What is TWRP?
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It is a PC software used for backing up the ROM of your phone, apps on your phone, boot, and system. For installing TWRP into your phone, you will have to download the exact version that has been made especially for your phone. TWRP have different versions for different mobile phones. Thus, you must know how to Install TWRP Recovery Using Odin.
This software is mainly used for rooting the phone. While rooting, there is a chance of data loss. To avoid this, people usually back up their entire ROM to TWRP. TWRP can be used for backing up data in your phone, restoring the backed up data, wiping the memory of your phone, mounting image, etc. TWRP works only for Android phones.
The process of installing TWRP on your phone is called as “flashing.” The flashing of TWRP recovery is done on Samsung Android devices using ODIN. By flashing TWRP, you replace the custom stock recovery image with TWRP. This software was initially used by people repairing cell phones for flashing firmware to a phone. But with time, everyone has started using this software. Flashing TWRP on Samsung Android devices is easy. Just follow these simple steps for install TWRP recovery using odin on Samsung Android devices.
But with time, everyone has started using this software. Install TWRP recovery using odin and Flashing TWRP on Samsung Android devices is easy.
Now, follow these simple steps for install TWRP recovery using ODIN on Samsung Android devices.
Install TWRP Recovery Using Odin
Simply follow these easy to implement steps:
- Download .Tar file of TWRP recovery from its website. (make sure you download the file that is specifically for your mobile company)
- Download ODIN from here.
- Once downloaded, simply unzip the file and extract it to the preferred location on your PC.
- On your phone, go to the settings option. In settings, you will find an option named “build number.”
- Tap on this build number for 7 times.
- Once you do this, developers mode will be activated on your phone.
- After completing this process, go back to settings and look for “Enable OEM unlock” option. Once you find it, check/tick the box to enable it.
- After doing this, the next step is to allow your device into download mode.
Enable the Download Mode
- Power of your device. After it shuts down completely, hold home + power + volume down button at the same time for few seconds until a pop up appears.
- After the pop up appears, press the volume up button. Now, the phone will enter the download mode.
- Also, connect your device to your PC using a USB cable. Make sure the USB cable is intact and undamaged.
- ODIN will detect your android device once you connect it to the PC. ODIN will add your device to its list.
- Click on AP tab from ODIN on your PC.
- Press on TWRP.rar file that you had downloaded previously from its website.
- Click on the start button. ODIN will start flashing TWRP to your device. Once this process finishes, your phone will reboot automatically.
This is how you flash and install TWRP recovery using ODIN on your Samsung Android devices. So, once you finish installing, you can switch your phone to TWRP recovery mode every time you want to backup or restore your ROM by pressing home+ power button+ volume up at the same time and releasing it upon the appearing of your phones logo.