Smart TVs have been all the rage for the past couple of years. With a smart TV, you receive the opportunity to stream movies, various TV shows, music, etc. As a result, there has been a sharp decline in the usage of set-top boxes. However, the experience of watching content on the big screen is incomparable. Now, depending on the smart TV you own, you have the opportunity to install various applications. However, the download of useful third party applications may not be possible. For example, if you’re a user of the LG smart TV, then you must keep in mind that LG runs on the Web operating system. Therefore, you won’t be able to download Android apps on it. Therefore, in this article, we will be detailing step by step instructions on how to install 3rd party apps on LG smart TV.
As previously iterated, LG smart TVs run on the WebOS, which is a Linux based operating system. As a result, you’re limited to the applications available in the LG content store. Therefore, if you’re trying to know how to install 3rd party apps on LG smart TV, then don’t worry; the process is fairly simple. However, keep in mind that it might involve spending a few bucks. All things said, the easiest way to get android applications on your LG smart TV is by investing in a streaming stick.
Find more: LG G4 Keeps Restarting? Here’s How to Fix It
What Is Streaming Stick?
A streaming stick is a device that allows you to stream TV shows, films, music, etc., in abundance. You can stream this content from popular streaming applications like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney plus, etc. Since the LG smart TV cannot support Android apps, streaming sticks are your next best option. You could purchase any streaming stick, for example, Roku, Amazon’s Firestick, etc. So that’s how to get apps on LG Smart TV, the easiest possible way.
Once you’ve got your streaming stick, you’re ready for setup. We recommend investing in Amazon’s Firestick for a couple of reasons. The first being that it is offered at a fairly reasonable rate for the features it supports. The second is that you obtain the chance to sideload an abundance of android applications to your amazon firestick with the help of a USB.
Before we get into how to add apps on LG smart tv, please ensure that you meet the following requirements before proceeding with setup.
- Ensure that your smart TV is compatible to work with the Firestick. The smart TV should have an HDMI port or be HD/UHD.
- Ensure that you have a strong Wi-Fi connection during the setup process.
- If you are using an Amazon forestick, then make sure that you own an Amazon account. If you do not, you will be prompted during the setup stage to make one.
Now that we’ve covered the necessities let’s get into the setup process.
Setting Up The Firestick
Here’s how to set up your amazon firestick
- Link the first end of the USB cable that came with the Firestick to the power adapter and the other end to the Firestick.
- Next, connect the Firestick to the HDMI port of the LG smart TV.
- Next, switch on your TV. Choose the HDMI source and utilize the remote to turn on the Firestick
- You have now successfully connected your LG smart TV to the Firestick.
- Next, link to Wi-Fi and follow all on-screen instructions hence.
So that’s how to set up your Amazon firestick. Next, we will be covering how to install 3rd party apps on LG smart tv with the help of the Firestick.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps On LG Smart TV
The amazon firestick itself offers a huge selection of apps. However, there yet exist several more apps that you may benefit from. Here is how to install apps on LG smart tv by sideloading them.
The first thing that you need to do is enable the developer option. Commence as follows
- Start by going into the device’s settings and selecting ‘Device/System.’
- Next, choose ‘Developer options.’
- Finally, enable the options ‘ABD Debugging’ and ‘Apps from unknown sources’
Now that you’ve enabled the developer option, you’re ready to sideload the application.
- Commence by installing ‘Downloader.’ Utilise the search option to find and download this application.
- Next, open up the app and insert the link address of the website of the application you wish to install in the browser field.
- Next, look out for the app you wanted to download on the application’s website.
- Select it and proceed to wait for this download to finish.
- Finally, choose install, and now the sideload app is ready.
So here’s how to install 3rd party apps on LG smart tv. Keep in mind that you can always find a wide array of applications on the LG content store itself. However, if you really want a particular third party application, then try out the aforementioned methods for yourself!
See Also: 9 Ways to Fix LG G4 Won’t Turn On Error