Did you also face Class Not Registered error on your Windows PC? Fed up with all these errors on your PC? Want to get rid of them as soon as possible? It’s not easy when you are working on something important, and you just start facing some stupid errors which a beginner doesn’t know how to handle.
So we get irritated and just stop working. This error doesn’t require any computer mechanic, and it can be easily solved by ourselves, but we just don’t know how to do so.
Table of Contents
What does class not registered mean?
This explorer.exe class not registered error makes you unable to open and use Microsoft Edge, Start Menu, Internet Explorer and Cortana. It can be caused due to various reasons like an unsupported default web browser, corrupted files in your system or a faulty HDD.
9 Ways to Fix Class Not Registered Error
Just follow these methods to get rid of these errors: –
The type of error is disabled some installed applications as they may not support the proper running of a program. So if you face “Class not registered” error then you need to disable iCloud for the proper functioning of your PC. Just follow these steps to disable iCloud on your PC.
- Open task manager on your desktop. Just click Ctrl+Alt+Del to open task manager.
- Now in task manager select iCloud.
- Just right-click on iCloud then select End task from the list of options.
- This will ultimately stop iCloud if it is running in the background.
Now to disable iCloud just open task manager and then select iCloud. Now right click on iCloud and select disable to disable iCloud.
Even if you are suffering such failure, then you can delete the iCloud application from your Windows PC so that you don’t encounter such mistakes next time. Hope, it solves class not registered error for you.
See Also: Top 10 Best iCloud Bypass Tools – TechWhoop
Create a New Microsoft Account
Now even if you are facing the same error or you don’t have iCloud installed in your PC. However, if you are still facing such issues then you can try by changing the Microsoft account t from the PC. Just delete the previous account form your PC and now log in to your new account so that you don’t get such issues.
To create a new account, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Just go to settings.
- Now select the account and just click on family and others account.
- Now click on add someone else.
- By clicking the button, you get a new dialogue box opened in which you need to sign in with the persons Microsoft account you want to log in with.
- If you don’t know the mail-id and password, then you can select “don’t know the mail-id”.
- By doing so, you need to create a username and password to create a new account, and thus you will be logged in by that account.
- Therefore you can easily create an account and get rid of the class not registered error.
By Using Component Services
The other solution to the error is by just clearing all the component services.
- Open the RUN dialogue box by just pressing Win+R.
- Now just type dcomcnfg.
- It opens the component services, and now you need to select my computer from the list of options.
- Now click on DCOM configuration.
- You will get few warning messages, just click yes on every message.
- Now just restart your computer and you will get rid of the error you are facing.
Re-register Explorer Frame.dll file
- If you are not logged in to your admin account, then you can just log in to your admin account.
- Or just open a command prompt as admin from the guest account.
- Now just type the code regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll
- Now just click enter and thus the error won’t persist.
Change Default Image Viewer
If you get “class not registered.jpeg” error in windows then just make Windows photo viewer as your default image viewer. Not to mention, as your registered.jpeg errors. These are the steps to do it: –
- Go to any .jpg image and right-click on it.
- Choose “another app” as your Open With option.
- Select Windows Photo Viewer and click on “Always use this app.”
Restart Windows Explorer
Follow these steps to remedy the “class not registered” error with this method: –
- Press “Ctrl+Alt+Del’ on your keypad.
- Click on Task Manager.
- Go to the ‘Processes’ tab.
- Select Windows Explorer under this tab by right-clicking on it.
- Click on ‘Restart.’
- This would initiate a reboot for Windows Explorer.
Reset Default App
Default apps like Google Chrome could stem this error. To reset your Default App, you may follow these steps: –
- Search for ‘Default Apps’ in the search bar of your PC.
- In Default Apps, there’ll be an option at the bottom of the page to reset to Microsoft Recommendations. Click the “Reset” button.
Change Default Browser
If you change your web browser to Edge or Internet Explorer, which are made by Microsoft, you might be able to fix this issue. It might also allow you to troubleshoot the error. Follow these steps to change your default web browser: –
- Search for ‘Default Apps’ in the search bar of your PC.
- Search for your Web Browser in default apps. Click on it.
- Select either Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer as your default browser.
- If the error still persists, switch back to your previous browser.
Run a System File Checker for your device
This will check if your system has any corrupted files which might be causing the error, or failing the other methods you’ve tried. These are the steps to run a System File Checker: –
- Search “cmd” in the search bar of your PC.
- Click on Command Prompt. Select the option of “Run as Administrator.”
- Type sfc/scannow in the command line.
- Press Enter and wait for your system to scan for any corrupted files on your Windows device.
If you have tried all these options and even then you are still facing the same error, and this time it’s irritating then there’s one option left. Now, this time just replace the defective hard disk. Also, replacing your HDD and then try working on your PC.
These were some of the methods by which you can quickly get rid of the error and even in future in your face such problem you can easily get rid of it by your own without anyone’s consultation.