Tom Clancy’s The Division is an online-only, action role-playing video game developed by Massive Entertainment and published by Ubisoft, with assistance from Red Storm Entertainment, for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The error Delta 20000984 primarily refers to a server overload. Here players get disconnected from the game, especially during multiplayer mode. You can try the following steps to fix it:
Table of Contents
6 Ways to Fix Delta 20000984 Error
Sometimes the anti-virus software or firewall software might be creating problems. To resolve you will need to follow the given steps:
- First, you will need to update any anti-virus or personal firewall software that may be installed on your computer.
- For 3rd party software check with the appropriate software vendor for details on updating the software.
- Do not forget to check the Windows Firewall which may block the game from accessing the Internet. (Please note that to update your Windows Firewall definitions you will need to keep your Windows Updates up to date.)
You can access the Windows Firewall through the control panel and change the settings there. if it doesn’t fix Delta 20000984 error then simply navigate to next solution.
Note: – If updating these programs does not resolve the issue, you may need to configure the software to allow access to the specific application. This is done through the exe list which might be named something other depending on your software. Do remember to add the exe for both the game and Uplay when adding the game an exception.
See also: – 25 Best RainMeter Skins for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 – TechWhoop
If the above-given method does not resolve the issue, you will have to forward ports to fix the error. You need to forward these ports to your computer’s IP address for the best available possible connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 14000, 14008, 14020, 14021, 14022, 14023 and 14024.
UDP: 33000 to 33499
TCP: 27015, 51000, 55000 to 55999, 56000 to 56999
Directions for configuring network ports are specific to the software and hardware being used and can be found by visiting the manufacturer’s website. Most probably, it will fix Delta 20000984 issue.
You may also encounter problems due to applications running in the background on your computer system. If you are struggling problems playing online, please try closing all running background applications before starting your game. To close the background applications follow the given steps:
- Click on ‘Start’ and type ‘MSCONFIG’ into the Search box.
- Press OK.
- The ‘System Configuration Utility’ on the ‘General’ tab will open up.
- Click on the ‘Startup’ tab, and then click the ‘Disable All’ button.
- Hit OK and then restart your system.
Note: – On Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 the start-up programs can be switched off directly from the Task Manager. To disable a program, right click on it and from the menu chose Disable.
The host’s file is a small text file which is part of the Windows operating system. This can be used to route traffic and also to block a website.
It should be cleaned or reset to make sure it doesn’t interfere with the multiplayer settings of the game.
To clean your host’s file, you have to follow the steps mentioned here. Hope, it will resolve Delta 20000984 error.
Traffic Throttling/Blocked Ports
Another reason for this can be specific restrictions set by your Internet service provider(ISP). If you continue to have trouble, please contact your ISP for details on any specific limits on the previously mentioned network ports.
- You can try disabling and enabling UPnP on your router. Make sure to reset the router and then try the game each time.
- If you are still unable to connect, you will have to flush the DNS cache:
- Click on ‘Start’.
- Enter ‘cmd’ in the Start menu search box.
- Right-click on ‘Command Prompt’ and then select ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Next, you will have to run this command: ipconfig/flushdns.
- If you have Steam version of the game, you need to check the game cache in steam. Once on your computer, download the necessary files.
- Error Delta 20000984 can be solved by restarting the game or restart the computer.
I hope the given methods helped you to continue your game without any errors.