Telcel America is a wireless cell phone service under TracFone Wireless Inc., which is the largest no-contract service provider for cell phones in America. It provides lightning-fast 4G LTE connections in the area. Telcel America offers phones from famous manufacturers like Motorola, Nokia, LG and Samsung. Thus, you must know about Telcel America APN Settings.
It boasts a nationwide wireless coverage with good signal strength in every corner. If you don’t know how to change the APN settings, you can start going through the Step by Step procedure is given below. If you already know how and where to enter the settings, you can skip to the APN configuration.
Step by Step Procedure for Telcel America APN Settings
This part should be followed if you are new to your phone or don’t know where to enter the Telcel America APN settings. If you know your way around your device and can figure out how and where to enter the APN configuration, you can skip to the configuration.
Choose the platform you are on and then follow the given steps for setting it up accordingly:
Telcel America APN Settings for iOS Devices
- Head to the settings app by tapping it
- Navigate to the Cellular category and tap it
- Tap on the Cellular Data Options button
- Click the Cellular Network button
- To change the settings, tap the field you want to edit and enter the details as per your requirements. Enter the Telcel America APN settings in these fields as given above according to your provider
If you are using an iPhone device outside of the USA, follow these steps:
- Head to the settings app by tapping it.
- Navigate to the Mobile Data category and tap it.
- Tap on the Mobile Data Options button.
- Click the Mobile Data Network button.
- To change the settings, tap the field you want to edit and enter the details as per your requirements. Enter the Telcel America APN settings in these fields as given above according to your provider.
Telcel America APN Settings for Android Devices
- Go to the settings menu by tapping the gear icon in the app menu
- Open Mobile Networks by tapping it
- Tap the menu button (three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen)
- Tap on New APN button
- Enter the new settings in the corresponding fields by tapping them and entering the desired information. Enter the Telcel America APN settings in these fields as given above according to your provider
- Once you are done, tap the save button to save the changes you made
Latest Settings: Android Oreo (8.0) or higher
- Go to the settings menu by tapping the gear icon in the app menu From the list, select Network & Internet by tapping it.
- Tap on Mobile Network.
- Click on the arrow icon next to Advances on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Access Point Names to open the APNs menu.
- Click on the Add button in the top right corner (a plus “+” symbol).
- Here, select the respective field and enter the details. Enter the Telcel America APN settings in these fields as given above according to your provider.
- When done, click on the menu button (the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen) and tap on Save.
It is recommended that these change in settings of your wireless connection is only done if you know how to reset it back to the original settings.
Also, you should be familiar with the working and settings of the operating system that your device runs on. DO NOT touch or change any other settings as they might lead your device not to function properly.
Advanced users who already know how to set the Telcel America settings of APN up by themselves can make use of the settings given below directly. For others who don’t know where to enter these settings, please refer to the step by step procedure given above.
Telcel America APN Settings
- Name: TelCel Wireless
- APN: wap.tracfone
- Proxy: 184.108.40.206
- Port: 8080
- MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
- MMS proxy: 220.127.116.11
- MMS port: 8080
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 260
- APN type: default,supl,mms
Once you are done setting up your new APN settings, activate them and restart your device. Once it starts up to check if they work. If they don’t and you are not getting any network, go back and select your old APN settings. Again restart your device for the changes to take effect.
Also, you can connect to the 4G LTE service only if you have an LTE compatible phone. The coverage under LTE connection varies with the area you are in and the hardware of the device you are using it on.
You might also like:
The Unlimited International Long Distance plan is the most famous plan provided by Telcel America.
You pay $60 a month to receiver many features like unlimited international calls and text to many international destinations. These include the landlines in Mexico and also give 1000 minutes of talk time to mobile phones in Mexico.
The user can call up to 15 destination numbers within the 30 day period of the plan. These 15 destination numbers are reset at the end of each 30-day cycle.