First, before getting into the topic, I would like to give you some additional info about Kodi and how to Install Netflix on Kodi for free. Kodi is a multi-platform home theater PC application. It is a free and open-source media player which is available for multiple operating systems to use with the television and remote controls. Next coming to Netflix is the famous app developed in 1997 by an American entertainment company. It is one of the biggest players in the field of media.
Here are the steps to install Netflix on Kodi:
- Ensure you have at least Kodi version 18 installed or update your existing Kodi.
- Retrieve the Netflix repository file from GitHub.
- Navigate to Kodi’s home page.
- Opt for ‘Add-ons.’
- Choose the ‘Install from zip file‘ option.
Using Kodi, one can view and perform most media streaming, such as videos, audio, podcasts, images, and files. Next coming to Netflix is the famous app developed in 1997 by an American entertainment company. It is one of the biggest players in the field of media. This application is the paid one to stream unlimited movies, and TV shows online. In case you’re looking for a free Netflix account, click here. Here I am going to give you the procedure to install Netflix on Kodi on Windows, Android devices. The way to access Netflix on Kodi XBMC is easy and simple. It does not take much time to install.
See Also: How to Install Showbox on Kodi [In-depth Guide]
Table of Contents
How to Install Netflix on Kodi On Your Windows?
Follow the steps given below to combine Netflix and Kodi in your Windows system. Alelec Repository on Kodi offers you a free Netflix video.
- The first step to install NetfliXBMC in Kodi is to download ‘alelec repository zip file.’
- Launch Kodi on your device and go to the home screen of Kodi and select system settings in it.
- Before starting the installation, make sure that you’ve turned On Unknown Sources because it will allow you to install files from third-party add-ons.
- Next click on the Add-ons to install alelec from the zip file.
- Unzip the alelec repository by selecting and then double-clicking on the file.
- Next go back to the previous menu by clicking the backspace from where click on the option Install from Repository-> alelec Kodi rep->then Program Add-ons
- Now choose the Chrome launcher and wait for the add-on message, which will be enabled soon.
- Then again, do the the above step, go back to the Add-ons menu and select Install from Repository->alelec Kodi repo->Video Add-ons, and then at last double click on NetfliXBMC
- Click on the install option.
Your Netflix for Kodi has been successfully installed.
- Now go to the home screen and choose Videos, in which Add-ons-> NetfliXBMC.
- Next, a new window will be opened which asks for your Netflix account details.
- Give the Netflix Username and Password and enjoy the Netflix videos and TV shows in Kodi.
You can install Netflix on Kodi Jarvis version 16 and 17.1 Krypton in the same way which I have given above. The same process can be used to install Netflix for Kodi Raspberry Pi.
Now, mostly all have Android devices which are being used in many ways. More Android users started using Kodi in their Android devices since they can easily view any type of streaming video anywhere else.
If you wish to stream videos of Netflix in Kodi, which has been used on your android device, here is the easy way to do that. You will get to know how to add Netflix on Kodi.
See Also: Installing Beast On Kodi? Complete Process [Full Guide 2023]
How to Install the Netflix on Kodi Android Devices?
- To perform the above process, first, install Netflix from the play store on your device.
- After installing Netflix on your device, launch Kodi.
- In the main screen, click on the Add-ons option.
- Then select the Android apps option and then scroll down to locate your Netflix app.
- Click on the located Netflix app. Thus it can launch your Netflix on Kodi Android.
- Then login to Netflix using your Netflix account
- Enjoy watching all videos and TV shows available on Netflix via Kodi.
This process to install Netflix for Kodi is easier compared to the installation of Netflix in Windows and Ubuntu systems. To get access to the US Netflix on Kodi XBMC then you have to connect your Kodi VPN service with the servers in the US.
See Also: Is Kodi Legal? Things You Must Know About It
How to Install Kodi on Fire TV
- On AppStarter’s home screen, proceed to the Updates listing on the current screen’s left and click on Updates.
- Click on the stall button on the right-hand side of the screen and have a glance at the setup procedure that will install Kodi on Fire TV.
- Once you have done the setup process, click ‘Open’ & Kodi app will launch on your FireTV.
See Also: Unpair Fire TV Remote Or Pair Amazon’s firestick [Easy Guide]
Update Kodi to the newest version
If you have any other version of Kodi running, then make sure you update it to Kodi 18.8 Leia. To do this, visit the Kodi website and choose the download links relevant to your device.
This version is required because it can use the workaround to access the required zip file to install the addon.
Netflix ZIP File Download
Proceed to GitHub for the appropriate file.
After this, come to the section named ‘Installation and Update.’ You will notice two zip files – for Kodi 18 and for the latest Kodi 19. Download the Kodi 18 CastagnalT ( zip file). Note down the location.
Prepare Kodi For Installation
Due to the Default setting in Kodi, it will stop the installation of a third-party Kodi addon. Allow installation from unknown sources.
If you are doing this for the first time, do this:
- Start Netflix Kodi -> Select the Gear option in the top left corner of your home screen->Click on the ‘Systems’ option given on the right side of the screen.
- Go on Add-ons -> turn on the setting to allow Unknown sources.
Installation From Zip File
You can now install everything to install Netflix on Kodi 18.
Here is how you will do this:
- Come to the Home screen -> choose ‘My Add-ons‘ -> Select ‘video player input stream’ -> Scroll down -> enable InputStream Adaptive and RTMP input.
- Select add-ons -> click ‘install from zip file.’
- Go to the Home screen -> select Add-ons -> Video Add-ons, and you will see the Netflix icon.
- Log in with your Netflix account.
Install Netflix on Firestick Kodi
Getting a zip file downloaded is not easy if you wish to use Kodi on FireStick because they do not have USB ports.
Follow these steps:
- Download ES File Explorer.
- Open it -> locate the ‘network tab‘ under ‘Remote Manager.’
- Go to the bottom of the screen -> find the TURN ON button.
- Copy and save the IP address being shown.
- Download a file named FileZilla.
- Paste the IP address previously copied into the “host” field.
- Transfer the Kodi addon zip to install it in Kodi.
Yeah, using the above procedure, you can easily install Netflix on Kodi on your favorite devices. Start watching your favorite series, cartoons, new movies, and TV shows on Kodi on your Windows and Android devices. The above method is easy and will just take a few minutes to install.
You might also like to install Mucky Duck on Kodi to improve its functionality. So start enjoying the new streaming videos. The above-given methods show how to add Netflix to Kodi. If you want any clarifications about the given method, mention them in the comment box.