Since the last decade, Android has taken over the market due to its advancing and outstanding operating system for your latest smartphones or tablets. It is the most popular OS all across the globe and often seen competing with Apple’s OS, iOS. The Android OS is famous for providing its users with a flawless experience in using any application on your device. Thus, you must know how to fix “App Not Installed” Error.
But, as the saying goes, nothing in this world is ideal. Therefore, Android also has some pros and cons and talking about one of its significant drawbacks is, “App Not Installed” error that we all have faced at some point of time being an Android user. The error is more common among the KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, and above versions of the Android OS.
Today, we will be discussing on how to overcome this type of error. The following steps will guide you through the problem.
How to Fix App Not Installed Error
- At first, you will need to download and install an app from Google Play Store, “ZipSigner”.
- After you launch the app, you will see the app dashboard, click on it.
- Tap on “Choose Input/Output” and locate your APK file of the app that showed “Installation failed”.
- Tap on “Sign the file”. This will sign your unsigned app.
- As your app is now a signed one, it will no more show “App Installation Failed”. Therefore, you can install the app now.
Link to Download: ZipSigner
See Also: – How To Solve Error 924 (Best Method) – TechWhoop
APK Editor App
- Download the APK Editor App from Google Play Store.
- Open the Editor and select an APK file (you will get two options, choose either) that you want to modify.
- If you find the App, just go with the “Common Edit” option.
- Now, what you can do in this step is you can replace the version name with the older version of the app. Not only this, you can change the SDK number. Also, you can install your app into other similar devices as yours and check for the SDK number.
- After applying all the changes, uninstall any similar pre-installed app and install the edited version of the app from APK Editor.
Link to Download: APK Editor App
- Go to the Setting of your phone or tablet and look for the option “Manage Apps”, tap on it.
- In the next activity, you will find an option “Package Installer”, and under this option, you will get two more options “Clear data” and “Clear cache”. You may also find these options in the Storage, depending upon the version of Android you are using.
- Just clear all your data and cache. Hence, your problem will be solved.
Reset App Preferences
- Go to your Android Device’s Settings.
- Open the App Manager and check for All Apps.
- Tap on Menu icon.
- In the last step, click on the “Reset App Preferences”.
Here are Some Bonus Tips
- You can also get “App Not Installed” error if you are having the shortage in your internal storage of the device. So, free up some space and even after that also your problem is not solved; you can follow either of the procedures mentioned above.
- Delete the “.android_secure/smdl2tmpl.asec” file from your SD card. Reboot your device and try to re-install the app. But, before doing that make sure that you have deleted all the previous versions of the app also while installing the app, you are not connected to a computer or PC. And also make sure the SD card is not inserted in your phone.
These were the simple tips and tricks to reset app preferences and fix app not installed error on Android devices. We hope you liked our guide. Don’t forget to share your opinions down in the comments.