The Realtek HD Audio Manager is an ideal software to effectively use and control your PC’s sound system. It allows you to communicate directly with sound cards and speakers built in your motherboard, hence acting as a control panel. It also automatically recognizes new audio devices like earphones or microphones trying to connect to your PC. However, often there are times when you can’t find Realtek HD, audio manager.
This can generally be because the newest version available online for installation has some faults, or the correct version suitable for your device type hasn’t been installed. This error has been seen frequently with Realtek audio manager windows 10. That being said, it is a useful application to keep on your device as iterated before, so here are some simple measures to fix the Realtek HD audio manager missing from the control panel.
Method 1-Enabling The Software From Task Manager
To solve the Realtek HD audio manager missing issue, you can first start off by using this simple rectification process.
- Start by opening up the ‘Task Manager.’ You can do so by right-clicking on any empty space on the taskbar, then selecting it from the given set of options that come up.
- Next, from the set of options on the top, select the ‘Startup’ tab.
- Scroll down and look for the Realtek HD audio manager. If its status is disabled, then right-click to select the enable option.
- Finally, restart your computer, after which you can check the taskbar. The icon should display up.
If this has not fixed your Realtek HD audio manager missing issue, then the next method might help.
Method 2 – Update The Audio Drivers
Another foolproof approach to solving the Realtek HD audio manager’s typical problem is updating the PC’s audio drivers. Try using the subsequent procedure.
- Begin by typing ‘Device Manager’ into the taskbar.
- Select and look for ‘sound, video and game controllers’.
- Open the folder and see Realtek HD audio.
- Right-click on those mentioned above and then select ‘update driver.’
- Finally, a window will come up, select the option from it titled ‘search automatically for 6. updated drive and software’.
- Restart your electronic device after the update process gets done.
- Now, locate the icon via surveying the control panel.
Learn how to solve ‘No Audio Output Device is Installed’ Error. Click here!
Method 3- Reinstalling The Software
Several sources online offer the audio drivers to download, but most of them don’t work. So if you already possess the software on your device, start off by uninstalling it. To do so,
- Begin by inputting ‘Control Panel’ into the search bar, then click it.
- Modify the ‘view by’ option from ‘category’ to ‘large icons’
- Next, choose ‘Programs and Features.’
- Select ‘Realtek HD audio driver’ and proceed to uninstall it.
- Once the uninstallation is over, a prompt will come up, requiring a restart of the PC. Select ‘Yes’ and permit the same.
Now that the software has been uninstalled, it is time to delete the Realtek files from your PC. This step depends on whether you hold these files or not. Not having it is completely fine. You can directly continue with installing the software.
Delete The Program FIles
- Click on ‘This PC’
- Select ‘Local Disk C’
- Select ‘Program files’ and locate the Realtek folder. Right-click, then delete it.
- Next, return to the ‘Local Disk C’ options. Select ‘Program files(x86). right-click and delete.
Now, begin with the installation. Start by copy-pasting the given link, which will direct you to a website from which you’ll be ready to download the application without any faults.
- Click on “https://www.station-drivers.com/index…” or go directly to Realtek’s website.
- Find and select the appropriate software for your device. Ensure its the newest version
- After the download is complete, right-click, select ‘show in folder.’
- Now double click the file, click on the three dots that show up on the tab that pops up. This will open the ‘browse for files’ option.
- Now select the ‘make new folder’ option from below and name it ‘Realtek.’
- Select ‘okay.’ Afterwards, click on ‘extract.’
- Once the process is complete, click on the new folder and search for ‘setup.exe.’ Double click. Allow it to make changes to the PC by selecting the ‘yes’ option.
- Select the ‘yes’ option again on the new tab that pops up and finally, select the ‘I want to restart my PC’ option and click on ‘finish.’
Now that the software has been downloaded, you can once again click on the ‘start menu’ option, search for ‘control panel,’ click on it, and after that, you will find the missing Realtek audio manager.
Click here! to know about 10 Best USB Audio Interface In 2020.
So here are the most straightforward solutions on the web to solving the Realtek HD audio manager missing problem. The software does tend to cause trouble occasionally due to windows updates or if the drivers haven’t been installed correctly, but these simple solutions should rectify the error.
Visit: Youtube for a detailed step by step video on rectifying this problem.
Also read our article about 6 Best Audio Enhancer Tools for Windows. Click here!