PS4 is one of the most preferred online gaming platforms in this era. If you are part of the current era, you might have seen how people are addicted and glued to this game. This home video game has been brought into the market by Sony Entertainment in the year 2013. However, there are various other editions of this game console that came in the market before this. Follow this article to know about the best mtu settings for ps4.
You might already know that you need a stable internet connection when it comes to playing PS4. Even when you lose a second of internet connection, you might be out of the game. This is a terrible thing to happen to an online gamer.
In case you are looking to speed up your internet, you are at the correct place. One of the concepts you need to know about is mtu settings for ps4.
In this article, you will get to know the best mtu settings for ps4 that can help you maximize your internet potential. The only thing that you need to focus on is read the article properly. Then, it will solve most of your problems right away.
Best MTU Settings For PS4
Before we proceed to list out the options, you must first be apt with the basics. To begin with, you should first know what is mtu on ps4. It is the short form of the Maximum Transmission Unit. As the name suggests, it will make maximum use of the available data pack that you have. The lower the value of the bytes, the lower the delay you will face when you are facing network disturbances. This happens when you lower the time of the data being transmitted. Subsequently, you will see that it will take less time to reach you.
As mentioned, the lower the byte, the better it is for you. This can be done manually, too, if you want to experience high internet speed.
Here are some techniques that can help you get faster internet.
Use Of Wired Connection
Using a wired connection will save you from playing around with the ps4 mtu settings. In addition, a wired connection, if used, will automatically yield a higher internet speed and less delay. In case you use WiFi, you might experience some delay in the data being transmitted to you. Moreover, you can even use a VPN to securely and anonymously connect to the Server.
Alter MTU Value
You can now get the best mtu settings for ps4 only when you see that the wired connection does not help you. So hold back and sit tight because we will take you through a lot of things at once. If you are a user without too much exposure to technical knowledge, you might want to spend more time to know things.
- First, go to the settings of your PS4 console. You will then see the Set Up Internet Connection option. There, you will have to select the network type. It might either be LAN or WiFi.
- Once selected, it will direct you to a different window, where you will have two options. One will be Easy, and the other will be Custom. You will have to select the Custom option to proceed.
- Then, it will take you to another screen. From here, you must select Automatic only.
- Do not specify any DHCP Host Name and proceed directly. Instead, head on to the manual option here.
- It would be best to keep the byte value at 1473, but it may not always work.
- To know the best mtu settings for ps4, you should go to manual settings. You can then enter a value here and go back and test the internet connection. If it does not respond, you might have to use a higher value. In case it still responds, you can try going down to lower values. When you get the value, take 28 bytes higher and set the MTU at that.
- Altering the MTU settings is also one option that you can choose. This value will vary from brand to brand. This is not advised to be done. However, if you want to do it, you can go to the Network setting of your router. To know how to fix family mobile APN settings in a similarly easy way, click here.
- Then, in WAN, you should go to MTU. Here, you can enter the MTU value you want and press enter. To complete the process, you might have to restart your device for the router to reboot.
This is how you can get the best mtu settings or ps4 without a wired connection.
You now have the technique of the best mtu settings for ps4 that you can choose to use. It can get a little confusing initially, but you can do it easily once you read properly. This will help you to understand things, and the chance of committing an error will automatically reduce.
We suggest that you do not directly jump onto modifying the ps4 mtu. However, before you do that, you can try using the wired connection and see if it benefits you. If it does not, you can move on to get the best mtu for ps4 to enjoy the best experience.
It is important to note that the best mtu settings for ps4 are not the lowest value. Meaning, you do not have to always choose the lowest value of bytes available. You can stop at a reasonable value too.