Nvidia is one of the forefronts of the technology companies in the gaming arena. GeForce is the popular technology designed by the Nvidia which is utilized in different application processors like electronic devices and mobile devices.
GeForce Experience is one of the exceptional tools that NVIDIA offers to the experienced gaming users and novices alike. With powerful features like shadow-play for video capture of games to allow sharing with your friends and peers, game streaming to NVIDIA Shield handheld device, optimizing the game with one click or manually setting it, and keeping your graphics driver updated by automatically checking for the updates.
With all these efficient features, it would be very frustrating to have it not working correctly or not opening at all. This happens to be one of the standard error faced by the gaming population using GeForce Experience interface. Sometimes even uninstalling and reinstalling also doesn’t seem to work.
Here we are offering some easy ways to fix GeForce Experience Won’t Open error.
Simple Steps to Fix GeForce Experience Won’t Open Error
The standard fix when encountering an issue with a software or application is, to reboot the machine and try launching the app again. Sometimes it may work. If it still doesn’t work, try this next step.
Before reinstalling check first if the application is running in the background.
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Delete and click on the task manager. If you find this app running, select the .exe file and click end task.
- Then click on the start menu or windows button, select control panel.
- In the control panel click on programs then select uninstall a program.
- From the list click the geforce_experience_vxxxx.exe and click uninstall.
- Now go to the NVIDIA website, click on the download file, and download the GeForce Experience program.
- Once the download is complete, install the application file. Choose custom install instead of express install. Choose your options of what to install and check ‘Perform clean install.’
Reboot the system and try opening the GeForce Experience. Hope, you won’t face GeForce Experience Won’t Open issue now.
Conflict with other gaming applications
Sometimes you may have other gaming applications running parallel to GeForce Experience.
Especially in ASUS computers if you have ROG Gamefirst 3 or 4 installed and you are trying to launch GeForce Experience in the same system, it may not launch. There might be a conflict between those two, and you may have to uninstall ROG Gamefirst, to be able to launch the GeForce Experience interface.
Use the same steps a mentioned in the second option to uninstall your ROG Gamefirst application.
Reboot the system after the uninstall and upon restarting the system try relaunching the GeForce Experience.
You may need to update the Nvidia drivers manually. Or If you are running the older version of GeForce Experience you will need to upgrade to the latest version from an older version.
- On GeForce Experience website geforce.com, you can easily find a newer version of this application and the most recent GeForce Experience drivers.
- Check the details of the graphics card installed in your system, by clicking on the windows button at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the search type ‘dxdiag’ and hit enter.
- Get your product details and go to Nvidia website in the search bar provide those details.
- Once you find the drivers download them.
- Install the drivers and then open device manager dialog box by clicking on the windows button and the search bar typing device manager hit enter and update the driver software.
Restart your system and relaunch the GeForce Experience. This should fix GeForce Experience Won’t Open error.
- Click on the start or windows button on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the search write ‘msconfig’ to open the system configuration dialog box.
- Click on the services tab and check ‘Hide all Microsoft Services.’
- Find the GeForce Experience from the list and uncheck it.
- Click on the startup tab on the dialog box and again look for the GeForce Experience from the list and uncheck it.
Reboot your system. And launch the GeForce Experience application.
Other programs may interfere with GeForce Experience
Other background applications like firewall, antivirus programs, could also interfere in running GeForce Experience application. Add an exception to your firewall program for the GeForce Experience so that it is not blocked.
In your antivirus software enable the GeForce Experience so that it is not prevented from launching.
Disable your download manager programs or download accelerators so that they do not interfere with GeForce Experience launch.
Do keep in mind that while making those changes and fixes you know what you are doing and if you are not entirely confident of applying these fixes yourself ask a friend who is an expert in this, to save yourself from causing further complications to your system.
We hope one of the options mentioned above helped you find the solution to fixing the GeForce Experience Won’t Open error. Happy gaming!