Most Windows users who aren’t familiar with technical knowledge will surely fail to restore their Windows administrator password if forgotten. Indeed, you can format and re-install operating system to remove the password from your computer but that will destroy all the data contained inside your PC. But never fear as we are going to list down the best and top 5 free and paid Windows password recovery tools that will help to reset your computer password without losing any data at all.
Windows password recovery tools are mostly used for recovering or cracking the password of your PC. Most password recovery programs remove the password from your computer so that you can login without any password at all and few of them also helps to recover the password that you have used to encrypt your computer.
- 1 Top 8 Windows Password Recovery Tools
- 1.1 Ophcrack
- 1.2 TunesBro WinGeeker Ultimate
- 1.3 John The Ripper
- 1.4 Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
- 1.5 Trinity Rescue Kit
- 1.6 Pre Created Password Reset
- 1.7 UBCD Password Recovery tool
- 1.8 PassMoz Windows Password Recovery
- 2 Conclusion
Top 8 Windows Password Recovery Tools
So, here’s a list of some of the best hand-picked Windows password recovery tools out there.
Ophcrack is the most widely used Windows password recovery tool to this date. It is quite old but still manages to recover simple and weak passwords flawlessly.
To use this program, all you have to do is download the ISO image file of this tool, burn it on a CD/DVD or USB drive then use it to unlock your main system. It may take some time to crack the password but it is one of the fastest Windows password cracker available on the internet.
- Free and open-source program.
- ISO image file is bootable.
- No installation is needed.
- No matter if you remember the old password or not.
- Flawlessly work with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
- Can only crack passwords up to 14 characters length.
- Only simple passwords can be recovered.
- Doesn’t work with the latest Windows 8 and Windows 10 version.
- Some antivirus detects it as malware by mistake.
TunesBro WinGeeker Ultimate
One of the most amazing Windows password recovery tools is TunesBro WinGeeker Ultimate. There’s no password of any strength or length in the world that cannot be cracked using this program.
It is super easy to use and doesn’t take more than 10-15 minutes to crack your computer password. TunesBro WinGeeker Ultimate is a desktop program so you can easily install and burn the ISO image file directly to your removable device.
It allows you to create a password reset disk with your thumb drive or CD/DVD then you can use it remove the password from your locked system.
The USB drive will be bootable by default and you will only have to click on “Reset Password” once the program is loaded on your locked computer to remove the password from the system.
- Easy to use.
- Crack any length of the password.
- Removes all types of encryption like text, PIN, Microsoft and picture passwords.
- Works with over 2000+ computer and laptop brands like HP, Dell, Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, Lenovo, etc.
- Compatible with Windows XP/Vista 7/8/10 as well as with Windows servers.
- Analyzing the locked accounts is free but you will have to register the program to unlock your PC.
Visit: TunesBro WinGeeker Ultimate
John The Ripper
Another one of the most reliable Windows password recovery tools is John The Ripper. It is entirely free to use but you can also upgrade the program to take full benefits.
See Also: 7 Best Outlook Password Decryptor Tools
John The Ripper compares all the words from the saved files to match your password. It is an astonishing program if you are using a dictionary based password.
First, you will need to download the application from the official website and write the ISO image file on a CD/DVD then use it to reset the password of your original computer.
- Free to use and readily available.
- Perfectly works with Windows XP/Vista/Unix and Windows 7.
- Compatible with 64-bit version computers.
- Difficult to install.
- A complicated program that requires technical knowledge to operate.
- A free version is not usable at all.
Visit: John The Ripper
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor is one of the fastest Windows password recovery software which is available without any cost.
This program needs no installation at all, just download the ISO image file, burn it on a CD/DVD or a pen drive and then follow through the instruction to reset the password of your computers administrator account.
This program removes the password from your PC so that you don’t need to remember any past password at all.
- Freely available and you can download it from the official website.
- The ISO image file is minimal in size.
- Password recovery is rapid.
- It helps to reset other file passwords as well as WinZip, RAR files, etc.
- A text-based program, so a bit complicated to use.
- Not recommended for computer noobs.
- Any wrong selection of options may crash your hard drive.
Trinity Rescue Kit
The last but not least, we have Trinity Rescue Kit which is another member of flawless Windows Password Recovery Tools. It uses a robust algorithm to erase the login screen from your computer.
So, it doesn’t matter what kind of password you have used to protect your computer because it is simply going to destroy the login screen so that you can enter into your PC without any login password.
- Reset any Windows passwords.
- Works perfectly with local and administrator accounts.
- Tested on latest Windows 10 with successful results.
- Smaller in size and easy to burn the ISO image file.
- Challenging to use since the program is depends on the text.
- Doesn’t work with Windows 64-bit versions.
- You should also have adequate Computing Knowledge.
Visit: Trinity Rescue Kit
Pre Created Password Reset
Out of all the Windows Password Recovery Tools, Pre Created Password Reset is probably the best when it comes to crack into and recover the PC. For accessing your system without a password, you have to create a password reset disk from Windows. This resetting needs to be performed before the recovery process, so if you’re struggling without preparations, then clip this out of your options.
Open the start menu and start typing “Create a password reset link”. A wizard will appear on the screen and guide you further. It’s simple and reliable for almost any Windows.
- Totally reliable
- Easy and Simple To Follow
- Applicable in all Windows
- Easy to burn ISO file
- Pre-setup needed
- Recovery won’t work if initial iso is not created
UBCD Password Recovery tool
Apart from the windows password recovery, the tool has so much more to offer, but here we will mainly focus on password recovery.
Though many Windows Password Recovery Tools have some of their limitations and most of them has been eliminated to a greater extent by UBCD password recovery. The software name abbreviation is ultimate boot CD password recovery tool.
The tool enables you to perform floppy-based diagnostics, which are consolidated all together into one bootable CD. Install the latest version of UBCD in ISO form and burn it to a disk or a USB drive.
Once the booting is complete, plug in the drive to the locked PC. On the boot menu, you will see “Parted Magic”. Go to that option and hit enter. That’s it you’re now good to begin resetting process.
A new window shows up asking about the drive partitions. Select the correct option to begin the Chntpw utility service. Now follow the on-screen instructions to select the users and modify or delete the passwords. Once you’re done with this process, press q and enter to quit and y and enter to confirm the changes made.
- Quick and easy process
- Less technicality required
- Updates can be critical
- Beta versions are test softwares and can cause problems.
PassMoz Windows Password Recovery
The specialty about Passmoz is that it is incredibly faster than all other tools and built with straightforward UI for enhanced customer experience. Though the service is not free, each penny is worth spending.
The specialty about PassMoz recovery of all the other Windows Password Recovery Tools, this doesn’t go Brute force rather directly removes the password.
There are multiple tutorials which can correctly speak out about its setup and running setup, and so you’ve got covered for everything with this fantastic software.
- Unlike Windows Password Recovery Tools, no Brute Force login, clean and friendly process.
- Fast and efficient
- Intuitive and user friendly UI
- Paid Subscription required
Here we discussed some of the best Windows Password Recovery Tools. We hope you liked our guide. In case you have any questions, feel free to ask below.