virus and make your computer slow. So it’s always best to get rid of them.
Also, with THIS guide, learn about the Intake and Exhaust fans of a computer.
The whole point of looking at the task manager is if there are still any virus or corrupted file left on your computer. If your PC is still having the trouble, you need to see what’s causing it.
As task manager lets you look at all the programmes running on your computer currently, it will also show the file which is causing the trouble. You can fix it with a few simple steps. Here’s what you have to do:
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Once it’s opened, go to the Details tab and check the details of the programmes which are currently running on your computer.
- If you see any suspicious file which you haven’t seen before, click on it and press End Task.
- Once you’ve ended the task, right-click on it and choose Location.
- Locate the file and delete it from the system.
Once you’re done with all these steps, your computer should be completely secure and safe. You’ve removed every possible file which could be responsible for causing the Gstatic virus on your computer. Reboot the system and there you go.
Although manual removal of the Gstatic virus is more efficient, they’re a bit risky too. Someone who’s not much into computer work might not be comfortable with the manual removal of the Gstatic virus.
And just in case if you delete even a single file from the Windows folder, it can cause even more significant issues. You surely don’t want to mess with the system.
So, it’s better if you guys use software which will do the same thing but by itself. You just have to download the following software and let it do its work. It is simpler and doesn’t take much effort. Here’s what you have to do.
- Download the software from this link.
- Install the software following the Installation wizard to install it.
- Once the software is completely installed, run a full PC scan. SpyHunter will automatically detect the Gstatic virus and repair/remove it.
Here were some simple steps with which you can remove the Gstatic virus present in your computer both manually and through software. You can go with either of the methods which you think is more convenient for you. I hope this article was useful to you.