PS4 is one of the most preferred online gaming platforms in this era. If you are part of the current era, you might have seen how people are addicted and glued to this game. This home video game was brought into the market by Sony Entertainment in the year 2013. However, various other editions of this game console came into the market before this. Follow this article to learn about the best mtu settings for ps4.
You might already know you need a stable internet connection when playing PS4. You might be out of the game even when you lose a second of internet connection. This is a terrible thing to happen to an online gamer.
If you want to speed up your internet, you are in the correct place. One of the concepts you need to know about is mtu settings for ps4. In this article, you will learn the best mtu settings for ps4 that can help you maximize your internet potential. The only thing that you need to focus on is reading the article correctly. Then, it will solve most of your problems right away.
Table of Contents
Best MTU Settings For PS4
Before we list the options, you must be familiar with the basics. To begin with, you should first know what MTU is on ps4. It is the short form of the Maximum Transmission Unit. As the name suggests, it will maximize your available data pack.
The lower the value of the bytes, the lower the delay you will face when facing network disturbances. This happens when you lower the time of the data being transmitted. Subsequently, you will see that reaching you will take less time.
As mentioned, the lower the byte, the better it is for you. This can be done manually if you want to experience high internet speed.
Here are some techniques that can help you get faster internet.
Use Of Wired Connection
A wired connection will save you from playing with the ps4 mtu settings. In addition, a wired connection, if used, will automatically yield a higher internet speed and less delay. If you use WiFi, you might experience some uncertainty in the data being transmitted to you.
Alter MTU Value
You can now get the best mtu settings for ps4 only when you see that the wired connection does not help you. So hold back and sit tight because we will simultaneously take you through many things. If you are a user without too much exposure to technical knowledge, you might want to spend more time knowing something.
- First, go to the settings of your PS4 console. You will then see the Set Up Internet Connection option. There, you will have to select the network type. It might either be LAN or WiFi.
- Once selected, it will direct you to a different window, where you will have two options. One will be Easy, and the other will be Custom. You will have to select the Custom option to proceed.
- Then, it will take you to another screen. From here, you must select Automatic only.
- Do not specify any DHCP Host Name and proceed directly. Instead, head on to the manual option here.
- It would be best to keep the byte value at 1473, but it may not always work.
- You should go to manual settings to know the best mtu settings for ps4. You can then enter a value here and go back and test the internet connection. You might have to use a higher value if it does not respond. If it still responds, you can try decreasing to lower values. When you get the discount, take 28 bytes higher and set the MTU.
- Altering the MTU settings is also one option that you can choose. This value will vary from brand to brand. This is not advised to be done. However, if you want to do it, you can go to the Network setting of your router. To know how to fix family mobile APN settings similarly quickly, click here.
- Then, in WAN, you should go to MTU. Here, you can enter the MTU value you want and press enter. To complete the process, you might have to restart your device for the router to reboot.
You can get the best mtu settings or ps4 without a wired connection.
What should I set my MTU for ps4?
Initially, try setting 1473 in the manual settings change. You can try setting different values like 1450 or lesser values till a deal is accepted.
What MTU is best for gaming?
You can try different MTUs for gaming; the only thing that you need to keep in mind is that it should not go below 1400. 1452 is the ideal value that you could try.
What is the fastest MTU size?
Different MTU sizes have different speeds. MTU 1500 is the fastest of them all.
Should I add 28 to MTU?
Add 28 to the largest packet size to find the optimal value of the MTU setting. It is a hassle-free method you can use to find the optimal value.
You now have the technique of the best mtu settings for ps4 that you can choose to use. It can get slightly confusing initially, but you can do it quickly once you read it correctly. This will help you to understand things, and the chance of committing an error will automatically reduce.
We suggest that you do not directly jump onto modifying the ps4 mtu. However, before you do that, you can try using the wired connection and see if it benefits you. If it does not, you can move on to get the best MTU for ps4 to enjoy the best experience.
It is important to note that the best mtu settings for ps4 are not the lowest value. You do not always have to choose the lowest value of bytes available. You can stop at a reasonable value too.