It needs to be updated time to time the old version might contain some holes which allow malware to reach to your computer without you doing anything.
Change in settings
The best way to keep your Java updated is to change the update settings and set it to auto-update.
- Go to control panel and launch Java Control Panel.
- Click on the ‘Update’ to access the settings.
- Press on ‘Check Updates Automatically’ to set it in auto update.
- Click OK to apply changes.
- Open your browser and navigate to Java website.
- Click ‘Download’ button at the top of the screen.
- Once you click on the Download button, and a window will popup with the terms of End User License Agreement. Click on ‘Agree and Start Free Download’ at the bottom to download the software for free.
- Choose the file where you would like to save the installation file.
- Now go to that open, double-click on it and follow the instructions to download.
- Reboot your computer once the installation process is over.
Simply update your Browser