This article is a guide on how to open exe files on android. Many how-to articles are written by people who have a Mac or PC, and they’ll tell you to “drag and drop” the File onto your computer’s desktop.
If only it were that simple on Android! In this article, we’ll show you how to open exe files on Android so that you can go about your day in peace.
- 1 How To Open .exe Files On Android
- 2 Steps To Follow If You Want To Edit A Document
- 3 Apps To Help You In Opening exe Files On Android
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Conclusion
How To Open .exe Files On Android
You just need to follow these simple steps to learn how to open .exe files on Android:
For Phones Using Android 2. x
- Tap the “Home” button and open the “Downloads” application.From here, tap the File that you wish to open. This will bring up a list of applications that may open the File. If you have already downloaded a file manager app, select it. If not, choose “Downloads.”
- After doing this, your phone will ask you if you want to download a free or paid version of the file management application or if you want to keep searching for an app to open these files. Select “I don’t need it.”
- If prompted, touch OK, and follow the steps above with any other document-related apps that your phone asks about.
- On your phone, open the file manager application of your choosing. A great place to start is Documents by F-Droid. It has a free app called Documents that allows you to browse and download documents from other sources (such as Dropbox) or easily create new documents from files on your device. The app also has a document editor, which we’ll cover in a later step.
- Once you are in the file manager application, find the File you opened earlier and tap it again. If prompted, touch “Open”; otherwise, continue to step 6 below.
- After tapping “Open,” you will be asked to either open the File as a document or edit the File directly. For this article, we will open the File as a document and then show you how to edit it. Select “Open as Document” and select “OK.”
- At this point, you will see a new document appear on your phone with the name of the paper that was in your app.In addition, if you have installed a file manager on your phone (as we did in Step 5), it will be at the bottom of the list with its name. A great way to find files and folders is by using Search.
Steps To Follow If You Want To Edit A Document
- To edit a document, tap and hold down on the document name until an arrow appears. Tap this arrow and select “Edit.”
- Once you’re in Edit mode, try some of these touch-friendly features! Drag a word or line of text around with two fingers to select it. Double-tap the word or character you want to delete something.
- To select some text, single tap the text you want to select. Double-tap to select more than one word at a time. Long press on a word or line of code, and it will autocomplete for you. Tap “Done” when you are done editing to save your changes and exit edit mode.
Things To Remember After Editing A File
When editing an exe file, remember that there are a lot of syntaxes that need to be entered correctly for the program to run correctly. The whole point is to make sure that you can open executable files in your phone’s default browser to easily find them in your documents (actually, most anything after the .com is ignored by default).
Click here to know about the best file viewer softwares for Windows as well.
Apps To Help You In Opening exe Files On Android
These are some of the apps that can help you opening exe files on android:
Andy Beta App Player
The first exe file opener I recommend is Andy Beta App Player. It’s a player, meaning that it can run apps from an external location, but it’s also an emulator, meaning you can load in your ROMs and play them on Andy as if you were using an actual retro gaming console. Andy will start up and run any file type you throw at it, including any downloaded executable file type on your device.
You’re probably wondering if this will cause issues with your phone’s security or performance. The answer is no. The app is clean and doesn’t cause any problems on your phone.
Andy player is free in the Play Store. The developer also has another pro version that lets you play on your TV and even download emulators of gaming consoles like the PS3, Xbox 360, and others. You can download the app here.
Open File Manager Pro
Another app I recommend is Open File Manager Pro. This is just a file manager for Windows/Linux. The app has a terrible user interface design but does exactly what it says. It can run exe on Android and allow you to extract files from them.
If you can’t figure out how to do something with Linux or Windows, this free app will probably be your best bet for the next few months out of any other free Android file manager. While discussing file management, check out this article on nest file manager for Chromebook.
As part of the app is free, some paid features help you manage and connect to your phone’s files more easily. For $2.99, you can unlock all features in the app. You can download the app here.
You’ll need to install these apps before you can figure out how to open exe files on Android devices. After that, it will be easy to access any files you have downloaded from the web or other sources so that they can be opened by these apps or other ones like them. Unable to Open PDF Files on you Android Phone? Click here to know why and how to fix it.
Can you convert EXE to APK?
Yes, you can use the app converter provided by Google to convert your EXE files into APKs.
How do I run an exe file in Chrome OS?
To run an exe file in Chrome OS, simply place the File in a local folder that is supported by your Chromebook and then navigate to 'File'> 'Open with.' The correct application will be displayed.
How to run an exe file from USB on Android?
To run an exe file from USB, you need to install the program that has been installed on your PC and install it on your phone.
How to open exe files on Android ?
Click on File's option > Open with > choose the application you installed and choose your File. Done.
What are some free file managers that can be used to open exe files on Android?
There are many options in the Google Play Store. Some of them cost money and others are free. The open-source app AndroZip File Manager Pro is one option. It features a file type identifier that allows users to identify and preview unknown files before downloading or opening, such as exe files on Android. It also includes FTP support and cloud storage integration with Dropbox, Sugarsync, and Google Drive.
Running exe files on Android always comes in handy when you don’t want to carry your laptop everywhere around with yourself. So, I hope this article has helped in figuring out the same. Now you know how to open exe files on Android, and you can also go teach your family and friends about it!