Taking screenshots is a nifty way of saving important pieces of information that you might need to refer to at a later date. You can always copy-paste the data. However, taking a screenshot or a screen capture is the next best option when that isn’t possible. Additionally, with the developments seen in today’s technology, you can get screen recordings of your computer as well. However, keeping this simple, in today’s article, we will be covering how to screenshot on an Asus laptop. So without further ado, let’s get right into it.
For starters, there are many different ways via which you can capture a screenshot. Each of these methods depends on what part of your computer’s screen captures an image. We will be going over each of these methods in detail. So here’s how to take a screenshot on Asus laptop- 5 different ways.
How to Screenshot on Asus laptop
Read the following ways to learn how to take screenshots on an Asus laptop:
Screenshot The Whole Window
To take a screenshot of your whole screen, all you have to do is press the ‘PrtSc’ key. Next, you will need to save the screenshot by pasting it into the Paint program. Here is how to screenshot on Asus desktop the whole screen step by step.
- Press ‘PrtScr’ to copy your entire screen to your device’s clipboard.
- Press the Windows key and search for ‘Paint.’ Click on it and open the program.
- Use shortcut Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot.
- Finally, hit Ctrl+S to save the screenshot.
Now, if you’re on a Windows 8 or Windows 10 device, the process is a little different. Here is how you can do so:
- Press the ‘PrtScr’ and the windows key at the same time.
- Next, go to ‘C:\Users\[Your Name]\Pictures\Screenshots’ to view the screenshot. If you’re utilizing one drive to sync your photographs, go to the following address on your desktop: C:\Users\[Your Name]\[Your OneDrive folder name]\Pictures\Screenshots.
- You can also save it by using the Paint program if you wish.
Screenshot An Active Window
Now, if you don’t wish to take a screenshot of your entire desktop, that is possible too. You can take a screenshot of the page that you’re on. Here is how to take a screenshot on an Asus laptop of an active page.
- Click anywhere on the window which you wish to screenshot to make it the active window.
- Next, press ‘Alt’ and ‘PrtScr’ at the same time. This will take a screenshot of the active window.
- Next, press the Windows key and search for ‘Paint.’ Like in the previous procedure.
- Use the shortcut Ctrl+V to paste your screenshot into the Paint program.
- Finally, press Ctrl+S to save this screenshot.
So that’s how to screenshot on Asus desktop and laptop. Now, if you wish to customize the screenshot a bit further, read on.
A Custom Screenshot
- Use shortcut Windows Key + Shift + S.
- Select and drag your mouse to select the area you wish to screenshot.
- Next, go to the paint program and use the shortcut Ctrl+V to save the screenshot.
- Finally, use the shortcut Ctrl+S to save the screenshot.
Alternative Ways To Screenshot On Asus Laptop
Here are some alternatives that you can use to take screenshots:
Now, if you don’t have Windows 10, you can yet customize your screenshot. You can do so by utilizing the in-built windows snipping tool. To utilize this tool, commence as follows:
- Look up the Snipping Tool from the taskbar and proceed to click on it to launch the program.
- Select ‘New’ on the Snipping Tool program.
- Click and Drag your mouse to select the area of your screen you wish to screenshot.
- Finally, in the pop-up window, select the Save Snip icon to save the screenshot.
Third-Party Programs To Take Screenshots On Asus Laptop
You can use various third-party tools to take and customize your screenshots. Some of these include Lightshot, FireShot, and Nimbus Screenshot & Video Recorder. These programs are free of charge to use.
Now, if you’re looking for a more powerful tool to take and edit screenshots, you can use Snagit. Overall, it makes the whole process of taking and editing the screenshot easier for you. So here is how to screenshot on an Asus computer by using Snagit.
- Commence by downloading Snagit onto your desktop.
- Once installed, click on the Capture button after signing into the application.
- Click and drag to select your custom area.
- Next, select the camera icon to screenshot the area selected.
- You can further edit this screenshot by using the Snagit Editor.
- Finally, select Ctrl + S to save the screenshot.
Final Words (How To Screenshot On Asus Laptop)
So here’s how to screenshot on an Asus laptop. Now depending on your requirement for which you’re taking the screenshot, you can opt for any of the aforementioned methods. However, if you’re taking the screenshot for some professional purpose, then we do recommend using third-party installations as they can render you much better results.