NVIDIA is one of the most popular and advanced corporations that deals in the latest gaming technology. The company explicitly designs various graphics processing units that are widely in demand. Further, these devices play a huge role in the professional gaming community as well. Therefore, it is quite common for the players to get their hands on these products. Moreover, they design chip units for both computers and mobile devices as per the user requirement. However, sometimes players are not aware of the basic features and functionality. Also, many of you might not know how to turn off nvidia overlay while using it. Thus, follow this article as it will help you to get rid of them. Further, you can enjoy playing your favourite games without any interference.
What is an Overlay?
It is a common query for the players using NVIDIA as they don’t know the meaning of an overlay. Thus, first, we will understand the definition of an overlay and the concept behind it. An overlay is an additional application that runs simultaneously with some other existing application. Thus, the primary application will run slower than normal as it will be affected by the overlay. Further, the game will experience lags and can crash while it’s going on. Some overlays improve the overall gaming experience. But sometimes, they can backfire on the user. Moreover, overlays will put a negative impact on the bandwidth and make some programs misbehave. Therefore, it is better to get rid of them to enhance the gameplay.
How To Disable NVIDIA Geforce Overlay?
Now the question arises that how to turn off nvidia overlay (Geforce) and get going with your normal job. The concept behind the same is quite simple and does not require much effort. Moreover, you only need to follow some steps to avoid unnecessary overlays. This process will only take a couple of minutes and provide permanent effects. Therefore, you don’t require following the same procedure every time for the same thing. Hence, make sure to do it properly on the first attempt and relax. If you want to fix the NVIDIA installer failed error in a similar way, click here.
The nvidia geforce overlay is quite beneficial as they can boost up the game speed more than the average. However, some users prefer to deactivate them and play their game without any disturbance. Thus, you need to follow the steps mentioned below,
- First, you have to open the system tray associated with your NVIDIA software. You can do this after you right-click on the NVIDIA icon on your screen.
- Choose the option that says ‘NVIDIA Gefore Experience‘. It will take you to the login page and ask for the details.
- Next, fill in the credentials such as your username and password for logging in to the system. Also, the credentials should be correct as otherwise, you will get an error.
- Once you successfully log in, find the settings icon on the screen and click on it. It will look similar to a gear icon in white or green colour.
- Go to the general settings tab that is present on the left region of the settings panel.
- Finally, disable nvidia overlay by turning off the in-game overlay, and your job is complete.
NVIDIA share is another type of overlay that often appears on the screen while playing. It functions to provide a feature to record your gameplay and share it. Also, you can broadcast or live stream the same on various platforms. Well, the only thing that is changing from the previous section is the name of the feature. Unlike earlier steps, you have to disable the Share settings in this.
However, the notification for the same might be annoying. Thus, if you don’t want it after turning on the game, follow these steps,
- First, you need to get to the Share overlay on NVIDIA. The shortcut key for the same will be Alt+Z.
- Click on the icon with the shape of a triangle that will take you to the Share tab.
- Next, select the preference icon labelled gear emote.
- Scroll down the screen and locate the Notification field. Here you will get the option to disable NVIDIA share.
- Finally, close the notification bar, and this is how to disable nvidia share.
This is how to turn off nvidia overlay (Share).
How To Disable NVIDIA Shadowplay?
Finally, we learn how to turn off nvidia overlay (Shadowplay) from the system. As the name suggests, shadowplay allows you to watch the replay of your games. However, after you disable the feature, you will no longer be able to do the same. Thus, the steps are,
- The first step is to open the Share overlay tab from the settings.
- Click on the Preferences icon that will open a new window on the screen
- Next, make sure to find the Overlays option and click it as you might need to scroll down.
- If the status indicator is on, switch it to turn it off. You can confirm the process as the icons below your screen will disappear instantly.
This is how to disable nvidia shadowplay. If you want to know how to fix NVIDIA Control Panel won’t open error in a similar way, click here.
This is all about the guide and various steps that tell you how to turn off nvidia overlay. We also hope that the methods will work for most of the users. Moreover, you might need to reconduct the procedures after updating the software.
You can also learn about NVIDIA container, HERE!