Project M is sort of a work in progress. A few months ago, we found live streams, but only the audio would play, no video. The Project M addon on Kodi also has a few interesting sections, particularly, a movie section. Your primary reason will be for its live sports options. Thus, you must know how to Install Project M Addon on Kodi.
There is a “World TV” section in the addon that was empty as of 23rd June 2017. Back then, it simply said “coming soon.” The Sports TV section has more than 70 options listed. You will also find a section dedicated just to Nordic TV option. Nordic TV opens Darkzide IPTV option, which we found didn’t work. But in their recent updates, it does.
Project M is an all in one addon that has movies, TV shows, IPTV, music, sports, etc. Project M Kodi has a lot of streams which are divided into categories and subcategories. After its recent update, it has been working quite well. In this guide today, we have provided our readers with the correct methods to install Project M addon on Kodi.
Table of Contents
Steps to Install Project M Addon on Kodi Jarvis (Kodi V17)
- Open your Kodi V16 Media center. From Kodi’s home screen, go to the “System” menu panel. Scroll down further until you see “File Manager” as a subcategory. Open the File Manager.
- After opening the File Manager, select the option which says “Add Source”.
- Inside the Add Source option, you will be able to see an option called “Add File Source.” Select this option.
- Under Add File Source, you should be able to see a highlighted text that reads the following: “<None>.” Click open this highlighted text.
- After clicking on <None>, type the following URL exactly as shown over here:
- After typing the URL, press the “Done” button to finish the project m download adding process. But the addon source will need some name. For consideration purpose, let’s call it “Mr Wiz.” You can name it anything else you want as long as you can remember it easily. You will need to open this source later on in following steps.
- Now, click on the “OK” button to add this newly named File Source.
- Right after adding the source, return to your home screen and select the option named “Add-ons.” The icon should look like a three-dimensional open box. Click it open.
- Inside the Add-ons option, click on the button which reads “Install From Zip File.”
- After you have selected Install from Zip File, click on Mr Wiz and then choose your repo:
- After choosing the repository, wait for a few moments. There should be a notification on your screen informing you about successful installation.
- Once you are done with this, select open “Install From Repository” and then click on the “Merlin Repository.”
- Now, choose the “Video Add-ons” option and click on “Project M” and hit “Install.”
- After complete installation of the Project M addon on Kodi, you will receive a notification stating the same. You can now locate Project M addons with the rest of your “Video Addons”. Hope this answered your question of “How to get project M”.
Note: The steps shown in the above points are only meant ONLY for users who own the V17 of Kodi or Kodi Krypton. Settings vary slightly on the older versions and you may fail to follow the steps correctly if you use them for V16 too. We will now brief you a little on the steps you need to install Project M Addon on Kodi V16 (Kodi Jarvis).
Steps to Install Project M Addon on Kodi Jarvis (Kodi V16)
- Open your Kodi media center. From Kodi’s home screen, go to the “System Settings.” It looks and is shaped like a gear symbol, over to your left on the screen.
- Once you have entered the System Settings, select the “File Manager” and then click on “Add Source.”
- There should be highlighted text box right under which reads “<None>”.
- Press this and then you will be shown an empty box. In that box, type the following URL exactly as depicted here:
- The newly created source will require a name. You can name it whatever you want, but for our assumption purpose, let’s say you named it “Mr Wiz” and then click on OK to complete the naming process.
- Navigate back to your Home Screen in Kodi. From the home screen, go and click on “Addons.” Select the “Package” symbol to your left on the top side of Kodi. Now, click on “Install From Zip.”
- Search for your Mr Wiz link (or whatever you had typed for the source name), and open it up. Find the repository.merlin.zip file, and select it to install the Merlin Repo. Now click on “Install From Repository” in Install From Zip option.
- In here, find and click on “Merlin Repository.”
- Go to “Video Addons,” click on “Project M” and then click on the “Install” button.
- After the successful installation of the Project M addon on Kodi, you will receive a notification stating the same. You can now locate Project M addon anytime you want with the rest of your “Video Addons.”
- Hope, now you’re able to install Project M addon on Kodi without any issue.
This guide is intended to help readers access content they already have purchased the rights to access. Techwhoop does not support piracy and bears no responsibility for what you decide to do with the information provided in this guide.
Please note that Techwhoop in no way develops, hosts, or produces any of the software or applications mentioned in the article. We do not support the use, distribution or purchase of fully-loaded Kodi boxes or other pirate streaming devices. Support the developers! Say no to Piracy!