What if you have been spending past few weeks and months working on something on the MS Word and one day you wake up to find out that the file that you have been typing and working on since all these days has been deleted somehow. This can happen because you might have accidentally deleted the word document while removing something else. Be it a draft of your next novel, a thesis that you have to submit, your research document or a big project that you have to present to your boss.
Sometimes the word document might get deleted from your computer due to various reasons. This problem is a severe and frustrating problem. On getting this problem, a person gets completely frustrated and devastated. Months of work can be gone in a snap if when something like this happens.
It is because of problems like this that back up your word file to a cloud-based storage or a portable storage device like pen-drive is highly recommended. Backing up considered a safe and sensible thing to do for keeping your word file safe. If you have no backup of your word file and somehow it got deleted, there are some ways that you can try recover your word document. Following are some simple steps to retrieve word document.
Recover Word Document
Try to Recover from Recycle bin
All deleted files in your computer go to recycle bin (Unless you use Shift+delete button). If you cannot locate the word document anywhere on your PC, you should go to recycle bin. The recycle might have the document that you are looking for. You can get that word document back from the recycle bin to your computer by restoring it. Follow these simple steps for restoring your Word document from the recycle bin.
- Open Recycle bin.
- Locate the word document.
- Single click on the word document.
- Click on “restore this item” option on the right top of the screen.
Your word document will be successfully restored to our computer.
Recover the Backup File
The MS Word automatically backups all your word documents to your PC itself. If you accidentally deleted your Word file, you should look for its backup file. For finding and opening the backup file of your deleted word document, follow these simple steps.
- Open MS Word.
- Click on the File menu.
- Hit Open>>Computer>>Browse.
- Navigate to the folder in which you had saved your word document before it got deleted.
- Click on All files in the List of Files option.
- You will find a backup file in the name of “backup of” followed by the name of the file that you had saved it before.
- Locate the file and open it.
EaseUS Data Recovery Software
EaseUS is a data recovery software. If you were not able to recover your word document even after trying both the steps mentioned above, you could retrieve your lost word document with the help of EaseUS data recovery software.
This is a professional tool which can be used for healing or recover word document, excel file, PPT, etc. This tool can be used on Mac and Windows. This is the ultimate data recovery software. This software is your last hope for recovering deleted word documents.
For finding and recovering lost word documents using EaseUS, follow these simple steps.
- Get EaseUS from here.
- Launch and install the software once it is downloaded.
- Click on Scan.
- The EaseUS will perform two scans- a quick scan and a deep scan.
- Once both the scans are completed, the software will show the preview of all the word documents that have been deleted.
- Also, you can preview the deleted word document and Recover Word Document to a safe location on your PC again by clicking on the restore button.