Applications are the way to go for our generation, whether they are web apps or some other kind applications. There are so many of these for literally everything that we are spoilt for choice. Some apps help you cook and some keep track of your fitness. Some keep track of your movement, even the number of hours you sleep. In that race, there is an app that goes by the name discord. This app is something special, its a chat and voice call app, but it allows you to create channels over which users have hearty conversations and add servers to customize what the app does for them. You can also cross out texts in discord along with using emotes and gifs on your server. But for that to happen, you got to know how to add bots to a discord server.
Saying a few lines about Discord, it is an app that, via its communicating channels and advanced servers, aims to form and promote a better relationship between all communities of people, adding distinctive touches to the app by adding a bot to the discord server. No matter who you are or what you do, you can always interact with people with the same or different interests as yours.
Why You Add Bots To The Discord Server?
Over the years, Discord has gained a vast popularity resulting which in today’s date there are above 45 millions users using the Discord Bots. It has made an impression on its users by its customizable functionalities and sometimes the ability to perform substantial and influential tasks despite being such an accessible and user-friendly User Interface.
If you are not satisfied with the inbuilt functionalities then also get an option where you can choose and select to add more features to it. You can add bots to a discord server very quickly, and that’s what makes it so adaptable by the gamers.
Being a beginner, you might have faced a problem in a while, adding Bots to your server or might just get confused about how to add them or what are the steps to be followed. Do not worry; we are here to help you come out of this situation with ease.
Got A Bot Picked To Get That Added Functionality? Here’s How You Add it
I’m assuming that you already have a user account to your name. If you do, enter your credentials to proceed towards knowing how to add discord bots. On the other hand, if you are a new user, trying to get first-hand information about how do you add bots to Discord, you’ve got to get an account first before we get going.
You have to make sure that while you learn how to add bots in a discord server, you have all the permission to manage the servers.
Obtaining permissions includes the procedures mentioned below:
- Find and go to the General Permissions in your server settings.
- There you will find a slide with a number of options on it.
- Click or Tap to tick on Manage Server option, this will to verify the permission from the server.
In this step, we deal with the formalities related to the admin access. It’ll be better if you are the admin and are making alterations to that. However, if that isn’t the case, you’d instead ask the admin beforehand about what you want to do.
But first, you need to ensure that the Bot you are adding is a genuine or authorized bot.
- Go to the official site of your desire Bot and click on the ‘Add Bot to Server’ option.
- For adding a Bot to the Discord server, go to the Discord’s site, and you will find a number of bots for your server.
- Click on ‘Invite,’ and you will be redirected to a new activity asking for permission.
- Choose your Server to which you want to add the bot.
- You will get a drop-down box from where you have to select the server to which you want to add the bot.
- But, if you ‘re going to add Bot to the Discord server, you need to be a bit careful while choosing the specific server.
Next up, you should figure out where to get those bots and what functionality you require; otherwise, things can get messy. There are some websites where you can get them quickly. One such platform is Carbonitex. I’m telling you this because the options to add bot or invite will vary according to these sites. Even if you have a cellphone and want to know how to add bots to the discord server on mobile, this is also applicable.
So what you are supposed to do if figure out where the bot is, get it by clicking whichever button they have. Go through the wizards to complete the installation, do the authorizations, and that’s to answer the ‘how to add bots to a discord server question.’
You might have to get through the very annoying captcha to know how to add bots to the discord server. Once you are done, you’ll be able to spot that bot where the sidebar is located. Something to add to that? Well yeah, make sure you do everything using one browser; otherwise, there are chances you’ll have trouble finding the server of your choice on the bot’s platform.
- This is the second last step where you need to authorize the bot. Just click on the ‘Authorize’ option and within few moments it will be added to the server and you can that in the sidebar of the server once it gets added.
- In the final step, all you need to need to do is click on ‘Save Changes.’ This will execute all the changes you made and add the Bot to the server successfully.
So that was about how to add bots to a discord server and take your experience with Discord to a whole new high level by doing just a bit of tinkering. You can add just about every server as it is valid for all of them. Go on, play your games, or listen to whatever you want to, without moving a lot of muscles.
Keep visiting for more such articles.
Also check out our list of best public Discord servers. Click here!
Is your discord failing to update? Click here to solve this problem!