Since the last decade, Android has taken over the market due to its advancing and outstanding operating system for your latest smartphones or tablets. It is the most popular OS all across the globe. Also, it is often seen competing with Apple’s OS, iOS. The Android OS is famous for providing its users with a flawless experience in using any application on your device. Thus, you must know how to fix “App Not Installed” Error.
But, as the saying goes, nothing in this world is ideal. Therefore, Android also has some pros and cons, and talking about one of its significant drawbacks is, the “App Not Installed” error that we all have faced at some point in time being Android users. The android app not installed error is more common among the KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, and above versions of the Android OS.
Today, we will be discussing how to overcome this type of error. The following steps will guide you through the problem. You can also check some ways to fix when your Outlook is not opening.
- 1 How to Fix App Not Installed Error
- 2 Here are Some Bonus Tips
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
How to Fix App Not Installed Error
Here are a few ways.
- At first, you will need to download and install an app from Google Play Store, “ZipSigner”.
- After you launch the app, you will see the app dashboard, click on it.
- Tap on “Choose Input/Output” and locate your APK file of the app that showed “Installation failed”.
- Tap on “Sign the file”. This will sign your unsigned app.
- As your app is now a signed one, it will no more show “App Installation Failed”. Therefore, you can install the app now to fix App Not Installed error.
See Also: – How To Solve Error 924 (Best Method) – TechWhoop
APK Editor App
- Download the APK Editor App from Google Play Store.
- Open the Editor and select an APK file (you will get two options, choose either) that you want to modify.
- If you find the App, just go with the “Common Edit” option.
- Now, what you can do in this step is you can replace the version name with the older version of the app. Not only this, you can change the SDK number. Also, you can install your app into other similar devices as yours and check for the SDK number.
- After applying all the changes, uninstall any similar pre-installed app and install the edited version of the app from APK Editor to fix App Not Installed error.
- Go to the Setting of your phone or tablet and look for the option “Manage Apps”, tap on it to know why does it say app not installed.
- In the next activity, you will find an option “Package Installer”, and under this option, you will get two more options “Clear data” and “Clear cache”. You may also find these options in the Storage, depending upon the version of Android you are using.
- Just clear all your data and cache. Hence, your App Not Installed problem will be solved.
Reset App Preferences
- Go to your Android Device’s Settings to fix apk not installing error.
- Open the App Manager and check for All Apps.
- Tap on the Menu icon.
- In the last step, click on the “Reset App Preferences”.
Here are Some Bonus Tips
- You can also get an error if you are having a shortage in your internal storage of the device. So, free up some space and if even that does not solve your problem; you can follow either of the procedures mentioned above.
- You have to delete the “.android_secure/smdl2tmpl.as” file from your SD card. Then, reboot your device and try to re-install the app. But, before doing that make sure that you have deleted all the previous versions of the app. Also when you will install the app, please ensure that you are not connected to a computer or PC. And see to it that the SD card is not inserted into your phone to know how to fix app not installed.
What could be the best possible way to enable an APK installation?
There are quite a few possible methods by which a user can do this. Firstly, the user will need to visit the settings portion of their device. Once the user is in there, they will have to find the folder called security and privacy and then they have to follow the path by visiting more settings. Now once they have accomplished that, they will have to press the option that helps them to download applications from places that are external to their phones. Once they have sanctioned that, they can now go to any internet browser of their own choice like Google Chrome and even browsers like Mozilla Firefox. Then, they must download the files for the App that they desire to be kept on their device. If the user has done this successfully, then they may toggle the place that allows such application installation and subsequently turn that on. The above method should work very efficiently on phones that have androids of 8 and above.
What could be the most feasible way for a user to get applications whose sources are unknown?
There are possibly multiple ways in which a user may do this. First of all, they will have to visit the original homepage of their device and then run their finger on the screen by swiping upwards or downwards on it. That action should show the place which has all the applications. Once the user is there, they may find the settings option on the search bar or find it manually. Then once the user presses on it, they may select the menu option in there and follow it up by visiting the place that mentions special access. There the user may search for the option that sanctions the installation of these applications from places that are not common on their device and they must now press it to allow entry. Once that is finished, they may now choose the application that they may desire to keep from a place that is unknown. Then they may have to provide entry to the switch for the origin which can now be opened or closed at any given time. This should fix the App Not Installed error.
What could be the best possible way for me to install a folder for the App I want on my device?
In most cases, once the user has downloaded the file of their choice, their internet browser should automatically open it or give the user the choice to open it when it has finished downloading. However, if it does not do that, there is a possible way the user can work around fixing the issue. First, the user will now have to go to their Files folder (explorer). This contains all kinds of files that are present on the phone, and then seek out the download option from those folders. The software will have downloaded the user's desired folder for their app in there. Once they press it, they will notice that now the app file is asking for some sanctions. So that it can be used on your phone. Once the user has given those, it will show the user an option to install it on their device and they can press it to get started on the installation.
These were the simple tips and tricks to reset app preferences and fix app not installed errors on Android devices. We hope you liked our guide on apk not installed on android. Don’t forget to share your opinions in the comments.