The mobile phone’s utility has increased as it has been improved and enhanced to make life easy. The major use of mobile still stays intact that is calling. And for that, we need this little device to save our contacts and also backup them. Through this article, we will see steps to how to back up phone contacts.
It was a long time ago when you noted down every contact in a diary. Or you need to ask people to share their contact numbers again as you lost them. You also might have doubts about how to recover deleted contacts on android. With advancements in technology, it has become just a matter of setting up contacts so that you don’t lose them at all.
- 1 How To Back Up Phone Contacts And Sync Them?
- 2 How To Transfer Phone Contacts To SIM?
- 3 Restore The Contacts On Google
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Conclusion
How To Back Up Phone Contacts And Sync Them?
If you want to know how to back up phone contacts, the most recommended and secure method to sync and back up your device contacts is through Google. Follow these easy steps to save your contacts online so that they are never lost.
- First, on your Android phone, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down, find and open Google, and select backup.
- Now select the Google Account data option.
- Now you need to enable the toggle Contacts button.
- Go to the Contacts app and tap on your profile image.
- Now you have to select the Contacts app settings.
- Tap on the Google Contacts sync settings.
- If you have multiple Google accounts, choose the one where you want to sync the contacts.
- Go to Manage Settings, under Also sync device contacts.
- Now enable the toggle button that Automatically backups & sync device contacts.
Further in the article, you will learn more about taking back up phone contact.
Back-Up Contacts Via VCF File
If you don’t rely on cloud storage or find it difficult to understand how that works, you back up your contacts through the vcf file. You might also think of a situation on how to recover contacts from a lost android phone. This is an old and manual way to safeguard your contact list and easily answer your question on how to back up phone contacts.
- Open your Google Contacts app.
- Find and open the Fix & manage tab.
- You need to select the Export to file option.
- Tap on the menu button with the three lines.
- Now you need to determine where you want to store the contacts and click on the Save option.
This will help you export your contact list to the location where you want to store it. Now you can even save it to external storage as well.
Contacts Backup Using Third-party Apps
Other than Google Contacts, SIM cards, and VCF files, numerous apps let you backup your contact lists and restore them. Simply, by following a few steps in those third-party apps, you can create a backup of the contacts. Similarly, you can restore the contacts when needed.
There are paid as well as free apps in the market available that offer different features. Few are only to create a backup of your contacts, and others can provide backup for your overall android phone. It depends on your requirements that you need to only backup contacts or a backup for other files.
You might think about how to rely on third-party apps with my backup contacts.
Here is the list of a few third-party apps that can help resolve the backup contacts issue. Let us look at it and understand how to back up phone contacts.
This is a complete package to backup, save, and restore your contacts.
It also allows you to transfer contacts from and to different operating systems such as Andriod and iOS.
This app lets you backup, restore, and save all the previous contacts.
It is also multi-functional in terms of the operating system.
It allows you to take backup in the form of a .vcf attachment that you can share through email.
It sends backup reminders timely, and also you can restore contacts easily.
How To Transfer Phone Contacts To SIM?
- Open the contacts on your Android phone.
- Now open any one contact from the list.
- On the top right corner, tap on the two or three dots to see more options.
- Find and tap on the Copy or Share option.
- Choose the SIM card on which you want to save the contact.
- Similarly, follow these steps for all contacts you want to save on your SIM Card.
Restore The Contacts On Google
There might be a situation where your phone is stolen. Or you change your device and need to restore the contacts. Another scenario could be where your contacts have been deleted by mistake.
It is possible to restore your contacts or contact list from Google contacts. If you have enabled the option to create a backup in your google account, you can still find all your contacts.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to restore contacts from your Google account.
- First, on your Android phone, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to find and open the Google option.
- Now you need to navigate and select the Setup and Restore option.
- It would be best if you now chose the Restore contacts option.
- Now you need to select the account and Device backup from and for which you want to restore the contacts.
Now Google contacts restore will complete the process for the respective device. It might take some time to recover all the contacts in the list.
What happens when Google syncs the contacts?
In your Android phone, Google to sync the contacts takes place automatically as the option is enabled by default. So, whenever you log in to your account on a new phone, Google contacts will have all the contacts saved for you. This backup is created at the time of logging into the device.
How to backup phone contacts on a PC?
To back up your contact list on PC, you can export your contacts in a VCF file. Then by connecting your phone to a PC with a USB cable, you can transfer the contact list to your PC. To achieve this, you need to open your Contacts app in your android phone. Now choose the Import/Export contacts option in Manage contacts. Click on Export to phone storage to now transfer it to your PC.
How to confirm if Google has my contacts backup?
To confirm if Google has backed up your contacts, you must ensure the Google Drive option is enabled in the Google settings. Go to Settings and click on the Google option. Now find and open the Backup option. The toggle button against the Backup by Google One option should be enabled.
As the technology has developed, we have various options on how to back up phone contacts and other data as well. And first and most secure place to do that is Google. Google has expanded its limit to every possible facility we need with our different data types. Third-party apps can backup your contacts as well.
The most recommend and reliable method is to sync your contacts in Google Contacts. So if you still have not taken a backup of your contacts, do it now in whichever way you feel is suitable. And when you will change your device or lose your contacts, you can restore them all.