Smart TVs are truly a blessing in today’s day and age. The advent of the streaming era brought with it so many applications for our entertainment. Today, we have Netflix, HULU, Disney +, and 100s more different streaming platforms. That being said, cable TV to this day is preferred by several individuals. A great application via which you can enjoy premium quality cable content is Sky Go, especially with an easy sky go mirroring hack.
Sky Go has been around forever and is one of the most preferred streaming platforms for cable TV lovers. That being said, Sky Go does have some drawbacks. The main drawback here is that you cannot directly enjoy Sky Go’s content on the big screen. However, there do exist some workarounds via which you can view cable TV via Sky Go on Android TV as well as other smart TVs. In this article, we will be iterating upon the sky go mirroring hack. After learning of this hack, you will never need to go back to enjoying Sky Go on smaller screens. So without much further ado, let’s get right into it.
Now before we get into explaining the sky go mirroring hack, let’s look into what the Sky Go app is. Now, the Sky Go app is basically an application via which you can enjoy your Sky Go cable content anytime, anywhere.
Sky Go Mirroring Hack – 2 Ways
If you’re here, you must be wondering, ‘can I put sky go on my smart tv’? Well, the answer to this question isn’t exactly straightforward. Unfortunately, the application doesn’t allow direct streaming on a smart TV. That being said, you can yet watch the content of off Sky Go by using our sky go mirroring hack. We are going to list a total of two ways via which you can get sky go to tv. They are as follows:
Our first sky goes mirroring hack is the sky go HDMI hack. This is one of the most popular and easy ways to enjoy Sky Go on the big screen. All you require is your laptop and an HDMI cable cord, and you’re good to go. Now, you could also use a VGA/DVI connection on older devices. You could also use a more flexible thunderbolt port, but frankly speaking, the HDMI method is the easiest. Here are step by step instructions to using an HDMI cable to view Sky Go on a smart TV:
- Commence by launching the Sky Go application on your respective laptop
- Next, search for exactly what you’d like to view on the app. Once you’ve selected what you’d like to view, go full screen.
- Next, link one end of your HDMI cable to your laptop and the next to your TV. You will most likely find this port on the side or back of your TV.
- Finally, ensure that you are on the correct HDMI input on the TV.
So here’s our easiest sky go mirroring hack. However, if you don’t have an HDMI cable, move on to the next method.
The next Sky Go smart tv hack on our list is to use screencast. Now, the prerequisites of this method include owning a Chromecast TV or dongle. Now a lot of rumors have been floating around about Sky Go’s compatibility with Chromecast. As of today, it is not possible to use Chromecast to view Sky Go on the big screen. Before you commence with the following steps, ensure that your Chromecast has been integrated with the Google Home app. Additionally, please ensure that your Chromecast as well as your iOS/Android device’s screen, which you wish to mirror as linked to the same Wi-Fi.
- Open up the Sky Go application on your Android/iOS device.
- Next, play the content that you wish to view on the big screen.
- Next, go to your apps column once again to launch the Google Home application.
- Now, select the Chromecast device.
- Select the Cast my Screen option. This will mirror your respective device’s screen to the TV.
- Finally, select the ‘Cast Screen’ option, which will come up on the next screen.
Alternatively, if you are on an Android device, you may also use the following method. That being said, please ensure that the device and Chromecast are linked to the same Wi-Fi.
- Link your Chromecast to the TV
- Go to the Settings app on your respective Android device.
- Next, select ‘Connected Devices’ and then ‘Connection Preferences.’
- Next, select the option of ‘Cast.’
- Ensure that you select your Chromecast’s name in order to secure a connection.
- You will get a pop-up now. Select Start Now, and your device’s screen will, at this point, be mirrored to your TV.
Once you’re done with these steps, you can launch the Sky Go app on your device and play whatever you like.
See Also: 5 Best Android Apps for Vizio TVs in 2021
So here’s our sky go mirroring hack in detail. One of these 2 ways is bound to work for you. Now, you can enjoy cable TV via the Sky Go application with ease. Recently, Sky Go has extended its support over 100 channels. Thus it’s bound to keep you busy during the times you’re bored!