You finally got your hands on a PS5, but your old PS4 games are gathering dust because you can’t figure out how to connect a PS5 controller to a PS4 without a PC. We’re here to help you with this complete step-by-step guide!
There are several methods for connecting a PS5 controller to a PS4 without using a PC. One of the myriad ways is to use the remote play app that will help you connect the two controllers. Finally, you can also use Bluetooth to connect the two controllers together.
Do you want to use your PS5 controller with your PS4 but don’t want to deal with the hassle of connecting it to a PC first? If so, we have an impeccable solution for you.
- 1 Can A PS5 Controller Be Used On A PS4?
- 2 How can I link a PS5 controller to a PS4 without using a computer?
- 3 How can you connect a PS5 controller to a PS4 without using the Remote Play app?
- 4 FAQs
- 4.1 My wireless controller uses the AA batteries that I usually use with it to power its receiver. Can I use these batteries in my PS4 too?
- 4.2 What is the maximum number of wireless controllers that I can connect to the PS4 at once?
- 4.3 Are all the wireless controllers compatible with the PS4?
- 4.4 Does my controller need an upgrade before I can use it with the PS4?
- 5 CONCLUSION
Can A PS5 Controller Be Used On A PS4?
If you’re a gamer, you’re probably wondering if you can use the new PS5 controller on your PS4 or does a PS5 controller work on your PS4. The short answer is yes. The PS5 controller can indeed be used on a PS4 console. However, you must link it to the PS4 via different applications. Once connected, you’ll be able to use all of the PS5 controller’s features, including the trackpad, on your PS4.
In addition, you’ll need to have a PS4 console that has been updated to the latest firmware in order to use the PS5 controller. If your PS4 is not up to date, you’ll need to update it before you can start using the new controller.
So if you’re looking to get a little extra use out of your PS5 controller, or you just want to see what all the fuss is about, go ahead and give it a try on your PS4. The level of enjoyment you experience might surprise you.
PlayStation fans have likely heard of the PlayStation Remote Play feature. This feature allows you to use PS5 on your PS4 without using up all of your system’s resources. Let’s Learn how to play PS4 games with the Playstation 5 controller in just a few simple steps:
Install the Playstation app
The PS Remote Play app can be quickly downloaded and installed by going to Sony’s official website.
Put your PS4 in sleep mode.
Once you enter the rest mode, it will display “Putting PS4 on rest mode.“
Configure Remote Play on Your PS4
- Check that your PS4 is online and that your PlayStation Network account is active.
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- Then click on “Remote Play Connection Setting.”
- “Enable Remote Play” should be selected.
- Return to “Settings.”
- Choose “Account Management.”
- Then select “Make This Your Primary PS4“.
- Click the “Activate” button to enable Remote Play to connect to and stream from the PlayStation 4 designated as your primary console.
- Finally, return to the main Settings page.
- Choose “Power Save Settings.”
- Select “Make Rest Mode Features Available.”
- Finally, enable the “Enable Turning on PS4 from Network” option to begin Remote Play and Choose Enable Remote Play.
Start the Remote Play App after connecting your Dual Sense Controller to your device.
To get started, use the PS Remote Play software on your device.
Customize the Setting Preferences
Now connect the remote play app. On the main screen, click the “Settings” button and choose your preferred video quality option for Remote Play. You can change the settings to choose the graphical choices you like.
You’ve successfully connected your PS5 controller to your PS4. If you follow the steps correctly, you should be able to play your games on PS4 using the PS5 controller!
How can you connect a PS5 controller to a PS4 without using the Remote Play app?
Do you want to use your PS5 controller with your PS4? Need to pair your PS5 controller to your PS4 quickly but don’t have a working controller on hand? If you want to use your PS5 controller with your PS4, then Bluetooth is the way to go!
If your PS4 and controller have Bluetooth enabled, you can connect them wire-free using the console’s built-in Bluetooth menu. To connect this way,
1. To begin, ensure that your PS5 controller has a full battery.
2. Open the menu on your PlayStation (this will vary depending on which PlayStation you have) and go to Settings > Devices and Connections > Devices.
3. A list of associated devices should now appear. Make sure the PS5 controller is listed as being connected. If so, great! Your controller is ready to use with your PS4.
I hope this straightforward technique satisfies your need to know how to connect a PS5 controller to a PS4 without using Remote Play. Also, read the best ways to change the battery of your PS4 controller.
Otherwise, you may need to change the Bluetooth mode from “Wireless” to “Bluetooth.” Simply disconnect the controller from the console before plugging it back in. Once the controller has restarted, you should be able to see the console in the list of connected devices. Once finished with all this, you’re ready to play!
My wireless controller uses the AA batteries that I usually use with it to power its receiver. Can I use these batteries in my PS4 too?
In most cases, yes. One can use these batteries to power devices other than a wireless controller, including audio devices such as headphones and speakers. So as long as the battery has the right voltage and capacity for your controller, you can take advantage of it to power the PS4.
What is the maximum number of wireless controllers that I can connect to the PS4 at once?
The maximum amount of wireless controllers that one can connect to the PS4 at the same time depends on the model of the console you have.
Are all the wireless controllers compatible with the PS4?
All wireless controllers are compatible with the PS4 except the PS Vita Wireless Controllers and the PS TV Wireless Controller, which are specially designed for use with the PlayStation Vita and PS TV respectively. Therefore, you can use any wireless controller with your PS4 as long as Sony supports it.
Does my controller need an upgrade before I can use it with the PS4?
Not necessarily. If your controller meets the minimum requirements for connectivity, then you will be able to use it with your PS4 without having to update it beforehand.
So here is all the information you were looking for. It is possible to connect a PS5 controller to a PS4 using Bluetooth and the Remote Play app. Moreover, The process is relatively simple and does not require any special tools or accessories. With a little patience, you should be able to get your PS5 controller up and running on your PS4 in no time. You can enjoy your PS4 games to the fullest.