It needs to be updated from time to time; the old version might contain holes that allow malware to reach your computer without you doing anything.
Table of Contents
Change in settings
The best way to keep your Java updated is to change the update settings and set it to auto-update.
- Go to the control panel and launch Java Control Panel.
- Click on the ‘Update’ to access the settings.
- Press on ‘Check Updates Automatically’ to set it in an auto update.
- Click OK to apply changes.
- Open your browser and navigate to the Java website.
- Click the ‘Download’ button at the top of the screen.
- Once you click on the Download button, a window will pop up with the terms of the End User License Agreement. Click on ‘Agree and Start Free Download’ at the bottom to download the software for free.
- Choose the file where you would like to save the installation file.
- Now go to that open, double-click on it, and follow the instructions to download.
- Reboot your computer once the installation process is over.
Update your Browser.
See also: 6 Best Apps for College Students to Simplify Your College Life
See also: 4 Tips To Fix Java Virtual Machine Launcher Errors – TechWhoop’s Guide